Cannot Reach Full Throttle With Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, All Other Functions Work

6 replies to this topic

#1 Wreck Marrior

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 08:58 AM

...except button 10?

Everything works in-game except one button and the throttle only reaches ~80% even though fully extended.

Windows 10 game profiler shows all inputs working as expected and joystick range is normal.

I have played with sensitivity and deadzones inside both MWO and joystick profiler. No deadzone and 100% sensitivity seems to be a good mix btw.

MWO game settings recognizes all other inputs, axes, etc; however it does not seem to be communicating with the Logitech Profiler (an outdated app only available to that joystick), as when I try mapping axis assignments or zone assignments, or changing button assignments or inverting axes, etc. nothing happens, whether I restart the game or not. Whether I start the game directly from profiler (often helps with other games) or not.

I have tried enabling and disabling controllers in Steam under Library>MWO>Properties, and have tried mapping with Steam, same trouble but more complicated...

I found old posts mentioning actionmaps.xml but the location has changed and I couldn't find it either in my documents, or User>AppData>Local.

Any help appreciated, will contact support directly and update this post if any solution is found.

thx

#2 Der Geisterbaer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 800 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 12:34 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 07 May 2021 - 11:46 AM, said:

why do you wanna use a joystick in the first place? you are gonna get destroyed by pretty much everyone.

Using a joystick instead your left hand (for a right-handed person that still aims with a mouse on the right hand) for forward/reverse throttle and turning actually works just fine and in some cases even better than plain WASD.

AS for the problem that the OP is experiencing: Dunno, my joystick works just fine for throttle and turns with the default settings of MWO.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 04:22 PM

had this problem for awhile, i lose a fraction of a kph over the w key. ive been able to calibrate it down to almost negligible in my ch software (windows calibration might help, if your controller has drivers or utilities, install them and look for calibration settings), but it still persists. there might be a user cfg tweak, but i never bothered investigating it.

View PostLockheed_, on 07 May 2021 - 11:46 AM, said:

why do you wanna use a joystick in the first place? you are gonna get destroyed by pretty much everyone.

the joystick itself is bad for your aim, but a throttle quadrant like the ch pro throttle i use or any left hand controller is nice to have. complements any semi decent gaming mouse. main advantage is you have an analog throttle and legs (i use pedals) and usually enough buttons for all the controls, mine has room for everything.

Edited by LordNothing, 07 May 2021 - 04:37 PM.

#4 Alex Morgaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 04:29 PM

can you set it so 75% is full throttle and see how well that works? asking cause M/KB so no joysticks XD

Edited by Alex Morgaine, 07 May 2021 - 04:29 PM.

#5 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 04:44 PM

View PostAlex Morgaine, on 07 May 2021 - 04:29 PM, said:

can you set it so 75% is full throttle and see how well that works? asking cause M/KB so no joysticks XD

its set and forget, any value from -100% to 100%. you dont have to hold or adjust with keys and it frees up your fingers for other controls. when i get into battle range i can slow down, unlock my arms if needed, set my vision mode and use my jump jets all at the same time. dont have to do the keyboard dance.

Edited by LordNothing, 07 May 2021 - 04:48 PM.

#6 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 08:04 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 07 May 2021 - 07:00 PM, said:

why would you want analog throttle? I never had the need for going only half speed or accelerating gently, the mechs are already sluggish as hell by them selves.

you know how many times i made a ppc boat miss by pumping my throttle?
any motion reduces enemy accuracy, even if almost imperceptable.
matching speed with lancemates is easy.
analog steering is really good on light mechs where the maximum turn rate is way more than you need in most situations.
you dont have to wait to accelerate to the desired speed to remove your finger from the key, you dont even need your finger on a key, it can be on some other function.

and it doesnt hurt anything, unlike the joystick that will seriously gimp your aim vs a mouse, a throttle does the same thing the keyboard can do.

#7 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 05:53 PM

I use a CH Pro Throttle Stick for my left hand. Many buttons that are way more ergonomic than a keyboard. I have to calibrate it to 100% a little before the physical 100% to reach 100%. maybe try something like that?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users