Make A Seperate Fp For Compies

26 replies to this topic

#1 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 06:08 PM

fp is effectively dead as far as I am concerned, since it's being taken over by compies, the comp players who seem to enjoy farming everyone who isn't able to play at their level, and following that with comments such as get gud, or go back to quick play... got news for y'all... not everyone is physically able to play at your level, so you guys should have your own version of fp through the comp play side of things... haven't had a good fp match in well over a month because of compies...

#2 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 06:34 PM

not enough players for that,

barely enough players to keep one CW/FP alive.

#3 Blackgodzilla

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 02:16 AM

View PostGalenthor Kerensky, on 30 April 2021 - 06:08 PM, said:

fp is effectively dead as far as I am concerned, since it's being taken over by compies, the comp players who seem to enjoy farming everyone who isn't able to play at their level, and following that with comments such as get gud, or go back to quick play... got news for y'all... not everyone is physically able to play at your level, so you guys should have your own version of fp through the comp play side of things... haven't had a good fp match in well over a month because of compies...

Hey. No.

I'll elaborate. Besides population issues - there is no reason to separate the queues. The thing you are going to have to realize is that FP is END GAME CONTENT. That means you shouldn't be dropping into FP without the proper skills/knowledge/equips. If you, as you say, aren't physically able to play content like that at the level you need to, you aren't ready for it yet.

Stop blaming people who played this game enough to be at that level, because you yourself most likely can't perform as needed for your team. Accept reality.

Edited by Blackgodzilla, 01 May 2021 - 02:25 AM.

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 May 2021 - 02:38 AM

Hi Galenthor Kerensky.

When you click on the Faction Play screen you have a popup that gives you a warning of what to expect. It gives you prior warning about the competitiveness and decent builds being very important.

To say the Queue should be split out seems a little confusing.

I have reposted it below in-case you have forgotten what it says

Posted Image

#5 Arnetheus

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 02:48 AM

fp is effectively dead as far as I am concerned, since it's being taken over by compies

Comp scene consists of a wide variety of differently skilled players, on top of being quite a low percentage of the total number of players. Not sure what you mean by "being taken over", numbers don't add up.

the comp players who seem to enjoy farming everyone who isn't able to play at their level, and following that with comments such as get gud, or go back to quick play...

Playing FP a few days a week, can't recall such comments as of late, or them being made often at all. You sure you're not overestimating the situation, basing it on a few same people you found annoying at times?

got news for y'all... not everyone is physically able to play at your level

Not news, really, that's how life works. Nobody expects people to be equal in a PvP game? And if you mean actual physical limitations/disabilities, doubly so. There are people like Bishop Warrior though, who still play better than most able-bodied MWO players. Props to them for being able to enjoy the game with such control scheme for a shooter.

so you guys should have your own version of fp through the comp play side of things...

As much as i would like to see that happen, to shake things up, i do not think there's enough players to make that work, unfortunately. Who knows, maybe if the game's population gets better over the next year =)
And it takes enough time as it is, for the people to get ready for the current comp leagues.

haven't had a good fp match in well over a month because of compies...

There are quite a few sayings that end on "... maybe it's a you problem".
What's a "good match" to you in FP? Personally, i look only at my own performance when dropping solo in FP. Mostly because the level of team cohesion in FP is not that much higher than what you have in Quickplay. So just play to your best. At that point winning or losing becomes irrelevant, you're just one of the twelve players on your team.

#6 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 02:53 AM

Here's how "compies" in FP looks like:

Posted Image

#7 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 01 May 2021 - 03:17 AM

1) not enough players

2) the only comp players who play FP is some JGx, myself included, and we never write that sort of **** in chat. If you screenshot a JGx pilot writing crap and harassing people in chat you can report directly to krasnopesky or myself, and we will deal with him accordingly, we have a pretty strict code of conduct in our unit.

3)the "compies"you are getting farmed from are not comps, are just normal people with barely decent skills. 12 men of JGx/EMP/EON/228 black watch don't exist in FP since 2016 or so to my knowledge.

Edited by D A T A, 01 May 2021 - 03:23 AM.

#8 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 04:12 AM

View PostD A T A, on 01 May 2021 - 03:17 AM, said:

3)the "compies"you are getting farmed from are not comps, are just normal people with barely decent skills. 12 men of JGx/EMP/EON/228 black watch don't exist in FP since 2016 or so to my knowledge.

DenAirwalkerr just posted a picture one above your post with a 12 man EMP dated 2020. Surley just as rare as a snowflake in August.

EDIT: But those occasions are very seldom.

EDIT EDIT: Best is Bowser killed Chimera (one of his own team). What happened there? Game almost over and he killed him just out of fun? Or a missed arty? We will never know....

Edited by tee5, 01 May 2021 - 04:18 AM.

#9 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 05:52 AM

TIL if someone kills you they are a "compie".

#10 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 01 May 2021 - 05:57 AM

View Posttee5, on 01 May 2021 - 04:12 AM, said:

DenAirwalkerr just posted a picture one above your post with a 12 man EMP dated 2020. Surley just as rare as a snowflake in August.

EDIT: But those occasions are very seldom.

EDIT EDIT: Best is Bowser killed Chimera (one of his own team). What happened there? Game almost over and he killed him just out of fun? Or a missed arty? We will never know....

That was the same night we were attempting to get a 48-0 match, I think we played 3 faction total. This was the closest we got:
Posted Image

Also, Bowser killed Chimera cause he could, cause we tend to mess around at the end of games a lot.

Edited by Vxheous, 01 May 2021 - 05:58 AM.

#11 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 01 May 2021 - 06:50 AM

View PostVxheous, on 01 May 2021 - 05:57 AM, said:

That was the same night we were attempting to get a 48-0 match, I think we played 3 faction total. This was the closest we got:
Posted Image

Also, Bowser killed Chimera cause he could, cause we tend to mess around at the end of games a lot.

Nice one, but again, full 12 of emp or jgx almost do not exist at all in FP, so idk what the original post is talking about......

#12 N A S C A R

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 09:28 AM

View PostD A T A, on 01 May 2021 - 06:50 AM, said:

Nice one, but again, full 12 of emp or jgx almost do not exist at all in FP, so idk what the original post is talking about......

Maybe he is talking about Div-B teams, like RJF or G-NX or CSPS? But their skill level is not very high

#13 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 01 May 2021 - 05:05 PM

haven't had a good fp match in well over a month because of compies...

I have been on the pug side leading a victory against units before. All units have against pugs is the ability to pre match mechs. The reason pugs tend to fail against units is rarely not poor mech cohesion, it's poor tactics. They don't work together. They are, in fact, often complicit in their own demise by letting the enemy overwhelm them a few at a time.

I often loose when pugging in CW, because pugging. But even when my team gets stomped, I have good games.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 01 May 2021 - 05:12 PM.

#14 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 02 May 2021 - 01:37 AM

Despite being absolutely arsefucked repeatedly by assorted groups I haven't heard anyone tell we losers to
"git gud" for a long time.

But what would be nice is if organised groups would occasionally play against each other instead of continuing the stomp and making it less fun for the rest of us.

#15 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 06:32 AM

View PostD A T A, on 01 May 2021 - 06:50 AM, said:

It's but a nightmare for most, I think EmP drops 12manFP once every 3 years at best Posted Image
Although even a 9 man (one completely AFK so not even sharing armor to help) with mostly wrong mechs because we were dropping for fun had no issues vs scary EVL/BCMC on Polar
Posted Image

@Galenthor Kerensky
These "compy" games where you're alluding to the highest levels of players simply do not happen.
"Comp" is a broad term where some of the worst players to the best fall under the same token word that people use to whine with; instead of focusing on removing people from playing and further diminishing the population you should be working on improving your own play so that you can compete in the mode. I promise it's not hard.

Edited by McGoat, 02 May 2021 - 06:33 AM.

#16 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 12:23 PM

I have been playing this since open beta... I am not generally someone who cares about getting kills because anyone with even a mg can still a kill... getting a dmg output below 1k is quite frustrating for me, as I usually average alot higher than that, I have had matches where I have been focused out of all 4 of my mechs within a few min, I have other matches where I was lucky enough to be on my 2nd or 3rd when the match ended... My ranting is because if way too much of the effectively 2-3 min of gameplay then having to sit and wait, through no fault of my own... I consider myself an average player... as for what Bowelhacker replied with, I fully agree with that, hence my reasoning for my posting this...

McGoat: my ability to play the game mode isn't the problem... when I fubar myself in a match, I tend to do it rather spectacularly... but the last few weeks of playing, with a couple of exceptions, getting taken out completely with less than the 1k dmg I mentioned is because of ending up facing primarily comp teams who ended up farming the hell out of us. I am not saying that compies can't play fp, I feel that they should have their own version of fp to play so that when they play, they can play against those who are of similar skill levels instead of against those of us who aren't able for whatever reasons to reach the same level of skill in the game.

Nascar: no, I wasn't talking about the solaris divisions, I have no interest in that...

Vxheous: I was in a match on sulferous rift where that happened, and was wondering why it happened considering the match was in effect over at that point in time...

Data: as a matter of fact, most if not all of the folks on the opfor were comp players for the matches I was referring to...

Arnetheus: can't say I can recall seeing Bishop Warrior before, so I don't know what their sitrep is... if they wish me to know, they can always drop me a msg... as fora "good" match... between 1-2k dmg output, a kill or two, and having fun in the process, win or lose.

john bronco: you completely missed my point...

Ash: you and I have been in quite a few matches, both fp and qp, on both the same side and opfor to each other. We haven't always agreed with each other, but we have had some damn good matches, and some not so good matches over the years so far...

Blackgodzilla: I don't recall ever being in a match with you, so I have no idea how you play the game. I have spent more than enough time in fp, I have earned my right to comment on it...

#17 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,798 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 05:35 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 01 May 2021 - 02:38 AM, said:

Hi Galenthor Kerensky.

When you click on the Faction Play screen you have a popup that gives you a warning of what to expect. It gives you prior warning about the competitiveness and decent builds being very important.

To say the Queue should be split out seems a little confusing.

I have reposted it below in-case you have forgotten what it says

Posted Image

that popup has caused more damage than good imho. that was pgi throwing in the towel and admitting they had no way to make a place for everyone in the mode and scaring off would be players in the process. the sad thing is the current matchmaker would work if people weren't scared of the mode and we could get the population numbers up. a couple of exclusive fp events (tukayyid) or lp/rp buffs would really fix that.

i for one would love to play fp again, but its the dead queues and the wait times that kill it for me. i can handle fighting the big skilled units, sometimes those are the fun games when my team decides to actually put up a fight rather than scatter and do who knows what. its easy to maintain a w/l=1 in fp as a middle tier pug, you just got to take it seriously.

Edited by LordNothing, 02 May 2021 - 05:55 PM.

#18 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:04 AM

A: population doesn't support it. B. Where do u draw the line? Is rjf "compies", streamer group, emp, evil, every bunch of players with over 2k average?

There are miles of skill difference in the top 1%. Damn if i want watch someone like Bowser playing, i dont understand what he is doing 50% of the time. A dead bucket helps no one. They should finally go for at least a 4 minimum mechs owned.

Where I agree with, is that teams should self control and split if there is no proper opposition. But most groups are already in the 4-6 area if there are big.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 03 May 2021 - 12:02 PM.

#19 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 07:58 AM

View PostMcGoat, on 02 May 2021 - 06:32 AM, said:

It's but a nightmare for most, I think EmP drops 12manFP once every 3 years at best Posted Image
Although even a 9 man (one completely AFK so not even sharing armor to help) with mostly wrong mechs because we were dropping for fun had no issues vs scary EVL/BCMC on Polar
Posted Image

@Galenthor Kerensky
These "compy" games where you're alluding to the highest levels of players simply do not happen.
"Comp" is a broad term where some of the worst players to the best fall under the same token word that people use to whine with; instead of focusing on removing people from playing and further diminishing the population you should be working on improving your own play so that you can compete in the mode. I promise it's not hard.

Fusion got sent to the couch by Kornea for that ambush lol.

Kornea told us that she heard Fusion say "we got them" into voip, didn't know what was going on until this happened.

#20 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 03 May 2021 - 09:31 AM

Many of the people who ask for these sorts of things dont fully understand what they are asking for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users