Leader Of The Pack Free Mech Event

143 replies to this topic

#101 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 May 2021 - 01:10 AM

Catching up... Again... :ph34r:

View PostSteel Shanks, on 12 May 2021 - 01:19 PM, said:

As much as I love the Free Mechs, how bout some NEW Mechs? Pillager, Crusader, would be interesting choices. I don't know whatever Clan non-sense Mechs could come out Turkina or whatever... Maybe some ComStar Mechs? Like the Grim Reaper? Or the Marshal Mech from the Taurian Concordat and Canopus? The Ost-Mechs maybe? Would love to play and see some new Mechs running around...

View PostGas Guzzler, on 12 May 2021 - 01:31 PM, said:

Hauptmann
Blackhawk KU
Men-Shen
Raptor
Kingfisher
Dragon Fire
Black Python
Gunslinger
Komodo
Locust IIC
Shadowhawk IIC
Turkina
Brigand
Fire Falcon

This is the way.

HEY!!! You forgot about the "UrbanMech IIC" in your bundles of Mech names! You should NEVER FORGET the Clans' "UrbanMech IIC" in thoughts like these! (No, Really... The I.S. has theirs, and the Clans should get theirs in order to make it actually balanced and fair!) :angry:

View PostEurystheus, on 12 May 2021 - 03:46 PM, said:

UAV is tough for me too. I spot the UAV, aim at the UAV, and right before I pull the trigger someone else shoots it down.

View PostC337Skymaster, on 12 May 2021 - 03:52 PM, said:

PPCs are your friend in that regard.

Not always... Be ready to try any of the following...
  • Gauss (the Light or Standard kinds only, Heavy is not so good for handling this)
  • AutoCannons (preferably Standard types, not the UAC/LBX/RAC kinds for this task)
  • Lasers (small numbers of Clan Heavy, or any-tech pairs of ERLLs, or I.S. LLs, or any-tech pairs of LPLs, or even varying any-tech bundles of ERMLs should work best here)
  • Streak SRMs & Active Probe (this method will need some extra effort, and may become useless if Streaks take any further undue/unhelpful/unfun changes... You may even need JumpJets to make it work right)
  • PPCs (except the Snub-Nose kind, as those are too short-ranged to work right... only making this note because while PPCs are not always useful, they still have their place, and therefore what C337Skymaster said is still somewhat valid and definitely useful)
...in order to take any given UAV out of the air. (Enjoy the extra notes, too!) That will give you a lot more ways to try to pull it off, which should increase your overall enjoyment of the MWO game. B)

View PostEurystheus, on 12 May 2021 - 04:27 PM, said:

I have a suggestion I would like to make. On the Team Score screen, which we can access by pushing the TAB key during a match, I'd like to see the mech information of the opponent team filled in as they are identified. So, for example, if someone gets a lock on opponent Alpha, and determines that it is a flea, FLE-20, fill that in on the team score page.

I like the idea, but I think you've possibly posted it in the wrong place. Is there any chance that I could ask you to start a thread about it in the "Feature Suggestions" board @ https://mwomercs.com/forums/forum/35-feature-suggestions/ please, in order to enable people to give Support to your cause? :o

...and now here I scram once more... Dangit... I really need to get back to the battlefields, and resume whacking at this "Leader of the Pack" Mech Prize Event in really short order!!! :unsure:

~D. V. "currently farther behind the "Wolf Pack" in 2021 than they should be on an Event like this" Devnull

[Quick Edit by the Post Author for some dumb formatting mistakes... They wish that their calculations were better than they are...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 13 May 2021 - 01:13 AM.

#102 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 May 2021 - 03:10 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 13 May 2021 - 01:10 AM, said:

View PostEurystheus, on 12 May 2021 - 03:46 PM, said:

UAV is tough for me too. I spot the UAV, aim at the UAV, and right before I pull the trigger someone else shoots it down.

Not always... Be ready to try any of the following...
  • Gauss (the Light or Standard kinds only, Heavy is not so good for handling this)
  • AutoCannons (preferably Standard types, not the UAC/LBX/RAC kinds for this task)
  • Lasers (small numbers of Clan Heavy, or any-tech pairs of ERLLs, or I.S. LLs, or any-tech pairs of LPLs, or even varying any-tech bundles of ERMLs should work best here)
  • Streak SRMs & Active Probe (this method will need some extra effort, and may become useless if Streaks take any further undue/unhelpful/unfun changes... You may even need JumpJets to make it work right)
  • PPCs (except the Snub-Nose kind, as those are too short-ranged to work right... only making this note because while PPCs are not always useful, they still have their place, and therefore what C337Skymaster said is still somewhat valid and definitely useful)
...in order to take any given UAV out of the air. (Enjoy the extra notes, too!) That will give you a lot more ways to try to pull it off, which should increase your overall enjoyment of the MWO game. Posted Image

So the short version of it is: UAV's have 10 health. You need to deal 10 damage to kill them.

Getting into the weeds: Streak SRM6's USED to deal 12 damage, but now they only deal 9, and are frequently subject to AMS on their way up. IS ERLL deals 9, while cERLL deals 11. PPCs (okay, I forgot about Snubs, and Lights, for that matter) typically do at least 10 dmg at a semi-decent range, and they front-load it, so if you hit, you get the kill. With lasers, if someone else deals a little extra damage while your lasers are still burning, they might get credited for the kill.

Gauss is okay, because the projectile follows a non-ballistic trajectory, but Autocannon rounds arc with a ballistic flight path, so anything that needs to converge on the UAV is going to use up a lot of rounds trying to take it down, basically leaving you with the AC/10 as an option (more range than AC/20, but enough damage to one-shot the UAV).

#103 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 03:40 AM

It is good how other topics arise when we are just commenting on our opinion about the event or its particular challenges. More ideas to go over at general discussion forum and talk or discuss those.

Anyway I had a rough start at the beginning of the event, but somehow it has changed. Kind of enjoying the playtime through the day, if any.

The event is well constructed as again, almost all players only need to concentrate on what weapons they have to put into a mech to achieve the damage or match score. If most people are ok with more Mechathlons, for now I see no problem with those. The rewards are good.

Also, in this case. if the community is not satisfied with the future changes for the one of the classic Icons of MW, the Timberwolf aka MADCAT, then I guess I will just store it and keep it just for occasional gaming. Some others might probably just sell it. Years ago, The mech used to be a fine standard to any kind of player, good, bad, experienced or inexperienced, I think that is one of the reasons they nerfed it so long ago. Too many people were using the mech and certain builds, because back then it was almost OP.

But shhh, we have now other OP builds and mechs, so don't tell anyone because those weapons and mechs might get yet ANOTHER annoying nerf ! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Alan Hicks, 13 May 2021 - 05:36 AM.

#104 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 13 May 2021 - 05:19 AM

Meanwhile... I did a nice progress.

HOWL AT THE MOON

- Earn 5000 Damage with Missile Weapons 1506 / 5000

Shooting down UAV was very easy for me, when I had PPC's on arms and nobody (ironically) didn't cared about being visible to the enemy.

Still, I need to consider doing some missile massacre against pesky lights.

WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING

- Earn a Match Score of 150 or greater 25 times 18 / 25
- Earn 5000 Damage with Ballistic Weapons 2573 / 5000

Just realized that after getting good amount of experience in operating guns, and starting to learn more and more about situational awareness, my usual matchscore raised from 40 to 260, while dealing 300-400 dmg/match.

And by irony, using NSR-9S with 2xSNPPC and 2xAC/20, I've scored higher Ballistic dmg than Energy one Posted Image

THE ALPHA WOLF

- Earn 50 Kills or KMDD Rewards 27 / 50
- Accumulate 10000 Match Score 4799 / 10000
- Earn 5000 Damage with Energy Weapons 2341 / 5000

I still need to focus on cored components, so far I'm going with intuition to get trying to finish off the enemies.
So, the progress is steady, so perhaps around 20th May will get the TBR-C(C) Posted Image

Edited by Ch_R0me, 13 May 2021 - 05:21 AM.

#105 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 06:12 AM

View PostCh_R0me, on 13 May 2021 - 05:19 AM, said:

So, the progress is steady, so perhaps around 20th May will get the TBR-C(C) Posted Image

That is more than sufficient time reserve.

#106 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 13 May 2021 - 08:51 AM

For me, the biggest slowdown was energy 5000.
My mains are Balistic, so that was in no time, for missiles I construct MRM120 beast, so again very quick.
But lasors ? Not my thing....

#107 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 May 2021 - 09:08 AM

View PostSpeedy Plysitkos, on 13 May 2021 - 08:51 AM, said:

For me, the biggest slowdown was energy 5000.
My mains are Balistic, so that was in no time, for missiles I construct MRM120 beast, so again very quick.
But lasors ? Not my thing....

PPCs work, too.... :)

#108 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 09:52 AM

View Postmartian, on 13 May 2021 - 06:12 AM, said:

That is more than sufficient time reserve.

View Postmartian, on 11 May 2021 - 01:28 AM, said:

Try SRMs and MRMs, especially in greater numbers.

View Postw0qj, on 11 May 2021 - 10:00 PM, said:

Try MAD-4HP Marauder II 100ton LRM boat.

IS LRM100, can even punch through COR-7A triple-AMS protection.
Lots of sandblasting damage!

Just tried Artemis-LRM90 on this same mech, and actually started killing a few enemies too (does slightly less damage, but you actually start to get some kills).

Decided to go on SRM way... Just only shame that we've lost. Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My wreckage was in first picture, on the left. CP-10-Q, 7xSRM-6 and ERML as a backup weapon.
Got outta ammo before being stomped.

#109 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 10:08 AM

View PostCh_R0me, on 13 May 2021 - 09:52 AM, said:

Decided to go on SRM way... Just only shame that we've lost. Posted Image

Maybe your team lost, but it was definitely not your fault.

Good work!

#110 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 11:11 AM

I got mine two days ago and I gotta say, the color choices, decals and skin for the Timer Wolf looks pretty good.
Posted Image

#111 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 11:49 AM

View PostCh_R0me, on 13 May 2021 - 05:19 AM, said:

WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING

- Earn 5000 Damage with Ballistic Weapons 2573 / 5000

Just realized that after getting good amount of experience in operating guns, and starting to learn more and more about situational awareness, my usual matchscore raised from 40 to 260, while dealing 300-400 dmg/match.

And by irony, using NSR-9S with 2xSNPPC and 2xAC/20, I've scored higher Ballistic dmg than Energy one Posted Image

If you have one or can buy one : KGC-000 with 6x AC/2 and LFE Engine and even one AMS = CARNAGE!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Same goes for the Dire Wolf UltraViolet build with 8x AC/2 Posted Image Posted Image

#112 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 13 May 2021 - 12:35 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My first ever (C) mech.
Thx.

Edited by Speedy Plysitkos, 13 May 2021 - 01:13 PM.

#113 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 May 2021 - 02:10 PM

View PostCh_R0me, on 13 May 2021 - 09:52 AM, said:

View PostRoodkapje, on 13 May 2021 - 11:49 AM, said:

If you have one or can buy one : KGC-000 with 6x AC/2 and LFE Engine and even one AMS = CARNAGE!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Same goes for the Dire Wolf UltraViolet build with 8x AC/2 Posted Image Posted Image

If you can't afford the MC, a regular DWF-B with 6x U/AC/5's, or 3x UAC/5, 2xUAC/10 will also serve you well.

Heck, if you have enough mouse buttons for it, you can just run the stock DWF-B. That thing dishes out damage like nobody's business. Just make sure the PPCs are on chain fire. :)

#114 Radakash

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 05:06 PM

Thanks for those images, they inspire people to get that Timberwolf

Just starting the event...

#115 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 May 2021 - 06:37 PM

Stupid question: if you already have a TBR-C(C), do you still get the mech reward i.e. a second TBR-C(C)?

EDIT: I can answer my own question. You do. :)

Edited by Ano, 13 May 2021 - 06:50 PM.

#116 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 10:20 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 13 May 2021 - 11:49 AM, said:

View PostC337Skymaster, on 13 May 2021 - 02:10 PM, said:

If you can't afford the MC, a regular DWF-B with 6x U/AC/5's, or 3x UAC/5, 2xUAC/10 will also serve you well.

Heck, if you have enough mouse buttons for it, you can just run the stock DWF-B. That thing dishes out damage like nobody's business. Just make sure the PPCs are on chain fire. Posted Image

Gonna consider doing DakkaWolf, but with LBX-2's. Posted Image

Also - the 2xRAC/5 and 1xRAC/2 Victor is effectively good for my needs.

And also, thinking to build the Gauss Turret outta Thanatos to round up things Posted Image

#117 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 12:55 AM

The losing streaks have returned, this game is so uncertain.... Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#118 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 01:29 AM

View PostAlan Hicks, on 14 May 2021 - 12:55 AM, said:

The losing streaks have returned, this game is so uncertain.... Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Do not give up and you will enjoy the wiing streak eventually.

#119 Enamillion89

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 06:17 AM

Keep up the good work guys!! Nice work on the weapon balancing, and equipment overhaul.

You are the ONLY GOOD mech game out there currently. I am looking forward to the next update, and mech recommendation(s). Do you think you will be able to bring us more unique Battlemechs, and weapons?

#120 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 07:18 AM

View PostAlan Hicks, on 14 May 2021 - 12:55 AM, said:

I know that feel bro! Posted Image

Just keep on going and things will turn around eventually... at some point... some day... Posted Image Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users