245 replies to this topic

#101 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,926 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 09:39 AM

View PostClay Endfield, on 15 May 2021 - 09:31 AM, said:

As formerly pledged, if you guys keep supporting the game and the community, I'll keep supporting MWO. Preordered, even though it's a pack of filthy clanner crap.

Actually, the Bounty Hunter is the anathema of the Clan Way.

View PostGhostfox1, on 15 May 2021 - 09:36 AM, said:

Anyone see the quirks anywhere, or are we still waiting on them to get published?

Waiting.

#102 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 May 2021 - 09:43 AM

View PostGhostfox1, on 15 May 2021 - 09:36 AM, said:

Anyone see the quirks anywhere, or are we still waiting on them to get published?

Still waiting. With a July release date, we won't likely see Quirks until the very end of June, or possibly even after the American holiday.

#103 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,926 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 09:57 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 15 May 2021 - 09:43 AM, said:

Still waiting. With a July release date, we won't likely see Quirks until the very end of June, or possibly even after the American holiday.

I heard somewhere that the change of quirks is planned. So it would be pointless to publish the list of quirks for this Madcat now and then change them in a month or two.

#104 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 271 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 09:59 AM

View PostFlanking Boy, on 15 May 2021 - 01:54 AM, said:

Bought it.
I probably never going to play them, only at the event.
but we need to support the game Posted Image

btw Daeron I know you guys are very busy, but where is the Vlogs Posted Image
You missing the second April and probably one of the MAY ones Posted Image Posted Image

please just don't forgot this game, like you (PGI) did the last time you should release MW5, it nearly kill the game.

We will be doing a May Vlog next week. Posted Image

#105 jonomy

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 10:02 AM

Thanks for a chance to get a couple mechs & stuff for modest bucks. I almost never play Clan mechs, but I might try with these recent offerings.

#106 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 10:09 AM

ok I'll pony up for this, because hell it will be great.

Now, an important question.

Where is my Crusader battlemech?

#107 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 May 2021 - 10:24 AM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 15 May 2021 - 09:59 AM, said:

We will be doing a May Vlog next week. Posted Image

Oh, TCOMP on the TBR is a size 4, not a size 3.

#108 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 15 May 2021 - 10:30 AM

View Postshameless, on 15 May 2021 - 10:09 AM, said:

ok I'll pony up for this, because hell it will be great.

Now, an important question.

Where is my Crusader battlemech?
next pack.

View PostKursedVixen, on 15 May 2021 - 10:30 AM, said:

next pack.
warhawk and summoner probably.

though personally i'm still waiting for the arctic wolf II

Edited by KursedVixen, 15 May 2021 - 10:31 AM.

#109 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 11:11 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 15 May 2021 - 09:22 AM, said:

They started the set-of-8 thing to help promote the stock loadouts (with the stock omnipods) while simultaneously trying to balance against min/maxing the quirks to boost a particular build. For example: the EXE-A gets a ghost heat exception for its stock loadout of 3 LPL's. That's built into the set-of-8 to discourage someone from then putting the -E torsos or the -D right arm on it, where you could put those non-ghost-heat LPL's up high, or boat massive amounts of them, or something.

Still I would like to see Omnipods mix-and-match options that actually do something, because some of the mechs could then be built in such a way that at least 1 of the 3 bonusses does something for your mech! Posted Image

But hey... let's fix some bugs first and then talk about this kind of stuff :
- Grim Plexus texture bug.
- KGC-000 Right Arm Ballistic slot that's not inside the claw!

It's been waaaay long overdue really... Posted Image

#110 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 15 May 2021 - 12:16 PM

The art looks like "Initiate enhanced imaging!" from the Battletech cartoon..

#111 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 May 2021 - 12:22 PM

View PostSwagna, on 14 May 2021 - 05:42 PM, said:

Crusader Pack with the Summoner that Nicolai Malthus piloted. Cockpit would be located on the top center instead of the right side of the mech and a YOU DARE REFUSE MY BATCHALL?! warhorn.
REFUSE YOUR WHAT?

View PostKrucilatoz, on 14 May 2021 - 07:47 PM, said:

Edit: too bad ECM on right-torso, cant make symmetric laser-build with jump-jets
But you can make 7-8 energy hardpoints + ECM using the pods :)

#112 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 15 May 2021 - 01:02 PM

For me, the camo is the best part, something that might've been nice as a generic camo option.
I don't like either of these chassis, so hard pass from me.

#113 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 15 May 2021 - 01:08 PM

OK, I haven't read the whole thread, but I gotta ask..

Does the Elemental bolt-on mean that you guys are working on Elementals for MW5's upcoming DLC?

I know it's going to feature "infantry"... does that mean Elementals?

#114 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 May 2021 - 01:18 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 15 May 2021 - 12:56 PM, said:

welp, I guess the longer I look at it and considering the mobility changes, I'll probably end up buying the pack. I can't deny that the camo grows on me a lot and I am already thinking about what colors to try.
Also I need to get to 10 Timberwolfs somehow.

Don't you mean 13? Between this event and the pack, I'm gonna have 13 TBR's by July. :) (Hmmm. that number... I'll be needing an extra TBR, just so it's not that number).

View PostVellron2005, on 15 May 2021 - 12:16 PM, said:

The art looks like "Initiate enhanced imaging!" from the Battletech cartoon..

That's exactly what it's supposed to look like. :)

#115 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 May 2021 - 01:45 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 15 May 2021 - 01:08 PM, said:

OK, I haven't read the whole thread, but I gotta ask..

Does the Elemental bolt-on mean that you guys are working on Elementals for MW5's upcoming DLC?

I know it's going to feature "infantry"... does that mean Elementals?

As cool as that would be, that would require the DLC to advance the MW5 timeline up through the Clan Invasion, which would be serious hype, would sell them lots of copies, and which they haven't said jack-squat about, so I doubt it. It would also make a really good jumping off point for MW6, if they decide to get that ambitious... (I really hope, if they do that, that they hire a dedicated story-writing TEAM, and give us a decent campaign).

#116 Ronbo

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 48 posts
  • LocationWashtington state

Posted 15 May 2021 - 02:00 PM

MechDB has basic option to build both of these versions in database.

#117 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 02:17 PM

I'm just gonna get this out of my chest, but if anyone complains about a "Warden Booster Pack Event" thread down the road and how PGI is playing favoritism or "politics" towards the buyers, then let it be known that they are a huge moron that needs to shut up. Because it's not being forced down their throat, they don't have to buy it if they don't want to and it is PGI's way of giving back and saying "thank you for supporting us". If a person has legitimate reasons not to buy due to things like lack of disposable income, too many variants of the same chassis, a design flaw, waiting for cbills or personal taste then that's fine. But when it's done out of spite, malice towards Daeron and Matt, sheer ignorance or entitlement issues, just to run their mouths on a mech pack event thread, then that shows what type of a fool they are. There lots of legit things to complain about in MWO and a mechpack event is not one of them.

Short Version: It's ok to be frustrated and angry and not want to buy packs from PGI, but discuss it in a civil, respectful manner like, "I'm frustrated PGI didn't do this or that, and it needs to change." But don't be an *** hole about it going in with an attitude such as, " F you Matt, F you Daeron for supporting this! I hope you get fired, clowns! You better do things my way or it's the highway!" People with negative tones like that are those who I don't respect.

Edited by Will9761, 17 May 2021 - 11:24 AM.

#118 Drake67

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 156 posts
  • LocationEnterprise MS

Posted 15 May 2021 - 02:28 PM

Please announce if the coinciding event requires both variants well ahead of the content drop. It is my normal SOP to sell copies of a mech. Especially if there is a special variant. It would be nice to have all preorder extra cockpit items to have a 5% percent cbill bonus. A warhorn with a cbill bonus would be awesome.

#119 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 02:29 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 15 May 2021 - 06:14 AM, said:

Also good that various Variants of the Dire Wolf provide some OmniPods for those Ballistic-crazed nuts out there. That essentially takes care of any real arguments against the DWF-C because people can get their Jump Jets & ECM put together with Ballistics too. Posted Image

~D. V. "Both the DWF & TBR are covered for Ballistics with JJ & ECM Equips present" Devnull

was mostly thinking about the timbie. 8x ballistic boats now carrying ecm are going to be evil. timbie never had any good ballistic options.

#120 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 May 2021 - 02:47 PM

View PostSawk, on 14 May 2021 - 04:01 PM, said:

WOW some one remembers NETMECH, ok i ran a mech like that, but LRM 15s and no MGs or small laser, but sadly in Mech Online---- your better off with the large lasers and 3 med lasers and your skill in jump jetting, on the timber.
and then hunting lights, providing you have a high speed computer and are a good shoot, if only we could use a joystick, in this game---- the 3 weapon system would rock, but sadly its does not work

Sawk

It was Good times back then on Netmech with MW2 I was a beta tester for FASA and was one of the first 1000 players to play MW2 on Netmech and the new StarLance league. Then we branched out to KALI and TEN.NET to play the very first Mechwarrior Faction league it was called BTU=(Battle Tech Universe) which MWO has used some software and components from BTU in there own Faction play .

As for the new mech pack I will buy it on on condition PGI please go back over all the mechs and put more armor on them all the game is almost becoming 1 shot one kill gameplay which i have detested since Mektek server days and NHUA gameplay.

My favorite mech for stock faction play in NBT and MWL was the Madcat D totally awesome.

Edited by KingCobra, 15 May 2021 - 02:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users