Mw5 Launch Day Post

104 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 02:12 PM

Greetings Mercenaries!

Head over to Mw5mercs.com to get the latest intel for launch!

#2 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 26 May 2021 - 02:28 PM

Great, so I have to wait until 10 am Melbourne Auz Time... :(

#3 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 02:32 PM

GL with the launch :)

#4 ForQAll

• Pip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 02:52 PM

Patch notes by chance? The product page shows some stuff but for somebody who has already played it what are some in depth QoL changes that you have made?

#5 Krovakon

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 02:57 PM

As part of our Free Year One Update, we have had infantry present in the game for quite some time. After careful consideration, we decided to keep this feature as a Mod instead of a Feature. While infantry added ambient life it didn't reach our intended goals. You can expect this Mod to be available shortly after launch.

So you guys are removing infantry from the main title and adding it as a mod sometime after release? That's extremely abrupt with only a notification a few hours before release despite marketing it as a main feature for nearly half a year. Also you can't join on your Steam friends but you can join your friends on every other platform and storefront? That's going to cause a massive amount of issues on release.

#6 13Tradesman

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 03:31 PM

Lack of clarity with the COOP announcement...keep it simple and answer this clearly: is it friends list only or will there be a dedicated lobby for all active players to play with each other across platforms?

"As part of our Free Year One Update, we have had infantry present in the game for quite some time." That is an odd thing to say seeing as regular players have not had a chance to try this 'feature' at all.

MOD support: Sounds good in theory only problem is that this assumes that modders have not moved on to other things in their lives...it has been a long wait...but you knew that already right?

#7 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 26 May 2021 - 04:10 PM

Not that I have any friends that play MWO or would play MW5 (nor will I recommend it to them unless MW5 blows me out of the water, and from what iv heard that is pretty unlikely) but getting the steam co-op up and running asap seems like a pretty big deal. I am pleased there is at least the implication of mod-support for the game, would be pretty spiffy to see combined arms support for the game - put your friends in tanks,vtols, hoverturds whatever would be pretty fun.

#8 Tacoman45

Rookie

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 04:11 PM

So according to the Launch Day Post, infantry are not included and will be added in later as a mod. Will this be supported on the Steam Workshop shortly after launch as it says?

Update: It's not what's expected, but yes, it's on Steam. It gives my machineguns and s-las something to do >:)

Edited by Tacoman45, 18 August 2021 - 03:26 PM.

#9 ParaOrdnance

• PipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 04:34 PM

I tried to add MW5 to my wishlist and then post on the forum but it is locked out. what gives?

#10 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 26 May 2021 - 04:39 PM

It ended.

~Leone.

#11 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 26 May 2021 - 04:49 PM

Need more details devs. Also, yes I JUST started up the game. Under the MOD menu tab, theres a window that shows that Steam Workshop is intervowen with the game. I feared that part the most that it wasnt included. So thats a worry begone.

Now I hope Navid brings his awesome mods to steam workshop! Because you, Navid have put so much effort and work into it that it deserves more attention.

Its 2: 48 here in Norway, I must sleep... will be a looong day at work tomorrow..

Also for anyone else thats a hybrid gamer like me.

On Xbox One or series S / X.

To find the game

Go to the STORE -> search specifically for Mech Warrior 5 Mercenaries and it will pop up to be brought.

HOWEVER the DLC dosent seem to be avaiable for purchase/ download... yet

Good night!

#12 ForQAll

• Pip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 04:54 PM

Im at work but I've been watching NgNG livestream and from what I'm seeing this is a pretty big overhaul.

A plethora of QoL updates. You guys have seemed to make a good game out of this from what I'm viewing. If anything it looks well set up to be a good moneymaker for dlc and add-ons.

#13 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 26 May 2021 - 04:58 PM

Upgraded, ready to rumble!

#14 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 26 May 2021 - 05:02 PM

BTW: Just to settle things, water the lawn before slat and flame comes.

Regarding the whole PGI swallowed Epic games money and we who preordered back then + those who eagerly waited for the steam release last year. Got massivly disappointed, kinda felt betrayed.

Well heres a clarifying video by Phil form NGNG. If somone want to spit bile on MW5 now, instead of eating their spite. Check out the youtube video below.

http://

I was pretty pissed at pgi for how it went with EGS and that we who wanted a steam, gog even xbox release for SO long, until now to play it. But I understand the whole business ordeal and the fear of losing the liscence from M$oft. Thats why they had to grab the Epics money and launch it there first, and also why they are under the wings of the swedish EG7? publisher now.
Not the right look throuhg a fans eyes, again from a business perspective it was direly needed fo this spring release etc.

Anyway.

Now I can FINALLY enjoy MW5! Been so FRIGGING long since a mainline MW game...

Edited by Tordin, 26 May 2021 - 05:03 PM.

#15 Lance McRaven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMentor, Ohio

Posted 26 May 2021 - 05:11 PM

So, I have been playing Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries since it came out on Epic. Tonight, I went to load it, and it said it was running an update and would start following it. After the update it keeps telling me it can't load, needs Microsoft Visual C and runtime. HELP!!!!!

#16 M e c h a l l i c A

Rookie

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 05:11 PM

View PostParaOrdnance, on 26 May 2021 - 04:34 PM, said:

I tried to add MW5 to my wishlist and then post on the forum but it is locked out. what gives?

Yep same here, its still the 26th here they ended it early if you live west coast USA-I am NOW Removing it from my Wishlist, and will also unfollow! Posted Image

Edited by M e c h a l l i c A, 26 May 2021 - 05:12 PM.

#17 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 05:36 PM

i got the dlc on egs, but it wont let me install it. not showing up in my library.

#18 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 05:42 PM

I have no idea what 'Native Friends List Co-op System' is.

I see Windows offered one set of incentives BUT still has full price for game and DLC.

GOG offers a different incentive.

Steam gives you nothing.

#19 13Tradesman

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 07:00 PM

So far not happy with some of the changes to the base MW5 game...the torso twist on mechs is now slower.

-Running a 6700 XT I am now getting visual artifacts (weird grid/tile shadows appear intermittently during gameplay) these were not present before. Tried verifying install on epic...no improvement...sigh...will have to reinstall the whole thing and see if the problem persists.

-Lots of pop-in models that were not in the game before...don't tell me...was this was to optimize for xbox? Really not good right now!

-Unnecessary flash each time you select a mech...can you guys not try to hurt people's eyes for a change? It was fine before, why change that?!

-Hero Highlander now is missing textures.

Grainy appearance now even with TXAA/max anti aliasing...more jaggies overall too...you have to get really close for them to go away.

Edited by 13Tradesman, 26 May 2021 - 07:01 PM.

#20 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 26 May 2021 - 07:06 PM

View PostTordin, on 26 May 2021 - 05:02 PM, said:

BTW: Just to settle things, water the lawn before slat and flame comes.

Regarding the whole PGI swallowed Epic games money and we who preordered back then + those who eagerly waited for the steam release last year. Got massivly disappointed, kinda felt betrayed.

Well heres a clarifying video by Phil form NGNG. If somone want to spit bile on MW5 now, instead of eating their spite. Check out the youtube video below.

PGI had a snowball of bad karma built up 'way' before then, it was just easy for a Epic Pig to break the camel's back, MW5's survival will depend heavily on gameplay and feature support - these boys ran out of good will years ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users