27 replies to this topic

#21 Perigard Z

• Pip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 03:25 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 31 May 2021 - 09:17 PM, said:

the fix does not work retroactively. you have to load or import a from save before the cold storage was lost. if you started a new career off of a save before the fix, and lost your cold storage, you cant get it back in that save. but the patch was rolled out pretty quick so you will lose at most a day's progress.

I loaded my oldest auto save and the cold storage is still gone. The save was from before the patch because I have not played since the patch. Not sure if I am understanding correctly, not sure what to do.

#22 Perigard Z

• Pip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 03:29 AM

I also tried loading a save that is months old from a first playthrough. No cold storage in that one either

#23 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 10:42 AM

you did make sure to update again? there was a ghost patch on the day after release. pgi didnt make a big deal about it or even mention it.

#24 Perigard Z

• Pip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 12:09 PM

On game pass the game updates automatically. For example I did not update the game when it ate my cold storage. But I did check just to be sure through the microsoft store and hit "get updates". Everything was updated and mechwarrior 5 was listed. Did pgi get the update to game pass?

#25 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 02:16 PM

pgi finally put this on their main page. seems the patch was only applied to the epic version of the game, the other platforms are still waiting for the patch to roll out.

#26 Perigard Z

• Pip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 07:19 AM

Thanks for letting me know. It looks like my mechs are back. It's a shame PGI can't communicate better so we know what's going on.

#27 Bashars

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 08:31 PM

On the day of the first update I was also missing my cold storage mechs. But as list above in a link they made a hot patch for it and they are there now. BUT.... today I bought the DLC. The problem I have now is if I start a New Career and select to use my saved data, all my stuff transfers over but my cold storage. So I just had to stick the top mechs I wanted to use in the active bay area and used that save file to start my Career, guess its better then nothing.

UPDATE ::::: After messing around I found that if I use a saved file before the big update patch to import my data to the New Career mode it wont show any mechs in cold storage. But if I first load the file I want to use and just save it to a new slot. Then select that file when importing my data into the New Career mode they all show up in cold storage.

Edited by Bashars, 02 June 2021 - 10:27 PM.

#28 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 05:23 PM

View PostBashars, on 02 June 2021 - 08:31 PM, said:

On the day of the first update I was also missing my cold storage mechs. But as list above in a link they made a hot patch for it and they are there now. BUT.... today I bought the DLC. The problem I have now is if I start a New Career and select to use my saved data, all my stuff transfers over but my cold storage. So I just had to stick the top mechs I wanted to use in the active bay area and used that save file to start my Career, guess its better then nothing.

UPDATE ::::: After messing around I found that if I use a saved file before the big update patch to import my data to the New Career mode it wont show any mechs in cold storage. But if I first load the file I want to use and just save it to a new slot. Then select that file when importing my data into the New Career mode they all show up in cold storage.

Thanks for your suggestion.
If I attempt to do what you did, this is what I understand:
1. Do a save with all mechs in cold storage prior to installing DLC.
2. Install the 'Heroes' DLC addon.
3. Start a New Career in 'Heroes' and import the previous save. (This is where the cold storage should be missing)
4. Do a new save in a new slot after importing the previous data even though the cold storage is empty.
5. Load the 'new save' (not the original one), the cold storage will be repopulated?????

I would appreciate your confirmation of these steps, or a correction if I misinterpreted your instruction.
Peace

Edited by Peace2U, 07 June 2021 - 05:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users