Crash On Startup After Enabling Mods.

8 replies to this topic

#1 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,184 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 27 May 2021 - 11:04 AM

So i tried the phelan clan weapons mod, but now everytime i start the game with the mod in the mods folder the game says it crashes, how do I fix this?

#2 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 27 May 2021 - 11:07 AM

Have you tried taking the mod out of the mod folder?

~Leone.

#3 Wolfos31

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 11:11 AM

The game update breaks all mods. Mods won't work until (if) the mod makers update their mods to work with the new version of MW5.

#4 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,184 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 27 May 2021 - 11:13 AM

View PostLeone, on 27 May 2021 - 11:07 AM, said:

Have you tried taking the mod out of the mod folder?

~Leone.

View PostKursedVixen, on 27 May 2021 - 11:13 AM, said:

Now every time i start the game with the mod in the mods folder the game says it crashes, how do I fix this?

View PostWolfos31, on 27 May 2021 - 11:11 AM, said:

The game update breaks all mods. Mods won't work until (if) the mod makers update their mods to work with the new version of MW5.
greaaat thanks PGI....

Edited by KursedVixen, 27 May 2021 - 11:19 AM.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,930 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 06:29 PM

the mods will have to be updated for the new patch. thats pretty standard for games with mods. its on the mod authors right now, unless they are waiting on some dependency or an editor update or something.

Edited by LordNothing, 27 May 2021 - 06:31 PM.

#6 DaRkInLiGhT

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 75 posts
  • LocationTacoma/Seattle WA

Posted 03 June 2021 - 05:29 PM

navida1, one of the more prominent modders on the nexus threw in the towel, so no more long toms along with other extravagant weapons we always wanted, and additional mech varients or the like for quite awhile. you would think with how much work pgi put in to implement modding support they would trade some conversation with modders for compatibility sake.

every single mod on the nexus to my knowledge at least is no longer compatible. broke my game so bad had to reinstall, game saves were also wrecked.

...thanks pgi.

Edited by DaRkInLiGhT, 03 June 2021 - 05:32 PM.

#7 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,930 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 05:54 PM

View PostDaRkInLiGhT, on 03 June 2021 - 05:29 PM, said:

navida1, one of the more prominent modders on the nexus threw in the towel, so no more long toms along with other extravagant weapons we always wanted, and additional mech varients or the like for quite awhile. you would think with how much work pgi put in to implement modding support they would trade some conversation with modders for compatibility sake.

every single mod on the nexus to my knowledge at least is no longer compatible. broke my game so bad had to reinstall, game saves were also wrecked.

...thanks pgi.

judging by the mods that have come out, i dont really think the game was as moddable as pgi claims. didnt see any new mechs, any maps, or modes, mostly just weapons or loadout mods. this indicates to me that the mod support is extremely limited, with too many hard coded things and no way to do very basic things.

i never tried my hand at modding this game, mostly because of the drive space requirements (you need to decompress all the paks or something and it would more than double the game's already huge footprint). my new build is going to have 3tb of space so it might be possible then, i already have the ssd. just waiting on a mobo, some ram, and a psu.

Edited by LordNothing, 03 June 2021 - 06:01 PM.

#8 DaRkInLiGhT

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 75 posts
  • LocationTacoma/Seattle WA

Posted 04 June 2021 - 01:41 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 03 June 2021 - 05:54 PM, said:

judging by the mods that have come out, i dont really think the game was as moddable as pgi claims. didnt see any new mechs, any maps, or modes, mostly just weapons or loadout mods. this indicates to me that the mod support is extremely limited, with too many hard coded things and no way to do very basic things.

i never tried my hand at modding this game, mostly because of the drive space requirements (you need to decompress all the paks or something and it would more than double the game's already huge footprint). my new build is going to have 3tb of space so it might be possible then, i already have the ssd. just waiting on a mobo, some ram, and a psu.

we did have some mods that made it considerably more challanging, such as having to buy ammo to resupply, smarter AI that didn't suck as much, weapons galore, even got a new mech in game (lineholder), the potential definitely was there my dude, theres a lot to do on mw5 me thinks. but I digress.

#9 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,930 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 04:30 PM

View PostDaRkInLiGhT, on 04 June 2021 - 01:41 PM, said:

we did have some mods that made it considerably more challanging, such as having to buy ammo to resupply, smarter AI that didn't suck as much, weapons galore, even got a new mech in game (lineholder), the potential definitely was there my dude, theres a lot to do on mw5 me thinks. but I digress.

didnt see the new mech. thought if i added any it would be the arbiter, a useless hardmode periphery mech with a heavy rifle and not much else. industrial armor and a fuel cell instead of an engine (no bloody std, no bloody lfe, no bloody xl). now that we have rifles it makes sense. but yea that involves learning a new engine. never modded on ue before (unity, various quake engines, freespace of course, various older games with their own in-house engines).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users