Career Vs. Campaign

4 replies to this topic

#1 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 27 May 2021 - 03:51 PM

Ok, so I gotta ask.. what exactly is different, other than getting your sad daddy issues story,different starting location and 4 mechs instead of 1?

Do you get to play the campaign missions if you choose career?

I didin't get those first missions at all..

Also.. do we not land in the dropship and walk out of it anymore?

#2 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 06:09 PM

So Campaign is a sandbox.

You can take your Career game and import your stats/gear/cash into Career and just play in the sandbox without the campaign.

So you can start a career game as a merc in any faction and have different mechs to start. You start with 4 pilots and 4 mechs based on the faction. It also rebalances all the conflict zones. There's 60+ warzones now and about 50 different mission types.

Some missions you're being dropped behind enemy lines, some you are not. Given that the Dropship brings a metric ton of fire support (it shoots, effectively, with the weaponry a Leopard dropship carries and it's crazy) it can be a game changer.

A *big* change is the Cantina jobs. Unique rewards that let you upgrade mechs in new ways. Plus new weapons and gear.

Unfortunately still no Roughneck. I *need* that mech in MW5.

NEED
IT

#3 BOWMANGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 12:02 AM

I'm confused. Can someone explain in detail EXACTLY what changes between playing the campaign vs playing the Career mode?

If I start a Career, would I be able to play the campaign missions or are they disabled. I haven't played the game much before and I know that campaign sucks apparently, so I want to start in Career mode but I fear I'll miss out on all scripted missions of the campaign.

Can anyone clarify this please?

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,791 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 12:24 AM

View PostBOWMANGR, on 28 May 2021 - 12:02 AM, said:

I'm confused. Can someone explain in detail EXACTLY what changes between playing the campaign vs playing the Career mode?

If I start a Career, would I be able to play the campaign missions or are they disabled. I haven't played the game much before and I know that campaign sucks apparently, so I want to start in Career mode but I fear I'll miss out on all scripted missions of the campaign.

Can anyone clarify this please?

you dont get the 5 or 6 scripted campaign missions spread throught thousands of procedurally generated missions.

#5 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:49 PM

Centurion starting mech. Also Javelin and soon a Jenner. In retrospect I would do campaign mode till you get a good lance then try the switch to career mode. At least you would have that Centurion. A very hard to hit mech with good medium mech weapons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users