How To Fix Modded Installs Crashing The Game After Patch

No replies to this topic

#1 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,791 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 08:05 PM

this is sort of a cross post, but i figure it would be better to have a thread about a solution than a problem.

should point out this is just to get the game running. mods will have to be removed until they can be updated by their respective authors.

i was able to get a modded install working (all be it without mods) by doing this:

optional: backup your saves (patch seemed to break them mods or not).

update and verify game.
disable all mods in epic launcher.
delete these folders:

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\MW5Mercs\MW5Mercs\Mods
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\MW5Mercs\MW5Mercs\EpicMods

if you manually installed mods to other folders, be sure you get rid of those as well (i only installed mods through the launcher so i didn't have to do this).

verify the install again.

after that the game should run.

saves were a little broke with mechs and weapons missing, and there is that cold storage bug which i think has nothing to do with mods. i was able to use an old save to start a campaign, all be it i lost a bunch of mechs and equipment in the import. you will probibly have to wait till the mods get updated before you can use them again.
cold storage bug seems to have been fixed as of last patch, just be sure to re-import a known good save into a new career. wont work for saves created before the fix.

goes without saying that this is for epic users with existing installs/saves only. they should be the only ones with this problem right now anyway.

Edited by LordNothing, 31 May 2021 - 11:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users