26 replies to this topic

#21 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 31 May 2021 - 05:51 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 31 May 2021 - 05:09 AM, said:

Usually when someone says 'shoot something' they really mean 'go be my meatshield so I can safely shoot something'.

Don't like it, give a incentive to have a high damage taken, other than the grim satisfaction of knowing how much time and alphas you made the enemy team waste on you - which in turn let the big mouth MK2 rack up 900dmg and get paid well for it.

Sounds like a growing North America tactic in many games.

#22 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 31 May 2021 - 07:10 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 31 May 2021 - 05:09 AM, said:

Usually when someone says 'shoot something' they really mean 'go be my meatshield so I can safely shoot something'.

The MWO battlefield has become much more deadly with the Cauldron patches.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#23 KaptinOrk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 06:14 AM

I don't know why, but MWO seems to attract a disproportionately large number of passive, timid and dare I say cowardly players. I can't count how many games I've lost because half my team simply refuses to engage or because they abandon a good position at the first sight of an enemy assault waddling around the corner or because they would rather run around aimlessly while enemies get free back armor shots on them.

I'm not a particularly fantastic player, but come on team, it's a shooter, ******* shoot them.

Edited by KaptinOrk, 01 June 2021 - 06:15 AM.

#24 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 06:50 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 31 May 2021 - 07:44 PM, said:

I see this often from players who were impatient, faced the enemy alone, lost all their trades, are cherry red now and want to continue shooting and now urge their team mates to be their meat shield and when they die they complain about their team mates being stupid.

yeah, there's that.
there's also people who have been shooting AND killing the enemy for 4+ minutes now; and they just don't like the fact that 10+ red mechs aim at them, while 10+ blues are still at 100% and are not shooting anything.
yes, there ARE impatient people in this game that yolo every.single.match.
then again, those of us who play aggressive and try to "lead by example" would like to see the rest of the team participate.
I'm sure you can sympathise Posted Image

it's just WRONG that I end a match with 1100+ damage, when my alpha is 39, and plenty of 'still alive' assault mechS end the same match with less than 100/200.
shooting reds kills reds, thus wins games. not shooting them... well. and yes, QP is THAT simple Posted Image

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 01 June 2021 - 06:53 AM.

#25 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 228 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 08:15 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 30 May 2021 - 05:31 AM, said:

Not usually the case but sometimes the tactic might really be not to shoot. If you are in a light mech and you're behind the enemy line and locking targets, for instance. But that's about the only case I can think of.

I have a Spider 5-V that's useless in most games. If it's Skirmish or one one of the small maps then I just hang with the other mechs, shoot occasionally and mostly die.

BUT in any sort of capture game with a long map it becomes a star. The 5-V has a capture quirk and combined with the capture assist skills it can take a base twice as fast as any other mech with a bonus of 100%. It has a speed of 148. It has LAMS, 6JJ and one ERLL.

So the plan is to hide until the teams make first contact then run to the other end. Occasionally you can backstab a slow Assault at the back of the pack. But the goal is to take the other base, or kill the base in Incursion, or outrun the other team to capture the points.

#26 Brom96

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 11:53 AM

View PostKaptinOrk, on 01 June 2021 - 06:14 AM, said:

I don't know why, but MWO seems to attract a disproportionately large number of passive, timid and dare I say cowardly players. I can't count how many games I've lost because half my team simply refuses to engage or because they abandon a good position at the first sight of an enemy assault waddling around the corner or because they would rather run around aimlessly while enemies get free back armor shots on them.

I'm not a particularly fantastic player, but come on team, it's a shooter, ******* shoot them.

I understand you. My usual tactics in this case, after taking trade in my medium mech, is to run back and make point of staying behind the heavy/assault line if possible. In my personal experience, such games always result in loss. Also, going on top in HPG? sure, if our assaults head to top too. If not, hen I am flanking and you try to keep up.

#27 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 07:23 PM

View PostKaptinOrk, on 01 June 2021 - 06:14 AM, said:

MWO is not unique here. Across different games spanning different genres, I have seen players that are far too passive.

Yes its a shooter, but they are also afraid to get shot at.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users