1/3 Servers Online... Disconnect And Then Punishment

5 replies to this topic

#1 swordburden

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 May 2021 - 10:48 AM

Get this. ROFL....It's too funny. I'm on fiber network I don't get lag. But.. I click quick play as usual and now it loads to map then disconnects. Then when I try to join again it tells me I have been temp banned for leaving prematurely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. I am swearing right now. I am. Is this encouragement not to play mechwarrior anymore?

Edited by swordburden, 31 May 2021 - 10:48 AM.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 31 May 2021 - 10:27 PM

• Welcome back, Mechwarrior.
  • Having a fiber network doesn't prevent you from losing the connection to the servers. Depending on where you are located, your signal may pass several network nodes and somewhere along the route, there may be issues.
  • You get a penalty for leaving a match prematurely (read: before you are destroyed). The client can not distinguish why the connection is lost, whether it's node #5 along the path faulting, or you ripping out your LAN cable. It sucks to have a faulty connection, but it is how it is. If your ISP's default DNS server is giving you troubles, you can try alternate DNS servers: https://www.windowsc...ings-windows-10

#3 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 01:01 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 31 May 2021 - 10:27 PM, said:

You get a penalty for leaving a match prematurely (read: before you are destroyed). The client can not distinguish why the connection is lost, whether it's node #5 along the path faulting, or you ripping out your LAN cable. It sucks to have a faulty connection, but it is how it is. If your ISP's default DNS server is giving you troubles, you can try alternate DNS servers: https://www.windowsc...ings-windows-10

An additional catch is that the penalty is immediate for the first 25 matches to discourage trolling with new accounts. Established accounts have a grace period of... 3 minutes?

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 01:32 AM

I don't have any experience with cadet penalties, but I know beyond the cadet phase penalties follow the general penalty table.
1st incident - 7s
2nd incident - 2min
3rd. incident - 10min
and so forth.
These penalties are applied indepently of the type of incident, be it Disconnect, a Teamkill or racking up big amounts of Team Damage.

#5 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 June 2021 - 03:10 AM

View Postswordburden, on 31 May 2021 - 10:48 AM, said:

I'm on fiber network I don't get lag. But.. I click quick play as usual and now it loads to map then disconnects.

Are you loading the game from a HDD or an SSD? I've occasionally seen this in other games when a slow(ish) system takes too long to load the map on the user side.

#6 swordburden

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 12:03 PM

I figured out what my problem was. The firewall on the network was blocking the game servers because it thought the servers were malicious in origin from the ip's. I had them added to a white list. No problem with disconnects now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users