Patch Files - Direct Downloa

4 replies to this topic

#1 BLOODREDSIN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 02:43 PM

Who's job is it to make sure the direct download patch is available patch day? Who is the person that fails month after month after month after month to do their job?

This person is responsible for your servers being less populated than they could be. We are rolling up on 48 hours - 2 work days straight that this person has failed to do their job. Resulting in people not being able to patch the game and log in to play.This person needs to be fired on the spot. Count your stars i am not in control of this franchise i would can you so fast your head would spin.

No excuse whatsoever for being lazy.

#2 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 23 June 2021 - 06:48 PM

View PostBLOODREDSIN, on 23 June 2021 - 02:43 PM, said:

Who's job is it to make sure the direct download patch is available patch day? Who is the person that fails month after month after month after month to do their job?

This person is responsible for your servers being less populated than they could be. We are rolling up on 48 hours - 2 work days straight that this person has failed to do their job. Resulting in people not being able to patch the game and log in to play.This person needs to be fired on the spot. Count your stars i am not in control of this franchise i would can you so fast your head would spin.

No excuse whatsoever for being lazy.

Why wouldn't you just update through the launcher like everyone else that doesn't use steam? This sort of attitude of calling PGI lazy when there's a clear solution seems like pot calling kettle black.

#3 BLOODREDSIN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 08:54 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 23 June 2021 - 06:24 PM, said:

Who uses direct download anyway?
The launcher does it for you and I am pretty sure steam will do too.

I guess any franchise can count their stars that you are not in control of it you want to fire people over something like that.
Try firing someone over something like that without having a correctional talk with that person a few times and without having it properly documented and you are probably gonna have yourself a lawsuit.

You are a broadband user, and i understand that inside your little bubble it seems that everyone has high speed internet all day every day but, had you read the documentation on the subject you would know the answer. This is what it says, word for word:

Patch Files (Direct Download)

To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.

Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.

This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.

Take note this was put in place for a reason.

Now, to explain why the launcher does not work. MWO launcher will fail to patch your game if your download speed is below a certain threshold. You will patch normally for a few minutes and then you will get the MD5 Hash Mismatch error that causes the patching process to fail. This will also occur if you try to use the Repair Tool with a connection speed below a certain threshold. So using the MWO launcher to patch is not an option in such a case. Steam could be fine i do not know. I was around before Steam, i use stand alone client.

Perhaps i was a bit aggravated when i posted earlier. This has been a long standing issue, both the hash check error and the failure to post the link to the direct download on time every time. After thinking about it a bit i figured out how to get the patch whether they post it or not. Kind of feel dumb i didn't think of it sooner. So my problem is solved, however, the issues still remain.
Another good question would be why do they not have a resume download feature on that launcher where it saves your download progress no matter what and picks up where you left off when you resume. Pretty standard feature here in... what is it? 2021?

As for the advice you give for firing someone... i think i would pass on that and stick with the legal route. Posted Image

#4 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 23 June 2021 - 08:59 PM

View PostBLOODREDSIN, on 23 June 2021 - 08:54 PM, said:

You are a broadband user, and i understand that inside your little bubble it seems that everyone has high speed internet all day every day but, had you read the documentation on the subject you would know the answer. This is what it says, word for word:

Patch Files (Direct Download)

To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.

Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.

This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.

Take note this was put in place for a reason.

Now, to explain why the launcher does not work. MWO launcher will fail to patch your game if your download speed is below a certain threshold. You will patch normally for a few minutes and then you will get the MD5 Hash Mismatch error that causes the patching process to fail. This will also occur if you try to use the Repair Tool with a connection speed below a certain threshold. So using the MWO launcher to patch is not an option in such a case. Steam could be fine i do not know. I was around before Steam, i use stand alone client.

Perhaps i was a bit aggravated when i posted earlier. This has been a long standing issue, both the hash check error and the failure to post the link to the direct download on time every time. After thinking about it a bit i figured out how to get the patch whether they post it or not. Kind of feel dumb i didn't think of it sooner. So my problem is solved, however, the issues still remain.
Another good question would be why do they not have a resume download feature on that launcher where it saves your download progress no matter what and picks up where you left off when you resume. Pretty standard feature here in... what is it? 2021?

As for the advice you give for firing someone... i think i would pass on that and stick with the legal route. Posted Image

That sucks that you don't have broadband, does it affect your gameplay as well?

#5 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 09:07 PM

Please post patch feedback in the appropriate announcement thread.
By the way, the direct download link is http://patcher.mwome...ndPatch_388.zip
Thank you!
Thread locked.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 23 June 2021 - 10:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users