3 replies to this topic

#1 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 03 June 2021 - 02:30 PM

My wishlist for the future of Mech Warrior 5 Mercenaries. (And the beyond ?)
Grab some snack, beverage and read on fellow pilot, mech warrior!

I salvaged suggestions and ideas here and there, including my own. Bringing them forth into light. Becasue MW5m have TONS of potential!
So for Battletech universe sake, future and longlivety for MW5m and future Battltech based franchises in general.

PGI/ Modders IMHO need/ should/ could to add IMHO: ( be warned, I just cram in everything I can think of, so if some suggestions are similar, thats why. Think of it as spare parts )
Several ways all of the below could end up being:
- Mods from modders
- Official mods from PGI themself
- Mods from modders made official by PGI
- Even mods from PGI, fine tuned by Modders
And so on.

Lets begin!

- For Career have us customize our OWN pilot. But the flavor, lore text about the guy who mentions your dad in your log could stay IF you IMPORT your Campaign progress into Career.

- Add tons of new emblems, 19 is lackluster. At least show us how we can import our own by adding picture files into the game directory osmehow etc

- Infantry. PGI will add it as an official mod, possible a placeholder for now IMO. Maybe they officaly could add not only more potent infantry that dosent kill infantry but IS power armors too?

- Make Co-op at least have an option let those who join your Career get something from it besides being able to paint and change loadout for our mechs. Have a percentage/ number slider for salvage, c-bills they can import over to their Career in their game. Heck even have distinct colored bars on the post mission screen where each player gets to choose an amount of points each for what they want of the salvage and c- bills split among all participants.

- For Career have us select between MALE or FEMALE pilot models, non voiced due to obvious reasons. Bare minimum, maybe add a color/ camo customization for your pilots as well at least. As for different Neuro helm, pilot suits accessories. Well thats just a bonus. The pilot avatar icon should match dynamicaly what you have choosen.

- Have some sort of simulation training for A. I pilots that are not on mission. Increasing a certain amount of skill points randomly after each mission they are not on.

- Make it so CO-OP players can see the Starmap aswell, with the permit function if so.
So they can come with suggestions, maybe set even marker + a short text about what to do next.

- Have enemy and frinedly/ allied A. I mechs have stomized mechs, I suspect the assassin targets are somewhat. But would love more dynamic, randomized variables.
Like the waarzone missions dont always have non armored, almost critted mechs but have some fresh mechs in there aswell, even if fewer. Like one of four are pristine.
Im not sure if A. I mechs are closer to max armored or not, old-teched out with mech rifles and such and so on regarding if they are one of the
Great Houses, periphery, rebels or pirates. Make it not so predictable that EACH Jagermech have paper armor every time you meet one. But can have maxed ammo but maybe a heatsink less or so.
Again seems " villain " ( assasination targets ) and " hero " ( those bare minimum armored warzone allies ) mechs are the only exception now.

- Add Field Repair Bays and Mobile Field Bays on mission types like Beachhead and muliple step/ maps mission.
Seems Salvage crates fills up SOME ammo, but these things should repair and rearm your mechs fully. Add more difficulty and/ or limit uses if these bays to balance it out.
Other mission types can have a CHANCE to have them appear but Beachhead and Multi map missions should be guaranteed.
Another idea is to make mobile repair and rearm bay vehicles come with you or get access to on-site repair and rearm bays,
BY spending a negotiation point for those.
Seriously, we had the Salvage crates being introduced in the tutorial and finally added regurarly in missions, now we need repair bays/ vehicles since that ALSO were teased in the tutorials final mission.

- Make Beachhead artillery fire much more dangerous, its easy to avoid those shell blasts even in slower mechs, maybe except Anhiliator, Atlas, King Crab.

- A hardcore, Ironman mode with unique rewards or something. Not needed but have a settings option to make sure you cant correct your mistakes by loading a save. You eff up, you EFF up, life no reroll.

- More apperances of Union class dropships. A defend until takeoff/ landing + destroy Union dropship before attack/ landing. Highly want such mission to really spice things up!

- Muffled sounds when on planets/ moons without atmostphere. And when on orbital platforms in vacuum.

- Rear view camera, as an option at least?

- Have setting options to adjust volume of impact sounds to your mech. And possible other sounds, like recharge/ reload sounds, jetpack thruster sounds etc.

- More lively mechbay, adjusted in settings if possible.

- Close in on planetary system when selected on galaxy map. BEFORE choosing the mission on the planet of your choosing.
Like in the alpha version of MW5 back in 2017.

- Bring George Ledoux back as Duncan Fisher ( with his wits and background story ) for Solariz 7 matches ( including possible pvp )
AND Nathan Filion as some kind of new character in say, side, main ( expansion story ) with deep background story aswell.

- Make SPAWNING points for enemies be random and dynamic. Either with Leopard, Union dropships or even underground
tunnels with metal bay doors opening to say, send out vehicles etc. I think we alredy have vtol, helicopter pads alredy so thats a start.
You should be able to destroy the tunnels to stop the spawning.

- Improved the A. I even more, more commands etc. Like Hold position until other commands issued. Hold position + attack if attacked but return to position when done.
Have them go to closest, farthest objective and defend/ attack those. Might need to rethink the controller setups... Make a COMMAND WHEEL for consoles, that could do!

- Possible to have more lances at missions. But getting hold on a Union dropship etc before so by unique quest in Campaign AND Career mode.
More lances? Well if so more A.I players at least if not more human players preferrably.

- We can call in Air strikes which is awesome. But what about having a dropship land and give us randomized mechs or vehicles, vtols to assist us aswell?

- NavidA1 and other modders have alredy created great HUD, revamped gameplay more immersion features alredy. Still if PGI can give a foundation, official inclusion of similar things so modders can choose to build upon those, would be great.
Not only HUD but regarding settings in option menu to have " advanced " loadout customization of mechs like said mods have shown. Engine, armor swapouts etc.

- In first person, more immersion. Effects, visual and informative. Like cockpit glass cracks when the armor is gone from head. Make the visual effects appear randomly placed/ or by where the shots ca hit.

- More pilot interactions in cockpit, there are some but like when idle for a while etc. Muh immersion, you know.

- I havent noticed but different stomping sounds regarding which mech class you pilot at least. Assault mech foot steps sound much more rumblier, heavier than lights tip toing.

- Ejection possibilities and continiue on foot armed with small arms and able to capture lone, non- occupied mechs around the map. And even finding occupied but " pilots sleeping on their job " mechs. Where stealth mission could be linked.
YEAH! I have seen several " crumbly, rusty, scenery " Roguhneck? mechs standing in buildings, if only in Campaign missions, would want dynamic, random chances for that in side missions and ordinary contract job missions in Career as well.
Speaking of which, we should be able to salvage strewn about mech whihc have no pilots too. Even if badly damaged. Mark them as we do with salvage crates alredy in.

- Dynamic placed MECH REPAIR BAYS! Or even vehicles on missions. Especially Multi part missions and Breach missions. This needs to be included!

- More information warfare capabilities. Make the fancy gizmos aka ECM, BAP +Active/ passive radars if included mean something.
Add stealth missions! Remember those from MW4? Yeah, THOSE were TENSE!

- Expand on the Campaign characters, they have potential even though they are kinda shallow and somewhat forgettable. Make them more likable, in-depth.

- More handcrafted maps and side missions in both Career and Campaign.

- Dynamic shifting borders between factions with dynamic news events explaining that. Unless doing lore based missions which are set in stone and have meaty canon lore. Simple text could be like:
" The FRR have taken territorial planets from * insert pirates/ other house etc * Have it dynbamicaly change, the map as days pass. Opening up for unique rewards etc.
Such instances could be NON- canon alongside canon ones if not conflicting.
Also BEACHHEAD missions could count towards changing borders, possible other mission types aswell that counts towards invading systems.
You could participate both in CANON/ LORE friendly border change missions AND non - canon ones. Both in Campaign and Career.
Like when the timeline is right, participating in missions that contribute to the forming of the FRR could be an idea.
I know it was mostly a Steiner, Kurita, Comstar, FRR deal which I guess didnt involve invading planets as much as planets given to the FRR.

- Future introduction of Clan Campaign, Career that can include startin out in the Pentagon worlds or even further out into Strana Mechty?

-Adding Clan tech and all that follows including features described above.

- SAME idea regarding for Periphery nations aswell. Taurian Concordate, Magistracy of Canopus, Outworlds Alliance the newly canonised Kamea Arano, Aurigan Coalition faction from Battletech with Kamea as our leader, possible faction giver or someone under her.
All subordinate of that Perihery alliance faction umbrella thingy.

- Have the Clan Invasion appear dynamically with the timeline progressing. Opening alot of new possibilites, new tech, mechs, intrigues and so on. Not least event missions like battle of Tukayyid ( with ComStar ), Operation Bulldog vs Clan Smoke Jaguar etc.
As mentioned above. Maybe at the start of making a new Campaign, have the time skipped so we can choose to start as a member of any Clan faction, any major ones at least that spearheaded the invasion of IS.

- For good measure, add an unique IS Campaign where you choose one of the Great Houses and yes especially the FRR ( House Magnusson if yuo will ). The latter give you a frightening perspective as the Clans plow through the youngest faction with noticable amount of systems as the invasion progress.
Seeing the years pass and the map showing FRR worlds fall one by one, and later the Ghost Bears ( imo one of the FEW Clans ( CGB warden later on ) that dont are totally douchebags, merging the best of both sides,
that create the Ghost Bear Dominion in 3060. Note the FRR was created in 3034. Later on the GBD evolve into the Rasalhague Dominion in 3103.

In short.
New Campaign
----> Mercenaries Campaign ( with Mason and co, YOU KNOW THE DRILL )
----> Periphery Campaign ( Starting as a integrated loyal member NON merc character & co with handcrafted missions and maps with alot of depth and branching missions, CANON true, but with alot of filler/ side missions not conflicting with CANON and LORE End game could have you stay faction loyal OR end up being merc )
----> IS Campaign: With events before, during and after Clan invasion ( Starting as a integrated loyal member NON merc character & co with handcrafted missions and maps with alot of depth and branching missions, CANON true, but with alot of filler/ side missions not conflicting with CANON and LORE End game could have you stay faction loyal OR end up being merc )
----> Clan Campaign With events before, during and after Clans invade ( Starting as a integrated loyal member NON merc character & co with handcrafted missions and maps with alot of depth and branching missions, CANON true, but with alot of filler/ side missions not conflicting with CANON and LORE. End game could have you stay faction loyal OR end up being merc )
----> Career could have you start as usual as an Mercenary, watching events going on and minding your own business. Picking sides to your liking. HOWEVER the change is that you can get a chance to become a full fledged member of one of the Houses OR Clan if you choose to after doing enough missions and changing borders for them, canon or not.

- Adding an extra progress part to the standing with any faction. Beyond Friendly, add Allied and then Integrated Loyalist. With whatever goodies, rewards and such that comes with it. Extra unique missions with stories, characters and background aswell. From canon/ lore frinedly old and new material.

- Cant stress it enough, more FRR ( and even future Ghost Bear Dominion - > Rasalhague Dominion ) and Aurigan Coalition ( even the temporarily Directorate ).
https://www.sarna.ne...lhague_Republic
https://www.sarna.ne...lhague_Dominion
https://www.sarna.ne...rigan_Coalition
https://www.sarna.ne...riphery3025.jpg

The timeline is ripe for opportunity to introduce more lore of these factions among others in general.

Make faction aka the FRR ( and future GBD -> RD ) appear dynamically as the years pass in Campaign and Career, same for the Aurigan Coalition and temporarily Arano Restoration vs Aurigan Directorate a few years where you can take contracts from both.
Might be to minor that conflict but AT LEAST have it appear in the News reel with lore and canon that the Aurigan Coalition won etc. And factions involved surrounding it all including the Taurian Concordat, FedSuns, Capellans etc.
Add some flavored stuff to these factions, own paintjobs/ color scheme. The Aurigans have Red with gold/ yellow trim. Let em have their own "camo " style template that even the FRR have. In general make every possible pheriphery state avaiable to travel to, have their own unique stuff.
I know the Magistracy and Concordate have something alredy. I mean the terrotrial colored sections being visible when fitting.
In general make other factions than the Great Houses have their own unique stuff regarding own mech variants, tech and so on. As long as its canon/ lore true.

- Bigger Urban cities as mentioned, like in THAT trailer. Maybe add a Rural mech aswell? Make it happen, a new canon Rural mech, total opposite of the lovable trash.. erm Urbie!

- Have legging be so that the mechs limp and not just slower. Add animations for that.

- More immersion with more impactful... well impacts from weapons against your chassis.

- Melee combat if possible. I like that RAMMING a mech at least those whose smalle make much more damage now. It seems.
I managed to ram of a Commandos right arm, again it was kinda damaged beforehand.

- In settings have us have DYNAMIC day/ night cycles.

- More potent, dangerous turrets with more different loadouts based on mission type, difficulty rating and so on. Modders could do this, so can you PGI.

- Climbing in and out of mechs in especially mech bays if not at all in the future for in-missions.

- Enemy airstrikes and similar reinforcements based on difficulty/ mission rating and/ or mission type.

- Along with whole mech salavage, parts of mech salvage should be a thing for a lower salvage POINT cost.
1 whole but partly damaged mech f. eks are 10 salvage points but if you need the healthy parts for your own damaged mechs of same chassi, it could cost less points speratly.
Like 3 for an arm or leg, 4 for any torso part, 3 for head/ cockpit. Need to revamp the salvage system but not removing anything like it is, just add and fine tune around what I suggested.

- Solaris 7 arena with George Ledoux, Duncan fisher presenting witty, wise and powerful comments about mechs battling each other to scraps with snippets of more lore about him aswell as his family and friends!

- Regarding mechanical rules regarding lore friendly ( TT ) vs user frinedly ( past MW titles/ mods ).
A settings in the options menu could wiht I guess ALOT of effort, could have something set in stone BEFORE you start New game in Campaign or Career.

- Choose TT/ lore mech loadout customization rules
- Choose " advanced " more free/ open loadout customization rules
- Choose a mixed setting for more specified rules. Like strict armor customization, no engine editing BUT for weapons only, if possible.

- Limited ammo options in settings. You you a ton of ammo and use half or all, then its gone! You have to buy more.
No more magical resetting of the amount you used. Just as a wild comparison. Armor. You use armor, getting it damage and afterwards have to PAY for repairing, adding more etc.

- Add much more details like more background lore for any Factions. Be it periphery states ( Aurigan Coalition/ Directorate ), minor states ( FRR/ future Ghost Bear Dominion - > Rasalhague Dominion ), major states ( Lyran Commonwealth )
Same for Mech VARIANTS. I find NO background info on variants in the Database.
Also add clear definitions on what letters, numbers and such means for mech variants. A simple example is Raven 1x, where x is for protoype afai or Shadowhawk D where D is for Davion.
Its nice to see an overview of which mech and its variants is more common or rare in each faction.

- I love the Timeline feature, though could we have a linear left to right, simplifed event timeline aswell. With events linked inbetween with lines and markers, color coded etc?
And yes add all the way to this years Hour of The Wolf Novel event timestamps.
https://www.sarna.ne...our_of_the_Wolf
<--- Worth a watch, I have never read any BT novel, so now I understand and can jump into books aswell, since the future lor/ canon/ story seems to be in better shape after that Dark Age...

- More noticable hazard effects on mechs and whatnot. Frosty breaths when cold. Acid rain damage mechs overtime UNLESS its lore reasons it does not.
Makes sense we humans have figured out to make mechs, vehicles etc resistant if not immune to such effects due to several hundred years of colonizing tons of different planets.

- Add more details to mission contract screen about the planet you are landing one, namely a TEMPERATURE notice with celcius and farenheit estimations.

- Active/ Passive radars. Have it be a prominent part of sneaky missions ala those in MW 4 where you had to spy and steal infos about the enemy.
Even more use for Lights, even some mediums and even more reason to just be you without teammates.

- And yes, color our Leopard dropship a cherry on top option to have. + Dekkels... Decals/ Emblems aswell!

Im still updating this massive list in notepad, I might have missed features, details and whatnot. Updating on the go.
Nothing is impossible to add for this game, its a solid foundament much more than a year ago. So POTENTIAL is there, ripe for alot of features like the above list.

Still, any thoughts, extra suggestions, features needed to be added?

Edited by Tordin, 06 June 2021 - 09:38 AM.

#2 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 03 June 2021 - 02:37 PM

Skimmed the list and didn't see Clan invasion but I feel like with the whole galaxy map thing one could do some really cool Clan invasion missions.

Then down the road, you got Operation Bulldog/Task Force Serpent and finally the big Trial of Refusal.

Of course, the Turkina will be needed for the CJF - ComGuards battle.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,853 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 04:44 PM

vr or head tracking support would be nice.

#4 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 06 June 2021 - 09:35 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 03 June 2021 - 02:37 PM, said:

Skimmed the list and didn't see Clan invasion but I feel like with the whole galaxy map thing one could do some really cool Clan invasion missions.

Then down the road, you got Operation Bulldog/Task Force Serpent and finally the big Trial of Refusal.

Of course, the Turkina will be needed for the CJF - ComGuards battle.

Added a buckload more stuff. Including Clan Invasion. Events like operation Bulldog etc .
Also have Campaign make you choose between standard Commander Mason campaign vs Black Inferno, IS Campaign where you are non merc but a full fledged member of your IS faction of choosing including the FRR and House Magnusson ) AND a Campaign where you choose your Clan, at least one of those that majorily took part in the invasion as a full fledged bloodied member and mech warrior.
Heck even throw in a Periphery Campaign for good measure.
All of this can be eventfully watched in Career mode aswell, you just have the reverse, you have to come in max standing with them to become full loyal member.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users