- - - - -

Kill Credit?

6 replies to this topic

#1 NarwhalEatingABagel

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 10:52 AM

Just now one of my teammates turned and took cover and I followed the enemy for a few seconds and I shot them and it showed my teammate getting credit. In an earlier game I had taken a short pass by with a UAC20 when they were in a fight and then a few seconds later I got credit for killing an enemy mech as I was shooting another and had no LOS on the first.

Is it just a really long chain reaction of ammo/engine explosions or some other trigger which causes it to go to someone besides what appears to be the last person shooting them? I don't remember it ever happening until this month but maybe it happens more often it just is hidden by focused fire from multiple mechs.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,788 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 10:56 AM

Sometimes there can be a difference between what you see and what the MWO server "sees".

#3 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 June 2021 - 12:46 PM

Are you talking about "Killing Blow" which is credit for specifically the last shot, or "Kill Most Damage Dealt," or "Solo Kill?" For KMDD, you don't have to get the last shot. I don't recall the rules for Solo Kill. I'm not sure you have to get the final shot there either and I know it's not "Only you did any damage at all" as the name might imply. You just did the overwhelming amount. Unsure if you have to get the kill credit.

Aside from those particulars, it's possible lag was involved where your shots counted retroactively, though unless your ping is like 300+ ms I'd be surprised. It's also possible, like you said, that you had a chain reaction with ammo explosions (or gauss). Those events take a couple seconds to occur.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 07 June 2021 - 12:46 PM.

#4 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 June 2021 - 01:29 PM

View PostNarwhalEatingABagel, on 07 June 2021 - 10:52 AM, said:

Is it just a really long chain reaction of ammo/engine explosions or some other trigger which causes it to go to someone besides what appears to be the last person shooting them? I don't remember it ever happening until this month but maybe it happens more often it just is hidden by focused fire from multiple mechs.
Ammo explosions can take a while to chain through a mech, but the player whose lucky shot cooks them off gets the kill credit.

#5 NarwhalEatingABagel

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 01:59 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 07 June 2021 - 12:46 PM, said:

Are you talking about "Killing Blow" which is credit for specifically the last shot, or "Kill Most Damage Dealt," or "Solo Kill?" For KMDD, you don't have to get the last shot. I don't recall the rules for Solo Kill. I'm not sure you have to get the final shot there either and I know it's not "Only you did any damage at all" as the name might imply. You just did the overwhelming amount. Unsure if you have to get the kill credit.

Aside from those particulars, it's possible lag was involved where your shots counted retroactively, though unless your ping is like 300+ ms I'd be surprised. It's also possible, like you said, that you had a chain reaction with ammo explosions (or gauss). Those events take a couple seconds to occur.

My ping is <100ms most games usually around 50.
It is the kill credit and the line that says X killed Y that shows up on the screen in the cockpit. Just weird how the opposite of what I thought happened on a few matches so close together but maybe I missed something.
For one I was on the first floor rear of citadel and drove by and hit someone then dropped down and went underneath and was shooting someone else when the you killed YYYY came across the screen and I got credit.. *shrug*

#6 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 07 June 2021 - 09:53 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 07 June 2021 - 12:46 PM, said:

So a solo kill is awarded if you've gotten both the killing blow and the KMDD (Kill Most Damage Dealt) for a mech. Your entire team could unload on some poor light that turned the corner into your firing line and if you got the most damage and the kill shot it'd be a 'Solo Kill' despite all the help.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 07 June 2021 - 09:54 PM.

#7 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 June 2021 - 01:39 PM

View PostLeone, on 07 June 2021 - 09:53 PM, said:

So a solo kill is awarded if you've gotten both the killing blow and the KMDD (Kill Most Damage Dealt) for a mech. Your entire team could unload on some poor light that turned the corner into your firing line and if you got the most damage and the kill shot it'd be a 'Solo Kill' despite all the help.

~Leone.

Thanks, I remember that now. I was too lazy to search for the definitions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users