Player Overlay Should Show What Mechs Enemies Are Playing

1 reply to this topic

#1 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 04:33 PM

After an enemy mech has been detected by your team, when you hit tab, the player overlay should show what mech that enemy player is playing.

It should only be revealed after its been detected though not before.

Its not information you wouldnt have access to anyway if the people scouting shared it. But you should just be able to look it up on the overlay automatically.

Edited by Khobai, 07 June 2021 - 08:49 PM.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,252 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 08 June 2021 - 12:38 AM

One word describes how I feel about this...

SUPPORT

...because unless there is some reasonable rationale that PGI has for making the players depend on their own memory of what is out there on the battlefields, tallying up the Chassis & Variant of a Mech on the in-match scoreboard after it has been Scouted should not be that much of an issue, particularly since it seems all too much like Teamwork is never on most players' minds. :mellow:

Heck... I know this is beside the topic... But why the heck did PGI lose the friendly Mech directional arrows that a player's own teammates need in order to avoid running through each other's lines of fire? They needed to restore that basic item some time ago as well! :(

~D. V. "A scoreboard tally of scout-discovered opposing Chassis & Variants to view while fighting? Count me in." Devnull

[Quick minor Edit by the Post Author for some missed wording!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 08 June 2021 - 12:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users