The 'hidden' Razer Wolverine-7H

8 replies to this topic

#1 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 04:00 PM

Not sure when it was added but there was a response from PGI to a mom about her son wanting Razer and something else skins in MW5 and MWO.

Now there is at least one hidden on the planet Valentina in Kurita space near Outworlds Alliance and Davion. You just go to the system and get a notice to View Transmission with story and a free Wolverine-7H with unique camo. Not sure how I would build this thing with 1 each of all 3 hardpoints.

Reddit pic links do not work so here is the topic with a picture of it.

#2 R I N G I N G E A R S

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 05:49 AM

Nice!
I'll have to head that way and do the missions. Thanks for the heads up.

#3 RBL Acehigh

• Pip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 15 posts
  • LocationMidwestern United States

Posted 10 July 2021 - 06:43 AM

Interesting. Not really a fan of wolverines but can always use a tanky boy in my line up. Been finding some interesting variants lately. Two hunchback variants that I really like are the 4sp and the GI. The 4sp has srm's and lasers so it's basically a 50 ton maddog or vulture. The GI has a guass rifle and pulse lasers.....Love that thing! problem is it's hard to find replacement guass and pulse lasers........at least early to mid game.

Don't remember the model number but I've run across a nasty little commando variant as well. It has a srm 6, srm 4, and a super charger. trade was it had no armor but damn is that little ******* tough to hit lol.

There's a charger that only has med and small short burst lasers...that thing is just laughable. I have come across a nasty charger that has a bf ac 20 and srm's. that build is actually useful.

Edited by RBL Acehigh, 10 July 2021 - 06:45 AM.

#4 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 05:22 PM

Once you start a new Campaign and get the free pilot plus Jenner, you can grab this Mech easy.

#5 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 12:42 AM

It's a double-edged sword, though. It packs high-tech components for a good punch, but is has Ferrofibrous Armour which makes repairs quite costly.

#6 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 02:26 AM

Not really.

When it comes to fictional money, the complaints are amazing. I recall seeing some complain about the costs of jump travel that is not a big thing either. Worst I seen is the poster on reddit who put up a pic of a Mech to complain about some cost associated with it and someone replied, "You got billions in fictional credits right there in your screenshot and you are complaining about costs of this one Mech. #FirstWorldProblems"

#7 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 05:51 AM

Sure, later in the game, you'll be swimming in cbills, but I made an experiment and started a new carreer as Davion and went right for Valentina (I also bought a Vulcan) and the repair costs are in the 200k-300k territory (before penalties) while the normal mechs cost about 50k while being similarly damaged. So I'd say Ferro puts a good strain on your account when you are just starting.

#8 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 10:18 AM

Yeah, you swim in cash rather quickly, even with more expensive repairs (if it gets to the structure a la field repair mod) and with Merctech only working partially with the latest MW5 release so there is no ammunition consumption which would add expenses, no wear and tear, Pilots rather inexpensive.

Pilots honestly come in very cheap - the exceptional ones should earn exponentially more than the inadequte grunts that dare to defile the pilots seats of the precious Mechs with their inabilities.

Even with Pilot Fatigue Mod when you need 2/3 more Pilots their salaries be a complete non-issue...

Cash is plenty rather quick in this game...

Edited by Thorqemada, 12 July 2021 - 10:22 AM.

#9 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 08:32 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 12 July 2021 - 05:51 AM, said:

Sure, later in the game, you'll be swimming in cbills, but I made an experiment and started a new carreer as Davion and went right for Valentina (I also bought a Vulcan) and the repair costs are in the 200k-300k territory (before penalties) while the normal mechs cost about 50k while being similarly damaged. So I'd say Ferro puts a good strain on your account when you are just starting.

I did the same starting a new career getting the Wolverine but did not buy any Mechs yet though I did get 1 pilot.

I also do something really different than others, I give the big Mechs to AI allies. The Wolverine goes to Leon, the Centurion goes to the other guy and I drive the free Jenner or Javelin, that is 135-140 tons enough for the starting area. Make a few mods to the Centurion, Javelin and Jenner slightly to the Wolverine then off to missions.

I watch ally health moving them where I need them. Leon tends to take some damage, never saw the costs but armor goes red though not internal. Sometimes I send the Centurion pilot ahead to tank before sending either Leon or myself.

I focus on legging Mechs, turrets, tanks and objectives, works out real well for me. I also scout maps when I can for the free salvage crates usually about 3-5 on most maps.

Only thing I dislike is not having weapons to swap on the Wolverine to save the UAC and MPL early so risky if they get damaged but not yet. Not sure what I would put in their place if I lost them.

BTW you can also start the Campaign, get the Wolverine then switch to Career importing the Campaign that you then delete giving you 4 Mechs with 2+ pilots in the easier starting areas of Career.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users