Demolition Missions Are P. Frustrating

4 replies to this topic

#1 Zixcv

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 06:22 AM

It's basically a pixel hunting, especially with the dark textured buildings when the intact building blocks are very similar to the intact ones. Also it looks pretty strange that you need to destroy every single building block side, antenna, pipe and whatever else is there.
Just gave up on a mission where I had to run around trying to find the last 2% of the base, couldn't do it and died to the waves of enemies.
Not fun.
Just change it so you need to demolish 80% - the base looks utterly demolished anyway even with about 60-70% destroyed.

#2 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 07:43 AM

Vehicles also count (these that stand around there)...

I usually walk through most of the stuff as long i can walk through it bcs that works the fastest and only use Weapons if i am blocked.

Edited by Thorqemada, 15 June 2021 - 07:44 AM.

#3 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 02:49 AM

Actually I found a good strategy is first you walk through everything you can before shooting things up, surprising what you can walk through. Most Demolition targets also have a wall around them that counts for the mission.

#4 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 June 2021 - 04:09 AM

Demolition missions are pretty easy if you pilot a heavy or assault mech and just walk through walls and buildings. Large buildings (taller than your mech) generally have a structural core that you can't push through, but you can easily walk a circle around it and destroy the outer surface. Radar/communications dishes, generators, defensive walls, etc. are all prime targets that you can either plow through with your mech or take opportunity shots at. There have been times that I've called down airstrikes on demolition targets, took ranged cheap shots with large lasers and PPCs, and found the place more than half dead by the time I got in medium laser range.

#5 Zixcv

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 04:42 AM

Ok, update: it appears not all demolition missions have this issue where you need to destroy every single tiny object in the base. I played some more and had no trouble with these missions anymore - usually it was enough to destroy something like half of the base, which is fine by me.
Still, those missions where you need to pixel-hunt everything need to be fixed, IMO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users