147 replies to this topic

#141 Tarteso

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 26 June 2021 - 04:23 AM

View PostJohn Bronco, on 21 June 2021 - 05:55 PM, said:

HPG has a giant central feature that dominates the entire map and ensures bad gameplay.

I mean, obviously, but you asked.

Bad gameplay? It is one of the most popular maps.The obvious central feature has three levels, which ensures some options in tactics (nascar is just one of them and can be countered), and it don´t nullify completely any game style. It also allow different places to fight. My point is: don´t mess too much with old maps most people are happy with, just ADD new ones (or reworked ones) for variety

#142 snoopcool888

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 12:56 PM

the new Polar highland turn from a long range trade to a bawling festival. We already have plenty of maps for that. I prefer the old Polar highland, why don't you just add a few more building to the old map and call it a day?

also if that is what your planning to do for HPG map please do not touch it.

#143 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,185 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 28 June 2021 - 12:35 AM

That's the prob, Snoop.

Polar literally was ONLY Long-range trading, which Clan pilots invariably won.

The new map is actually balanced. And there are still decent long range positions.

they just require you to actually pilot a mech, rather than manning your turret.

@Tarteso: I'd actually like to see HPG be a mostly "indoors" map. Actually expand the basement and have some twisty paths and bunker entrances spread around the map so you could do sneaky flanks popping out.

TBH, my biggest problem with HPG is really that it's just.. well.. kinda boring to look at and play on compared to literally every other map except, you know, old Polar Highlands.

Edited by Arkhangel, 28 June 2021 - 12:38 AM.

#144 Z E T E T I C

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 12:38 PM

The new map has too much terrain, and there are these crappy half gaps that look big enough to walk through, but aren't.

I also think that there has been a big streak/ATM/LRM nerf in these changes from the cauldron. The new maps have more cover, AMS got buffed, ATMs got damage reduced, ssrms also get damage "spread" over time.

Basically this game will just be PPC online.

I wonder if anyone has actually considered that there are some people who simly cant aim that well, and play weapons with lock ons allows them to contribute? That they show their skill by supporting team mates and positioning? Not every FPS game has to be a twitch FPS game.

Edited by ZETECTIC, 28 June 2021 - 12:45 PM.

#145 BeCause

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 08:30 PM

I can't stand this map, and it isn't fun in any type of mech I play it with. For the love of God, revert to the old one.

#146 MechNexus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 04:55 AM

View PostBeCause, on 29 June 2021 - 08:30 PM, said:

I can't stand this map, and it isn't fun in any type of mech I play it with. For the love of God, revert to the old one.

This is strictly a you problem - The new version is fine. For starters, it's actually a map now, with advantageous positions, cover, and flanking routes. Take the time to learn it rather than whining.

#147 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 02 July 2021 - 09:18 AM

View PostMechNexus, on 30 June 2021 - 04:55 AM, said:

This is strictly a you problem - The new version is fine. For starters, it's actually a map now, with advantageous positions, cover, and flanking routes. Take the time to learn it rather than whining.

If you like getting stuck or fancy the idea of a rat maze it's great!

I on the other hand would rather see more maps that don't look like Solaris City with some snow on top... Posted ImagePosted Image

All of those who complained about the old map simply need to learn that getting out in the open is a bad way of searching for cover : That's what the rocky area is/was for! Posted Image

But I guess players will be players forever so the developers now have to fix their flaws... Posted Image

#148 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 02 July 2021 - 09:24 AM

Played on this map, so far:
  • Fights are around I8-I9
  • Area in that sectors may encourage nascaring, yet there is open space allowing to shoot off anyone attempting it
  • Lots of cover, so LURMING isn't as much effective as before.
Well done, Monsieur Francois. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users