7 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff on a Buffalo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 June 2021 - 10:29 AM

https://maps.mwocomp...=cDNMtreA3erHFh
The link is to the MWO tactics map for Alpine Peaks for the Domination game mode.
For the high ground in the middle of K8, K9, L8, L9, would one consider this the vital ground for this particular map/game mode? I am looking at this with an eye on the FW QP but this can probably apply somewhat to the general QP too.
My def'n of vital ground for this sit'n: If you loose control of this terrain, holding the domination circle would be very hard (maybe even impossible).
Or would the high ground at J9 be the vital ground?
Cheers.Thanks. I am just trying to spark some conversation on this in the FW community since I am not overly interested in QP or Comp play. if this post is in the wrong location, please let me know and I will try to move this post.

Edited by Jeff on a Buffalo, 18 June 2021 - 10:31 AM.

#2 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 08:02 AM

Yep this map-mode combination pretty much plays out in the same area as QP, just with long-ranged mechs most of the time. J9 hill is a nice spot to dunk on people with arm-mounted weapons if they have no one contesting that spot.

#3 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 23 June 2021 - 12:39 PM

So, from team two a hopper with range on the M8 corner can be a pain. Helps clear the way for an L side push, which if allowed to get to L9-10 gives team two a solid way to deny Team one the circle. This is a thing that happens far too often, but too often mechwarriors get scared off by a few long ranged traders and cede the advantage. Team one of course, want to go the other way, with sniping from the little L9-10 hills to clear the way for their own push.

I've found that whomever controls the L side corridor basically wins their team free shots on the circle.

~Leone.

#4 Jeff on a Buffalo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 07:07 AM

Thanks Yondu and Leone.
Looking at the skirmish drop locations for the same map, the L-corridor looks quite advantageous to control for that game mode as well.
Cheers.

#5 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 28 June 2021 - 03:14 PM

You can also aggro brawl on the map if you are organised and reasonable fast (70kmh+). You probably want 2-3 guys with midrange in the mix of that brawl to put pressure on as well.

Just adds another option to it all and definitely doesn't have to be completely long range.

#6 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 04:30 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 28 June 2021 - 03:14 PM, said:

You can also aggro brawl on the map if you are organised and reasonable fast (70kmh+). You probably want 2-3 guys with midrange in the mix of that brawl to put pressure on as well.

Just adds another option to it all and definitely doesn't have to be completely long range.

Organised doesnt count. U can even spiderrush with a good premade.

#7 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 29 June 2021 - 05:27 AM

Well Jeff is organising his mates or something/unit? I think he's said that.

Just offering you another option as it doesnt always have to be long range on Alpine :)

You can even bring 400-500m builds and just be agressive. All about changing it up sometimes for a but more flavour.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 29 June 2021 - 05:27 AM.

#8 Jeff on a Buffalo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 01:04 PM

Yes, something I am doing with the unit I am in. By chance I was looking at Skirmish options on that map just this morning, I can see what justcallme A S H is referring to wrt brawling and med-range mech build options and being aggressive. Cheers, Thanks for the help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users