Spdr A (Anansi)

14 replies to this topic

#1 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 24 June 2021 - 07:22 AM

So i got a new Free mech (content reward) and chose the anansi so i am looking for a Playstyle idea on to how to capitalise on its strengths by making a few adjustments to the loadout

ideas loadout

X2 medium pulse (Replace standard Medium laser)
X2 MG (swap with lights for extra ammo?)
X2 laser ams (Replace AMS removes ammo dependency plus can be disabled with ` key)

quirks:
Jumpjets can just 52/52 (i assume its 52m in the air)
fast (somewhat)
semi decent armour for a light (x2 ppc won't kill it outright)

its stat enhancments are unimpressive at best and the arms structure is very very weak only 8 points

Personal ideas for playstyle
Light flanker (no ecm/stealth heavy flanking would be suicide on most maps)
Light AMS support
General support (help focus down targets without becoming a target, uav ect ect)

#2 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 07:39 AM

The Anansi is famous for being one of the absolute worst mechs in the entire game, but I suppose there is a certain charm in trying to make something like that work.

Here's what grimmechs database has listed for it: https://mech.nav-alp...#409672e5_SDR-A

Or you could dowgrade some components to add AMS.

#3 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 24 June 2021 - 07:57 AM

View PostSafeScanner, on 24 June 2021 - 07:22 AM, said:

So i got a new Free mech (content reward) and chose the anansi so i am looking for a Playstyle idea on to how to capitalise on its strengths by making a few adjustments to the loadout

ideas loadout

X2 medium pulse (Replace standard Medium laser)
X2 MG (swap with lights for extra ammo?)
X2 laser ams (Replace AMS removes ammo dependency plus can be disabled with ` key)

quirks:
Jumpjets can just 52/52 (i assume its 52m in the air)
fast (somewhat)
semi decent armour for a light (x2 ppc won't kill it outright)

its stat enhancments are unimpressive at best and the arms structure is very very weak only 8 points

Personal ideas for playstyle
Light flanker (no ecm/stealth heavy flanking would be suicide on most maps)
Light AMS support
General support (help focus down targets without becoming a target, uav ect ect)

Hmm sorry to be something of a Grinch here but I do not think there are any actually valid playstyles for REAL scoutmechs like the Spider, Stinger (not ingame), Wasp (not ingame) or for one of the other non strike/non clan lightmechs in this game at its momentary state.
The only two usefull things it actually can do in QP is dropping artys/UAVs or capping points. For anything else it either is too undergunned or too fragile. A single blow of an SRM or MRM or LBX mech will almost certainly cost you half your offensive power. To use MGs for dmg you need at least 3-4 of them with good quirks and to effectively use your energy hardpoints you would need to use havy energy weapons...i.e. at least 2 snubs and then you almost certainly would have to either sacrifice significant portions of your speed, not to speak of your AMS or your Jumpjets.
So except from trolling around I can not think of any satisfying way to use an Anansi at the moment.

#4 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 24 June 2021 - 08:31 AM

View PostGagis, on 24 June 2021 - 07:39 AM, said:

The Anansi is famous for being one of the absolute worst mechs in the entire game, but I suppose there is a certain charm in trying to make something like that work.

Here's what grimmechs database has listed for it: https://mech.nav-alp...#409672e5_SDR-A

Or you could dowgrade some components to add AMS.

View PostThe Basilisk, on 24 June 2021 - 07:57 AM, said:

Hmm sorry to be something of a Grinch here but I do not think there are any actually valid playstyles for REAL scoutmechs like the Spider, Stinger (not ingame), Wasp (not ingame) or for one of the other non strike/non clan lightmechs in this game at its momentary state.
The only two usefull things it actually can do in QP is dropping artys/UAVs or capping points. For anything else it either is too undergunned or too fragile. A single blow of an SRM or MRM or LBX mech will almost certainly cost you half your offensive power. To use MGs for dmg you need at least 3-4 of them with good quirks and to effectively use your energy hardpoints you would need to use havy energy weapons...i.e. at least 2 snubs and then you almost certainly would have to either sacrifice significant portions of your speed, not to speak of your AMS or your Jumpjets.
So except from trolling around I can not think of any satisfying way to use an Anansi at the moment.

1st idea
ANANSI
2nd idea
ANANSI light counter ecm with 1 ton spare for whatever

my build idea
in terms of loadout its the same-ish to a locust-v3 minus 10t and being alot smaller

in my build focus i want to put emphesis on mobility and to deal damage over time to be that annoying fly that won't go away and when they are chasing use higher ground to get away or exploit weaknesses the problem with this most maps are straight up anemic to having higher ground to exploited only one i can think of is the HGP walls the others have invisible walls or unsteady foundations where you can slip and fall solaris city is a nice map with lots of high buildings problem is the fighting happens and finishes in the center

Edited by SafeScanner, 24 June 2021 - 08:46 AM.

#5 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 24 June 2021 - 10:14 AM

Okay. Personally I find the weapon slots limiting. However, of the two proposed builds I like the second one simply because the core concept is to sit around the team and chase off lights, which means sitting around the team, letting them benefit from your dual ams. I could never do that build since it'd involve patience to wait until the end game brawl to try and secure kills with such a light weapon loadout.

Now, hows about this ANANSI? Hear me out. Light ppcs can still disrupt ecm, including stealth armour. Gives you more range, allowing for more annoying high locational sniping. Also, I feel like the pin point frontloadedness of the ppcs help alleviate the poor weapon loadout.

~Leone.

#6 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 24 June 2021 - 10:48 AM

View PostLeone, on 24 June 2021 - 10:14 AM, said:

Okay. Personally I find the weapon slots limiting. However, of the two proposed builds I like the second one simply because the core concept is to sit around the team and chase off lights, which means sitting around the team, letting them benefit from your dual ams. I could never do that build since it'd involve patience to wait until the end game brawl to try and secure kills with such a light weapon loadout.

Now, hows about this ANANSI? Hear me out. Light ppcs can still disrupt ecm, including stealth armour. Gives you more range, allowing for more annoying high locational sniping. Also, I feel like the pin point frontloadedness of the ppcs help alleviate the poor weapon loadout.

~Leone.

Looks like a nice secondary (i use 2x Lppc for the spdr-d5with ecm/stealth)i might drop the rocket pod for more armour tho and i agree with the sitting in the middle idea and the problem of being bored/static till the end unless a pesky light appears

Update:

Anansi L - PPC first fight https://steamcommuni.../?id=2526277662
not great but i supported the best i could plenty a lot lrm boats out there overwhelming my laser ams

Anansi Support https://photos.app.g...6C9aXH6aGujhMSA (match score)
https://photos.app.g...2XurUbkjPhR92r7 (player score)

Was a loss but i got two kills in one raven to over commited/some poor light i only noticed because his jumpjets were on which i think i got his leg not sure or shoulder

Edited by SafeScanner, 24 June 2021 - 12:10 PM.

#7 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 24 June 2021 - 12:26 PM

Honestly, winning a light fight means you did your job. Now granted, being able to survive the fight and keep contributing is best, but well done. Sadly matchscore doesn't seem to care much for light fights, but glad to see you're making the mech work for ya.

~Leone.

#8 Mechaholics Anonymous

• PipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMechsico, Amechrica, JahMecha, Mechssachusetts, New BrunsMech, Mechxas, Mechtropolis, A..MARIKa

Posted 25 June 2021 - 11:09 AM

Haven’t played this in a while, but I went out yesterday in it after reading this thread. It has 2 med. lasers, 1 MRM. 10 and 2 AMS. It’s fast, jumps good, and torso moves quickly. Not much armor so it works good as a support role for protecting Big Boys from lights and missiles. Thanks to this tread for getting me to blow the dust off this Mech.

#9 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 25 June 2021 - 11:58 AM

View PostMechaholics Anonymous, on 25 June 2021 - 11:09 AM, said:

Haven’t played this in a while, but I went out yesterday in it after reading this thread. It has 2 med. lasers, 1 MRM. 10 and 2 AMS. It’s fast, jumps good, and torso moves quickly. Not much armor so it works good as a support role for protecting Big Boys from lights and missiles. Thanks to this tread for getting me to blow the dust off this Mech.

Something like this?
ANANSI

remove 1 ammo box for x2 laser ams(i am not a fan of Balistic ams ammo runs out too fast)

i like mrm's 10 but against lights not very effective unless point blank if i was to use a missle type srm6 with 240 ammo can shoot slightly more but deal 12.9 instead of 10 damage

its armor is okay duel ppc's can't one shot

#10 Mechaholics Anonymous

• PipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMechsico, Amechrica, JahMecha, Mechssachusetts, New BrunsMech, Mechxas, Mechtropolis, A..MARIKa

Posted 25 June 2021 - 04:53 PM

Close, yes on the lasers, ammo for AMS and for MRM 10. 4 JJ’s, 2 double heat sinks and a light 200 engine. Torsos are almost full armor, I could drop one more engine size and get full armor if I need. I like your SRM 6 idea, I’ll give it a go later, thanks.

#11 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 26 June 2021 - 01:10 AM

View PostMechaholics Anonymous, on 25 June 2021 - 04:53 PM, said:

Close, yes on the lasers, ammo for AMS and for MRM 10. 4 JJ’s, 2 double heat sinks and a light 200 engine. Torsos are almost full armor, I could drop one more engine size and get full armor if I need. I like your SRM 6 idea, I’ll give it a go later, thanks.

not a fan of going 106 km engine (before speed skills) i like to have a clear advantage of speed over medium otherwise you can't escape fast enough if a medium can run at 90 km isk the time it would take to break off and disappear would be too great not to mention to use these jumpjets properly (without gliding 3-4m and rubbing the mechs face in the earth)

its this small speed difference makes hunting pir-1/2 easy sure they are fast but only around 10km ish faster (subject to engine used) but you can shoot and keep it on peoples radar where it will die running or forced to turn and fight alsong as you need moving the pir should loose against attrition or backup arrives to help mop up this method also works for stealth flea/locusts just spam the help! quick command (pray the stealth lights overheat for easy dmg and get into those shoulders for a quick xl engine kill)

#12 Mechaholics Anonymous

• PipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 01:01 PM

View PostSafeScanner, on 26 June 2021 - 01:10 AM, said:

not a fan of going 106 km engine (before speed skills) i like to have a clear advantage of speed over medium otherwise you can't escape fast enough if a medium can run at 90 km isk the time it would take to break off and disappear would be too great not to mention to use these jumpjets properly (without gliding 3-4m and rubbing the mechs face in the earth)

its this small speed difference makes hunting pir-1/2 easy sure they are fast but only around 10km ish faster (subject to engine used) but you can shoot and keep it on peoples radar where it will die running or forced to turn and fight alsong as you need moving the pir should loose against attrition or backup arrives to help mop up this method also works for stealth flea/locusts just spam the help! quick command (pray the stealth lights overheat for easy dmg and get into those shoulders for a quick xl engine kill)

I get it, that is true and a better option for the light role. I would drop the AMS altogether, then focus on a bigger engine and weapon/ammo/heat sinks. I tried the SRM switch from the MRM and it worked well, so it stayed on. Dual laser AMS fit but was too hot, had to toggle them on and off, so I kept the ammo ones. It does ok if it has support, definitely not a solo scout/brawler. If I change it up to be though, I’ll report back to you

#13 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 26 June 2021 - 01:37 PM

View PostMechaholics Anonymous, on 26 June 2021 - 01:01 PM, said:

I get it, that is true and a better option for the light role. I would drop the AMS altogether, then focus on a bigger engine and weapon/ammo/heat sinks. I tried the SRM switch from the MRM and it worked well, so it stayed on. Dual laser AMS fit but was too hot, had to toggle them on and off, so I kept the ammo ones. It does ok if it has support, definitely not a solo scout/brawler. If I change it up to be though, I’ll report back to you

try chain firing your lasers instead of together fining all at once,
if no to that keep your srms seperate to mediums and only fire on exposed parts maybe invest into 15% missle crit?

heat buildup;
Medium lasers x2 3.25 heat per shot
Srm's 3.75 per shot
Buildup per volley 10.25
+ AMS = 12.25 (2.0/s)

laser ams should not be overheating you while your not shooting your heat dispersion should be 2.2s so sitting in the middle won't hurt you

use leone advice, anansi is a support mech and i good one (still weak when comparing tho) anansi can get some good damage in mid/late game and early/mid drop some uavs to provide intel to give you an edge done right you won't be top damage but you should of negated alot of damage (lrms deals 1 so 500 missles kills = 500 damage negated) and suprise attacks

last thing if you are on your own and it looks like a light /mediums wants to scrap don't just run in the early game, if you have to trade some armour to get past and run, later in time scan mechs and assess look for a weakspot, his position do a feight attack then go all in and strike that area you want gone if its gone decide carry on or run but always take stock of whats around you

View PostLeone, on 24 June 2021 - 10:14 AM, said:

~Leone.

#14 DiatoicClaw166

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 03:06 PM

Ok so, not going to pretend I am some super qualified mechwarrior, but I do have alot of experience with this mech as I've spent alot of time trying to build it and play it. The biggest issue I had building mine was that it was too light to outfit all the cool gadgets I want. Since the Anansi is the only spider that can dual ams plus the only spider to do missiles, you want to utilize both of those features, but once you factor in the weight and space for those features plus the engine and armor of the mech, you start to get handicapped for other things, like other weapons that aren't just a single missile launcher. But then you dont want to gimp yourself by not taking jump jets, so you take a few.

I got my Anansi set up with dual laser ams, active probe, an mrm 10 (cause i like rockets that don't blow up at 270m), and two small lasers so I can still shoot at things once the ammos gone. But i only have 2 jump jets, an XL 250, and as many weight savings gimmicks I can use. Is it OP? No, you'll hardly do damage period. But I like supporting my team and this set up lets me do that task perfectly.

You could convert the laser ams to ballistic and have 1 ton of amm. That could save you a slot and 1 ton. Maybe rip off the active probe, that would add two slots and 1.5 tons. That could add some machine guns and ammo, or a few more jump jets, plus the left over weight you could bump up the engine size and go a bit faster.

#15 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 26 February 2022 - 09:41 PM

View PostDiatoicClaw166, on 26 February 2022 - 03:06 PM, said:

Ok so, not going to pretend I am some super qualified mechwarrior, but I do have alot of experience with this mech as I've spent alot of time trying to build it and play it. The biggest issue I had building mine was that it was too light to outfit all the cool gadgets I want. Since the Anansi is the only spider that can dual ams plus the only spider to do missiles, you want to utilize both of those features, but once you factor in the weight and space for those features plus the engine and armor of the mech, you start to get handicapped for other things, like other weapons that aren't just a single missile launcher. But then you dont want to gimp yourself by not taking jump jets, so you take a few.

I got my Anansi set up with dual laser ams, active probe, an mrm 10 (cause i like rockets that don't blow up at 270m), and two small lasers so I can still shoot at things once the ammos gone. But i only have 2 jump jets, an XL 250, and as many weight savings gimmicks I can use. Is it OP? No, you'll hardly do damage period. But I like supporting my team and this set up lets me do that task perfectly.

You could convert the laser ams to ballistic and have 1 ton of amm. That could save you a slot and 1 ton. Maybe rip off the active probe, that would add two slots and 1.5 tons. That could add some machine guns and ammo, or a few more jump jets, plus the left over weight you could bump up the engine size and go a bit faster.

Yeah, I’d recommend dropping the probe and changing the LAMS out for regular AMS with a ton of ammo each. This allows you to add a 3rd jump jet and up the small lasers to mediums.

https://mwo.nav-alph...=225f4e78_SDR-A

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users