#61 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 30 June 2021 - 02:35 PM

View PostDeathDream, on 29 June 2021 - 01:45 PM, said:

Still on that note, why is Theta capture point not the middle point in the map? That part is really confusing!

Because gamma is. Theta and Kappa are still equidistant.

~Leone.

#62 MeanMachinE

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 02:41 PM

Please don't ever again put into challenge a condition to lose in a map. Nobody seems to vote for the map and to lose is another thing.

#63 JohnoBurr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 05:06 PM

Event ended a day earlier than listed?

#64 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 30 June 2021 - 05:12 PM

View PostMeanMachinE, on 30 June 2021 - 02:41 PM, said:

Please don't ever again put into challenge a condition to lose in a map. Nobody seems to vote for the map and to lose is another thing.

It's a bloody snowflake. If you want one so badly, just buy it with the MC you get, no losing nessisary.

~Leone.

#65 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 05:25 PM

View PostJohnoBurr, on 30 June 2021 - 05:06 PM, said:

Event ended a day earlier than listed?

they wrote the sale dates wrong

They wrote July 1 5PM but it should have been June 30 5PM

always go by the UTC time / date

#66 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 03:37 PM

View Postmytilus edulis, on 30 June 2021 - 05:25 PM, said:

they wrote the sale dates wrong

They wrote July 1 5PM but it should have been June 30 5PM

always go by the UTC time / date

Came here to post about this...it would have been nice to know that I didn't have an extra day to make last second purchases. Posted Image

#67 Mister Raider

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2021 - 04:04 AM

Yeah I'm a bit sad, I thought I had more time too, I wanted to buy a Deathstrike!

#68 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 02 July 2021 - 09:00 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 29 June 2021 - 08:14 AM, said:

But still wonder: What the heck is with Solaris City?! It is always shows up when I launch quickplay! The worst map need to be forced on the players or what?

Solaris is basically Arena Mode but they also added that map to the game when the whole Solaris 7 redesign of the game was released :)

But I am sure you knew that already...

City maps also need some serious change: WHAT THE HELL ARE THOSE INVINCIBLE BUILDINGS?!

Dear developers! Think about it: If I hit your house with a 200mm cannon or a volley of missiles what would happen? NOTHING?! Where DO YOU live? Those houses would turn into stinking little pieces! Currently city maps are **** because of this.

What? Engine limitations? Hahaha! Funny guys! MW3-4 already featured destructible buildings with engines far poorer than CryEngine. And reduce buildings to debris would not really affect game speed because there would be no more objects need to render and display...

Have you played Battlefield 3 for example ?!

Destoryable buildings are not as cool as they sound...

Also the game is already glitchy enough as it is : How often have I shot someone thinking it was a hit and the game be like : NOPE.AVI Posted Image

Now think about troubleshooting all the particles from destroyed buildings... Posted Image

#69 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 05 July 2021 - 05:35 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 28 June 2021 - 10:03 AM, said:

I have extended the Challenge by 1 week so folks have more time to get the map.
We have weighted the maps so they should show up more often.

Hi there, Matt! While I may have finished the Event before it received more time (and I'm admittedly late in posting this... shame on me), I would still like to thank you for the Event Extension because it very likely gave others a chance against the randomizers who have not been so lucky. Here's to optimism that the Polar Highlands map in particular happened to get enough exposure that players won't mentally discount it in their future choices. :D

I would also like to thank you for what effort has been put forth in trying to help people who were thrown off by the Sale's end times. Hopefully, they were able to get some of what they wanted. :)

In case I have made an error, and the thanks are actually meant for another person, then please make sure that it also reaches them? :blush:

~D. V. "Thanks for the chilly Event & Sale and the extensions too!" Devnull

#70 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 07:26 AM

So... while I was not really able to complete the event early on all during the last week the PH map seems to be unavailable to me this week because people are just plain bored with it and _ALWAYS_ vote against it. Le sigh.

Pretty, pretty please, could we not have this kind of event goal ever again? It is so frustrating to see the map in the selection screen just for people to vote even for Bog, just not to get it. Ultimately regardless of the effort I throw in it looks like I am never going to be able to complete the event.

#71 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 10:46 AM

View PostMister Raider, on 02 July 2021 - 04:04 AM, said:

Yeah I'm a bit sad, I thought I had more time too, I wanted to buy a Deathstrike!

Do not be sad. Sooner or later there will be some 'Mech sale.

#72 NanoLeviathan

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 11:57 PM

Love the map changes, but they don't come up often enough in matchmaking and never get picked. I could really use more time to complete this event! Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users