Find The Hero

12 replies to this topic

#1 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 12:55 PM

Just wanted to put out this question to the community:
Has anyone developed a method or has research they wish to share about approximate locations to find Hero Mechs for sale or on the battlefield.

Not asking for specific data but a logical method to seek out Hero mechs, for example, say a Pirate Bane locust might be found near the border of Kurita and Davion space because it was developed in a certain star system???

Just trying to save fuel and time in-game.
Peace

#2 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 09:36 PM

Pirate's Bane, never found but I guess it might show up near start area.

Some Heroes randomly appear in Industrial Hubs in certain areas, seems to be in weight order.

I have seen Oxide and Death's Knell on run near start.

Grid Iron and Loup De Guerre at Hubs in Kurita Space near the Frontline, think I got Katana Kat around there once, Anansi another time.

X-5 once I think in a Davion hub around the Rep 5-6 areas.

Some Heroes are gotten from really tough 4 Mission setups.
Crimson Crusade gives the MASC Dragon.
Conspirators gives the dual Gauss Rifleman.
Bow and Arrow gives the Archer.
Hazing the Weak gives the 3LL & 3LRM10 Orion.
Bring Her Home has the ECM Victor.
X Marks the Spot gives the Corsair.
Stop the Launch gives the quad UAC5 King Crab.

#3 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 09:58 PM

I think there are 2 ways to get Hero Mechs.

First is you do certain Quests and get certain unique Mechs...
Second you can buy them on Planets that have the "Hero Mech for Sale" Icon.

I have not looked further into that...

#4 Tenam

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis MN

Posted 02 July 2021 - 04:47 AM

I think Wildstreak and Thorq have the right of it .. in that certain Mechs (the unique ones Wild lists out) aren't in the table of the "normal" hero mechs the game can pick from for industrial hubs (this is the "HeroMechsForPurchase" data table.

I wrote a MOD (haven't published to Nexxus yet) that increases the likelihood of a Hero and makes it more appropriate to the level of the Industrial hub (personally got frustrated cruising the sphere with a drop ship full of assault mechs hitting a spot to see what the hero was and having it be an oxide or death smell)

So that data table gives the list on what can be selected. How they are selected is a percentage based on the level of the Industrial Hub and the "tier" of the Hero mech. Although Hero Mech tier is not directly tied to mech weight (as far as I can tell) it tends to run parallel with it.

So in the picture below is my modified version .. the list vertically is the "difficulty" of the Industrial Hub ... from lowest to highest as it goes down...
  • Odds column - is just that percent chance of a Hero mech showing up at that difficulty of industrial hub (again this is my modified version so they show up a little more often)
  • HeroMechTiers column - is a comma delimited list of the 10 tiers of hero mechs and if that tier is available at that level of Industrial Hub (Boolean - 0 that tier not available at the difficulty level, 1 - it is) [again this is my modified version, the default had all tiers of Hero mechs available at the highest difficulty of Industrial Hub and is why Jenner and Commando Hero's would show up when cruising with all Assault mechs]
- Pic Didn't post ... Manual example ..

HeromechOdds HeroMechtiers

.00 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
.15 1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,0
.20 0,0,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0

Prior to me making and using this mod I never saw a Boars Head in all the hours I had played, since adding this mod I have seen them a couple of times.

Edited by Tenam, 02 July 2021 - 04:50 AM.

#5 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 02:00 AM

Fascinating response.
Thanks to everyone for participating.

I always suspected that certain heros would appear in the sectors where they were built and introduced according to canon, but that does not seem to apply in this version of the game.

Also, with the exceptions listed above concerning special missions to acquire some heros, I have never ran into one on the battlefield.
It would be nice to encounter heros during normal battle, even if they were not allowed as salvage, just to meter their effectiveness and maybe provide a hint as to their nearby industrial hub availability????

#6 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 06:11 AM

Most state even if not effective, you should try to get them just for the tech.

Urbie Heroes for example are too slow in this game but you can strip them down for their equipment then sell them.

#7 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 11:07 AM

Urbie is as slow as an Annihilator in MW5, however, this is according to canon as they were developed for in-city street fighting.
MWO allows the little trash cans to go much faster which does not follow canon, but makes them more versatile for the MWO maps and game style.

But I digress.
Still trying to figure out some formula for a general location of any hero locations.
Does anyone have data that indicates certain factors associated with the appearance of any hero within any sector.
For example:
your pilot ranking
which mechs are active in your dropship
how many credits you have
your pilot rating for a particular political group / industrial hub / faction
industrial hub association to canon for development of a particular mech chassis
--- and the list goes on ---

I'm not looking for a silver bullet / easy access to heros, just some semblance of logic to utilize while searching for them.
Peace

#8 R I N G I N G E A R S

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 07:20 AM

Hazing the weak mission 4 is one of the coolest missions in this game.
Stop the launch mission 4 is... Well F that mission. I made it through and am now the proud owner of a Kaiju, but it was costly.

But yeah. I think some heros you wont find on the market, not that I've seen anyway. You only get them doing missions.

Edited by R I N G I N G E A R S, 19 July 2021 - 07:21 AM.

#9 R I N G I N G E A R S

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 07:30 AM

View PostPeace2U, on 17 July 2021 - 11:07 AM, said:

Urbie is as slow as an Annihilator in MW5, however, this is according to canon as they were developed for in-city street fighting.
MWO allows the little trash cans to go much faster which does not follow canon, but makes them more versatile for the MWO maps and game style.

But I digress.
Still trying to figure out some formula for a general location of any hero locations.
Does anyone have data that indicates certain factors associated with the appearance of any hero within any sector.
For example:
your pilot ranking
which mechs are active in your dropship
how many credits you have
your pilot rating for a particular political group / industrial hub / faction
industrial hub association to canon for development of a particular mech chassis
--- and the list goes on ---

I'm not looking for a silver bullet / easy access to heros, just some semblance of logic to utilize while searching for them.
Peace

I found a Boars Head in the central map hub near Terra after rank 4 so I think the "in the wild heros" are just RNG.
The heros you get from missions will only pop up once you hit a certain rank for that mission.

#10 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 11:33 AM

Heroes exclusive to Missions are among this list.

#11 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 July 2021 - 04:30 PM

I basically just fly around until i see a hero and go check.. if you want Pirates Bane stick to planet markets that solely sell light mechs.

Just a heads up if you buy a hero it takes it out of circulation so.. if you keep getting a hero you don't want and can afford it.. buy it then something else will appear.

Edited by MechaGnome, 19 July 2021 - 04:33 PM.

#12 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 07:44 PM

Thanks for the informative link, Streak.
And I did not know that industrial hubs are limited to a particular weight class, Gnome.
Is there some kind of reference to hub weight class, or do we just sail the stars and find out for ourselves?
Peace

#13 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 19 August 2021 - 07:38 PM

Tenam said:

1625230070[/url]' post='6415104'] personally got frustrated cruising the sphere with a drop ship full of assault mechs hitting a spot to see what the hero was and having it be an oxide or death smell
As I only can buy each hero mech once, I just buy any hero I get offered to remove it from the pool of hero mechs which are offered to me for sale and put them into cold storage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users