#1 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 July 2021 - 01:42 PM

Hello friends,

It's been a while since I played this game and I figured I'd give it a try again. I was going to just solo drop into a FP match (and maybe I am just inept at the UI), but I am forced to pick Clan Wolf (Current conflict is FFR vs Wolf).

Is this a new thing where anyone signing up is forced to sign up for the lower population faction? Or is there a way for me to pick FRR?

This is the step I am at and I don't have the option to select FRR. I changed my default drop deck to an IS one and that didn't help.

https://imgur.com/Gg0fTF3

Thanks for helping me out!

EDIT: I think I was automatically assigned the faction or something. I am trying to cancel/change the faction and I can't find the break contract button

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 02 July 2021 - 01:53 PM.

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 02 July 2021 - 02:01 PM

Okay. So Faction warfares a bit light on folks, so we've just two factions duking it out at a time, rather'n everyone goin' at it. That means when you sign up, you gotta fight for one of the two. As you're currently aligned with Smoke Jags, a Clan faction, it only allows you to sign up for clan wolf, the Clan faction fighting right now.

You can leave smoke Jags without penalty and sign up for an Inner Sphere faction if'n you wanna fight for FRR. Or you could go Mercenary, sos you can sign up for whomever.

They've done away with the 10 fight dead time afore you get loyalty points, I've been told.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 02 July 2021 - 02:02 PM.

#3 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 July 2021 - 02:16 PM

Oh I see thank you! I didn't realize I was still Smoke Jag cause it said I was fighting for Wolf. I found the break contract button! Thank you.

I did know about the only two factions duking it out at a time. That changed occured before I stopped playing last!

If I am a Smoke Jag loyalist and I am playing Wolf in this conflict do I get Smoke Jag Loyalty points or Wolf Loyalty points?

Thanks again!

#4 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 04 July 2021 - 02:02 PM

View PostTelemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, on 02 July 2021 - 02:16 PM, said:

If I am a Smoke Jag loyalist and I am playing Wolf in this conflict do I get Smoke Jag Loyalty points or Wolf Loyalty points?

You get Smoke Jag points

#5 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 July 2021 - 06:08 AM

View PostvonJerg, on 04 July 2021 - 02:02 PM, said:

You get Smoke Jag points

Awesome thanks!

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 05 July 2021 - 06:09 AM.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,669 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 05 July 2021 - 10:06 AM

Essentially, in September 2019 PGI finally setup FP to have the ability to actually co-op without having to leave ones primary House or Clan.

https://mwomercs.com...70-24-sep-2019/

Above is the link to the patch notating what percentage of Loyalty points are earned, dependent which House/Clan you have signed up with vs who is currently fighting.

Example

Kurita vs Ghost Bears - Kurita and Ghost Bears would earn 120% of the LP, other Innersphere/Clan factions would earn 100%.

Ghost Bears vs Smoke Jaguar - Ghost Bears and Smoke Jaguar would earn 120% of the LP, other Clans would earn 100% while Innersphoids would earn 80%. Flip it around where it is IS vs IS, same thing with Clanners earning 80%.

I believe for Mercenaries it is a straight up 100%, though I haven't find that specific information.

#7 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 July 2021 - 01:52 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 05 July 2021 - 10:06 AM, said:

Essentially, in September 2019 PGI finally setup FP to have the ability to actually co-op without having to leave ones primary House or Clan.

https://mwomercs.com...70-24-sep-2019/

Amazing thanks for the detailed info.

One last thing, breaking loyalty doesn't reduce your xp gained with that faction anymore right? I feel like that was something that was talked about or implemented right before I last played? Just wanna double check before I decide to faction jump around.

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 05 July 2021 - 02:01 PM.

#8 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 05 July 2021 - 05:25 PM

View PostTelemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, on 05 July 2021 - 01:52 PM, said:

One last thing, breaking loyalty doesn't reduce your xp gained with that faction anymore right?

Correct, there is no more penalty for changing faction, nor a probation period like before. Jump freely.

#9 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 July 2021 - 05:27 PM

View PostvonJerg, on 05 July 2021 - 05:25 PM, said:

Correct, there is no more penalty for changing faction, nor a probation period like before. Jump freely.

Awesome thanks for all the answers! Posted Image

#10 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 07 July 2021 - 07:18 AM

Now there's a name i havent seen in a while!

#11 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 July 2021 - 03:12 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 07 July 2021 - 07:18 AM, said:

Now there's a name i havent seen in a while!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users