#1 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 July 2021 - 12:26 AM

Hi.
I was thinking if you guys could add AMD FSR to MW5, since it is using the unreal 4 engine.
it should be very easy, when using the UR4 engine, it is more or less just to check a check box and it should be up and running.

it could also be good publicity for mechwarrior 5 since AMD fsr is a new feature and all is testing it.
so you guys could get alot of ads times for free Posted Image

#2 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 11:30 AM

I wonder what will happen as UE5 has TSR and that seems to be also the same kind of thing. Haven't looked much into it yet but interesting times ahead. Its kind of weird that there's FSR then TSR kind of tries to bump it out of the picture.

More options is better I guess but I like one lol. If they stick with UE4, FSR addition would be good. Don't see them enabling all three if they moved to UE5 in the future. Two with UE4 might happen. But also depends on how many more patches they throw out. I don't know what PGI's SP game patch idea is but maybe a mod could in theory do it.

Edited by SomersetStriker, 20 July 2021 - 11:34 AM.

#3 cx5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 09 September 2021 - 07:39 PM

View PostFlanking Boy, on 20 July 2021 - 12:26 AM, said:

Hi.
I was thinking if you guys could add AMD FSR to MW5, since it is using the unreal 4 engine.
it should be very easy, when using the UR4 engine, it is more or less just to check a check box and it should be up and running.

it could also be good publicity for mechwarrior 5 since AMD fsr is a new feature and all is testing it.
so you guys could get alot of ads times for free Posted Image

Yes UP !!!!!! please enable this feature !!!!

#4 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 03:45 AM

Out of curiosity - do you have frame rate issues or is it for cranking up the resolution to 4k and keep 1080p fps?

#5 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 10 March 2022 - 11:34 PM

sorry for the necro, but you can inject FSR into any game using Lossless Scaling. I'm using it for MWO right now as I'm without a graphics cards.

I'm running a Ryzen 5600G APU, native 720p upscaled to 1440p, graphics settings Medium, consistent FPS 55-60. I'm amazed the APU could run MWO at all, much less at a near locked 60FPS

#6 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 08:20 AM

Afaik this is a Steam App isnt it?
So it works only for Steam games?

#7 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 14 March 2022 - 10:22 AM

Seems AMD will anounce the next gen of FSR hat works for all games and all GPUs soon...
FSR 2.0 and RSR Release Date Official AMD Slides Leaked!!! - YouTube

#8 cx5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 18 March 2022 - 10:52 PM

Sorry to report RSR tested NOT work on MW5,

or not work on games_select that implements FidelityFX(1st-gen) and not on FidelityFX_Super_Resolution(2nd-gen)

FidelityFX(1st-gen) = https://www.amd.com/...supported-games
MW5 is on this only.

FidelityFX_Super_Resolution(2nd-gen) = https://www.amd.com/...uper-resolution

#9 Nation Uprise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 March 2022 - 11:23 PM

I have the game installed from the Windows Store through Game Pass, and RSR does work for me. Make sure RSR is activated in the Adrenalin software, then set the game to Fullscreen and set a resolution lower than your native. I opened the AMD Overlay and it says RSR is activated with a green checkmark and lists the resolution being scaled up from vs the native. I had the game set to 1280x720 and the 3D elements look pretty close to my native 1920x1080. The text elements look a bit blurry, especially the text in the HUD. It might look better if I bump up the resolution a bit more.

Edited by Nation Uprise, 19 March 2022 - 12:30 AM.

#10 cx5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 19 March 2022 - 02:58 AM

View PostNation Uprise, on 18 March 2022 - 11:23 PM, said:

I have the game installed from the Windows Store through Game Pass, and RSR does work for me. Make sure RSR is activated in the Adrenalin software, then set the game to Fullscreen and set a resolution lower than your native. I opened the AMD Overlay and it says RSR is activated with a green checkmark and lists the resolution being scaled up from vs the native. I had the game set to 1280x720 and the 3D elements look pretty close to my native 1920x1080. The text elements look a bit blurry, especially the text in the HUD. It might look better if I bump up the resolution a bit more.

what GPU are you using?

#11 cx5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 21 March 2022 - 05:45 AM

because FidelityFX is forced on = greyed out = can't change, hence RSR cannot engage.

does anyone know how to disable FidelityFX ???

I'm using 6900XT

#12 Nation Uprise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 March 2022 - 11:18 AM

View Postcx5, on 19 March 2022 - 02:58 AM, said:

what GPU are you using?

I got an RX 5700.

View Postcx5, on 21 March 2022 - 05:45 AM, said:

because FidelityFX is forced on = greyed out = can't change, hence RSR cannot engage.

does anyone know how to disable FidelityFX ???

I'm using 6900XT

Forced on in the Adrenalin software? It's called Radeon Image Sharpening in the software. But if it's forced on in MW5, then that's weird. I can turn it on or off. Maybe tweaking the .ini files might be the only way to force it off.

Edited by Nation Uprise, 21 March 2022 - 11:27 AM.

#13 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 05:22 PM

Maybe Fidelity FX its related to the use of Raytracing?

I dont know, i dont have RT...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users