3 replies to this topic

#1 BaronDeath

• PipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOzark Highlands

Posted 29 July 2021 - 10:47 PM

TIPS in game say that Units can get their tag on planets taken. This is not currently true. I can write the SQL for you and push to your API or database so you can post this (say, a nightly run at least?), bring it back [unless I have missed something] and will do this work for free if you contact me. Once this is done [even nightly run to where you API can stage] we will have it done or give it back to you with free development time. The Loyalist will have inspiration once more AND it incite those who have none and you will ignite nuclear fire. Game on (like of old my beloved Pirahna Games);. Win/Win/Win. Written loyally always to PGI.

#2 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 11:56 PM

Yes I fully second this!

#3 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 30 July 2021 - 12:17 AM

Functionality is already there and was used when FW was a real thing. However, like many aspects of the game, it quickly became an elite only benefit system (holding a planet generated MC) and only the biggest units gained from it.

As numbers dropped, the system was abused where the bigger units would mass drop on a planet after a smaller but persistent unit fought to gain control, but lost out to sheer numbers of drops in the last couple of hours.

When FW moved to CW, then further restricted with the asinine mangling of factions in active play, the whole aspect of planetary control became ridiculous because of the protected status planets suddenly got from this bizarre shifting of conflicting Houses and/or Clans.

So, while I applaud your enthusiasm, that jumpship has already left the system.

#4 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 30 July 2021 - 07:13 AM

Even if it was merely a cosmetic upgrade or they changed it to a cbill bonus that could be distributed to players planetary control was still super cool and gave us all something to fight for.

I think a cbill bonus honestly would be great tho as it would allow units to store cbills in the vaults to help out their newer players and make recruiting easier and better for newbs as they will want the free cheddar cheese. (Note allowing the coffers to be used as a signing bonus, IE paying out money to new players upon joining a unit would be a good idea)

I do think making it valuable with MC would be beneficial as it would and could bring back the erra of the true twelve man but idk. (4 man of DSX isn’t going to gain anything by playing with an 8 man of 2war. And a 7 man of dsx has far more to gain fighting the 8man 2 war group (if they can win) then playing on their side of the conflict. Just saying.

In conclusion even if you don’t want to do any of that seeing unit again names next to planet tags would be nice even if there is nothing but seeing your squads tag up on the big planet board. It’s still nice.

Edited by IronWolfPack64, 30 July 2021 - 07:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users