Can We Do Something About Mechs Bracing Themselves In Forests?

4 replies to this topic

#1 PancakeBunny

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 09:43 AM

seriously, what a major oversight, going thru forests makes mechs hug themselves for no obvious reasons, not only its visually annoying but more than often when firing inside dense forests while the arms are going all crazy around makes the projectiles/beams go completely astray... specially infuriating when using pcc mechs like marauder or warhammer... fix this please.

#2 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 11:19 PM

I have never seen this so far in around 150h of gameplay...

I noticed sometimes the aim is of but that happens everywhere.

#3 PancakeBunny

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 08:49 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 04 August 2021 - 11:19 PM, said:

I have never seen this so far in around 150h of gameplay...

I noticed sometimes the aim is of but that happens everywhere.

when you walk towards a tree, the mech "hugs" itself, perhaps you FOV is so low you cant see your arms, but as you said, sometimes the aim is off, shooting completely off target all the way into the sky. Try walking through trees using a warhammer and firing ppc's, its really irritating, and egregiously noticeable when you have a high FOV, where you can see your mech's arms.

none the less:
https://imgur.com/a/5JLXYLp

Edited by PancakeBunny, 06 August 2021 - 09:11 AM.

#4 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 06 August 2021 - 09:55 AM

View PostPancakeBunny, on 06 August 2021 - 08:49 AM, said:

when you walk towards a tree, the mech "hugs" itself, perhaps you FOV is so low you cant see your arms, but as you said, sometimes the aim is off, shooting completely off target all the way into the sky. Try walking through trees using a warhammer and firing ppc's, its really irritating, and egregiously noticeable when you have a high FOV, where you can see your mech's arms.

none the less:
https://imgur.com/a/5JLXYLp

Thanks for providing screen shot. My guess is that it is the arms adjusting themselves to focus on nearest target depending on where they are positioned on the mech. Which would be the tree right in front of you.

As Thor mentioned, not seeing it myself. But, I rarely play heavy low arm weaponized mechs. Mostly due to the AI enemy focusing on removing arms. Playing Top Dog, Hunchies, Battlemaster (the one with six torso medium lasers), Champions, and Jagers (got the Firebrand in DC space). Of those, only the Jager has most of the firepower on the arms. But, they are nice and high up, and easily visible without wide FOV I’ve never seen them cross like that. I’ll ask my friends next time we play together since they like playing the Warhammers. Just finished doing some solo runs to accumulate CBills and mechs so we can run a number of multi mission contracts.

#5 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 10:59 AM

I understand now what you mean with "hugging the trees".

Probably Kodiak is right and it is some sort of converging on a valid target and it seems trees are valid targets bcs i noticed they stop shots etc.

Did you try if Arm Lock helps?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users