Case In Xl Side Torso

2 replies to this topic

#1 Flea King Fleappuccino

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 08:06 AM

Hello all! This is my first post on the forums!

If I have to place ammo in a side torso on an IS mech equipped with an XL engine, I understand that the mech will be destroyed if a side torso gets destroyed. But could there be a chance that an ammo explosion in a side torso occurs without completely destroying the side torso it's in? If so, then would having CASE in it would protect the CT in this particular instance? Or does an ammo explosion in a component pretty much guarantee the component to be destroyed? Is there any benefit at all to having CASE (in this case Posted Image)?

Edited by King Samu, 14 August 2021 - 08:13 AM.

#2 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 08:16 AM

depends on the ammo, stuff like MG and AMS ammo does little damage, and Gauss does zero. but regular ammo is definitely going to kill you if they blow. rather than CASE, put DHS in there. it's call crit padding, since DHS take 3 slots, it's far more likely any damage or crit goes to the DHS rather than the ammo.

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 15 August 2021 - 09:32 PM

CASE will not help you here, because it only prevents damage transferring into the next component after the component it's located in is destroyed by an ammo explosion.
An ammo explosion does not necessarily result in the destruction of a component. Its damage depends on how much ammo is left in that particular location.

View PostImperialKnight, on 14 August 2021 - 08:16 AM, said:

stuff like MG and AMS ammo does little damage, and Gauss does zero.

I wouldn't say so. AMS ammo doesn't explode at all (see April Patch Notes), so does Gauss ammo. MG ammo deals 0.1 dmg/projectile, so a full bin of MG ammo (2000 shots) has the potential to blow out for 200 dmg (regular Clan MG), for example.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users