Been Feeling A Need For Big Stompy Robot Action

4 replies to this topic

#1 FactorlanP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 27 September 2024 - 03:41 PM

Well it's been quite a few years, but I've been jonesing for some Big Stompy Robot action... So got my account reactivated, super thanks to Tranquility for helping me out with that. Appreciate the great customer service...

So... Things have changed a bit.... lol

I'm curious what everyone feels the current meta is these days?

#2 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 27 September 2024 - 07:21 PM

Extreme long range Hag/Gauss or any of the lights that can spam APGauss/Mag shots or SRMs. Alternatively, look up Sneky_Snek and his videos and that ought to make it pretty clear, if you have the skill to pull it off. For the rest of us, most things work but mid/long range traders that can alpha 45-ish+ ppfld seem to be most consistently workable.

#3 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 27 September 2024 - 09:35 PM

Magshot fleas running and laugh.

#4 RockmachinE

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 01 October 2024 - 06:38 AM

I think the meta is ok at the moment, so long as there is variety its good and right now there seems to be a lot of viable options and builds.

Personally don't like the Clan heat sink nerf, but that has to do with my builds and playstyle more than anything. Also getting bored with MWO after 10 years, but that's also my issue.

#5 VeeOt Dragon

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 02 October 2024 - 05:20 AM

meh i simply wouldn't bother with meta either trying to follow it or change it or any of that. play waht works for you ad what builds you find are fun. (sadly LRMs have been nerfed into near uselessness so they only work if you can get nearly a 50% velocity boost). so yeah just work out what feels right for you and go with it, no need to over think things unless you are a person who thinks comp is the be all end all of MWO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users