Missing Recommended Reputation Level For A Conflict Zone

3 replies to this topic

#1 Vetinarian

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 27 August 2021 - 06:02 PM

Hovering over a planet in a confict zone doesn't say the recommended level.

APEX MINING SYNDICATE
Recommended Reputation Level <skull icon>

Isn't there supposed to be an actual number in there?

Is there another way of determining difficulty level of a zone without actually travelling there and looking at the contracts? I know the "repairs will take XX% longer" is an indicator, but it would be nice to get something more informative.

#2 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 29 August 2021 - 02:05 AM

I doubt that there is another way but travel to it...maybe a third party listing of conflict zones...
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries/Conflict Zones - BattleTechWiki (sarna.net)

#3 Ricofico

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOut in the Periphery, sitting in my Mech

Posted 26 January 2022 - 12:32 PM

Thanks for this list because my game must be bugged. I have never seen any rep level in any conflict zone i have unlocked. I didn't even l know that was a thing till a video i saw. any i thought it was only me. because this is the only post about it! ANYWHERE!!!

#4 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 06 February 2022 - 11:07 AM

View PostRicofico, on 26 January 2022 - 12:32 PM, said:

Thanks for this list because my game must be bugged. I have never seen any rep level in any conflict zone i have unlocked. I didn't even l know that was a thing till a video i saw. any i thought it was only me. because this is the only post about it! ANYWHERE!!!

I see it listed in the Taurian Corridor at the bottom of the map (not sure if it exists pre-game finish which is where I am as I finished the game). But, yes, most if not all else seems to not say anything.

However, I have over 80 hours on this game and never really paid attention to that. Its not a big deal. The tonnage and difficulty rating on the mission are the most important and maybe the only really important thing to pay attention to. eg 95 is a whole lot worse than 10.

Each of the four main sections also have increasing difficulty going from SE, SW, NW, NE as that's how the campaign goes through it.

So its not like you need to look at rep level unless it blocks you as it may do only for the main campaign story missions since it won't put them out there when it wants you to increase it. You can't go to the NE section if you're in the SE section without losing everything as the mission difficulty will be way too high lol.

Edited by SomersetStriker, 06 February 2022 - 11:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users