3 replies to this topic

#1 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,825 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 05 September 2021 - 06:04 AM

Question to the devs… is it possible to have multiple domination circles defined for each map? Like one in the center, one to the left of center, and one to the right of center, then the game picks one at random when you’re loading into the map? This would give people one of three different spots on each map to cluster around instead of always fighting in the exact center. It would add variety.

#2 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 12:37 AM

It feels like we kind of have that. It's called "Conquest" Posted Image

But I feel where you are coming from. Some Domination circles on certain maps are basically deathtraps.

#3 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,825 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 06 September 2021 - 07:25 AM

Heh, Conquest is the mode where everyone ignores the objective in order to shoot the enemy and then either complains that the enemy forces are dead so why did they lose or complains that their PSR went down after they won the game with all their capping time. Posted Image

That said, Domination is all about fighting around one point in the map. Having some variety as to where that point is located would keep the game mode feeling fresh.

#4 Ghoja

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 03:39 AM

View PostMister Bob Dobalina, on 06 September 2021 - 12:37 AM, said:

It feels like we kind of have that. It's called "Conquest" Posted Image

But I feel where you are coming from. Some Domination circles on certain maps are basically deathtraps.

I think you misunderstood the OP... Pretty sure the intent wasn't having multiple circles per match, but more like its location is random (from a few different locations) per match.

I suggested something like this as well, iirc, the issue was that each circle location would have to be its own map. Not sure, but I think the naming of the maps couldn't be the same. On that I don't know, but seems to me to be the only logical reason to not have this already, unless maps take up massive amounts of space to the point where the it isn't feasable. Also, once you get this, people will want the same done for conquest (or at least I would, with changes to the number of cap points as well as locations for them).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users