Announcing Legend Of The Kestrel Lancers!

72 replies to this topic

#41 Kano111

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 September 2021 - 06:22 PM

View Post_AL_, on 16 September 2021 - 06:05 PM, said:

Great. While that happens, we're waiting for the September free mech. I hope it'll get here sometime. Just saying.

Yeah I asked the other day about any events etc and no answer.. Fair to say MWO is back on the backburner?... Hopefully not.

#42 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 06:54 PM

View PostSteve Pryde, on 16 September 2021 - 06:48 AM, said:

Release next week already? Why can't every game release be like that? Awesome!

there is less time to be disappointed when the announcement for release comes mere weeks before release. if it comes a year in advance and then there is a year of delay, now that's disappointing.

#43 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 07:01 PM

View PostValec, on 16 September 2021 - 01:18 PM, said:

Wow. The last expansion got me to spend another 100 hours in MW5. This sounds even better. It almost feels too soon, but i'm happy to dive back in on the 23rd.

1st expansion got me into the game for about 4 hours. then the vr mod got me in the game for about a week.

View PostBig-G, on 16 September 2021 - 02:59 PM, said:

That's why I'm not using mech modifying mods...

im just using the vr mod now. i hope they dont break it.

#44 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 07:08 PM

View PostKano111, on 16 September 2021 - 06:22 PM, said:

Yeah I asked the other day about any events etc and no answer.. Fair to say MWO is back on the backburner?... Hopefully not.

with this coming out in 2 weeks, i really dont see it getting too much in the way. im actually impressed they managed to pull this off with only one month of disruption in the mwo agenda. and its not like there isnt a mechpack, would you like to buy a mechpack?

Edited by LordNothing, 16 September 2021 - 07:08 PM.

#45 Kano111

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 September 2021 - 07:27 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 16 September 2021 - 07:08 PM, said:

and its not like there isnt a mechpack, would you like to buy a mechpack?

Mate, I have spent tons of money on this game, bought plenty of mech packs and have purchased all the new variant packs this year. Nothing to do with my original question, which I felt was a reasonable one to respond to.

I'm 100% supporting PGI in both MWO and MW5 (which I pre-ordered way back in 2019)

#46 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 07:48 PM

View PostKano111, on 16 September 2021 - 07:27 PM, said:

Mate, I have spent tons of money on this game, bought plenty of mech packs and have purchased all the new variant packs this year. Nothing to do with my original question, which I felt was a reasonable one to respond to.

I'm 100% supporting PGI in both MWO and MW5 (which I pre-ordered way back in 2019)

the would you like to buy a mechpack thing is practically an obligatory meme at this point, especially in lieu of variant packs.

#47 Kano111

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:25 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 16 September 2021 - 07:48 PM, said:

the would you like to buy a mechpack thing is practically an obligatory meme at this point, especially in lieu of variant packs.

Haha Oh OK.

#48 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:36 PM

View PostDamnedtroll, on 16 September 2021 - 06:05 AM, said:

Melee ! just wetted myself, damnit... where is my axman ?

I told Chris Lowrey: No Excuses. . . . . This Baby. . .. . NOW!

Posted Image

#49 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 16 September 2021 - 09:34 PM

Alright, I finally bought the game on Steam like I said I would after I refunded my preorder due to the exclusive agreement with Epic Games. I got the dropship pack and I am quite pleased to see the new expac on the way, since you are finally adding Melee, plus the game is looking a lot more polished. It will be cool to get it for my sons when it is on Playstation too, and hoping you will have co-op crossplay support between all versions of the game. I only wish I could make my own Mechwarrior, like I can in MWO and BATTLETECH, but that is a minor issue. Good work overall, keep it up.

View PostHawk819, on 16 September 2021 - 08:36 PM, said:

I told Chris Lowrey: No Excuses. . . . . This Baby. . .. . NOW!

Posted Image

Yeah, just get the model from HBS.

#50 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 12:56 AM

Played through the intro and the 1st mission, the gameplay is great and the mission is classic MECHWARRIOR, the 3D graphics are decent, but not great, definitely not the full potential of Unreal 4, smoother, but not as pretty as MWO and not bad considering the limited resources. The 2D graphics and cutscenes are a few decades behind, but still get the point across, I will definitely play through the campaign.

#51 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 01:06 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 17 September 2021 - 12:56 AM, said:

Played through the intro and the 1st mission, the gameplay is great and the mission is classic MECHWARRIOR, the 3D graphics are decent, but not great, definitely not the full potential of Unreal 4, smoother, but not as pretty as MWO and not bad considering the limited resources. The 2D graphics and cutscenes are a few decades behind, but still get the point across, I will definitely play through the campaign.

Whaddaya talkin' 'boot? It's not released yet...

#52 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 17 September 2021 - 01:29 AM

Great. So, any chance to "import" Ms. Passariello's Hatchetman? Posted Image

Posted Image

Just BTW:

Now I don't know if I should buy DLC's on Epic Game Store, or repurchase the complete set on Steam (Workshop and console controller support) or on Microsoft Store (PC and XBone + XS support)...

#53 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 03:03 AM

Making your own Mechwarrior Pilot Avatar would be a very nice addition...

#54 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 September 2021 - 10:41 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 16 September 2021 - 07:01 PM, said:

1st expansion got me into the game for about 4 hours. then the vr mod got me in the game for about a week.

You got the VR mod to work?
is it compatible with other mods like MercTec?

I've just started to (finally) get MercTech running and it's awesome!
Gyro effects, if you have too many collisions,... heat effects,... a lot of Mechlab changes, ...
and also using Coyotes Mission pack and More Biomes is already giving a LOT of more mission types and diversity...

...some of these together basically build in a new DLC would be great (even tho this might be a hit to these awesome modders)...

Looking forward to the DLC and hope it does not break these mods (mostly MercTech)!
Thanks

PS:
here is a short match with a new Mission type that include a Union Dropship defense/escape:

Edited by Reno Blade, 17 September 2021 - 11:11 AM.

#55 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 01:20 PM

View PostReno Blade, on 17 September 2021 - 10:41 AM, said:

You got the VR mod to work?
is it compatible with other mods like MercTec?

I've just started to (finally) get MercTech running and it's awesome!
Gyro effects, if you have too many collisions,... heat effects,... a lot of Mechlab changes, ...
and also using Coyotes Mission pack and More Biomes is already giving a LOT of more mission types and diversity...

...some of these together basically build in a new DLC would be great (even tho this might be a hit to these awesome modders)...

Looking forward to the DLC and hope it does not break these mods (mostly MercTech)!
Thanks

PS:
here is a short match with a new Mission type that include a Union Dropship defense/escape:

im just running it stand alone. you also have to use the compatibility mod. presumably it doesnt touch any of the mechs are weapons, so those mods should work, but it does kind of use its own hud system, so if you are using a custom hud that probiblly wont work.

#56 CJ Davion

Rookie

• The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 01:33 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 16 September 2021 - 06:16 PM, said:

New campaign story i expected...

But you had me at MEGA CITY!!!!!

Then you blew my mind with MELEE!!!

Yup, i'll be grabbing this!

they typically do it at the mid way point of the month, aka patch time i'd think it will show up this weekend. When did the last one end i forget?

Pretty sure YOU must be the person that people have mistaken me for in some of my matches... Posted ImagePosted Image

Hopefully I haven't embarrassed your name too much. But I think I've done okay.

P.S. Super excited for this new expansion! Posted Image

#57 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 02:37 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 17 September 2021 - 01:06 AM, said:

Whaddaya talkin' 'boot? It's not released yet...

Ah, sorry, I should have specified that I played through the first mission of the original campaign.

#58 Alstren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNext door to PGI's North American server room

Posted 17 September 2021 - 03:14 PM

YESSSSSS!

Posted Image

#59 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 September 2021 - 06:47 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 16 September 2021 - 07:01 PM, said:

Tell me more of this VR mod of which you speak. Specifically, can you simultaneously control arms/freelook with the headset and Torso/Legs with a joystick? Or does the VR headset completely replace the mouse function?

I was very disappointed to discover that trying to use VR in MWO merely replaces the mouse, rather than dividing the freelook/torso controls.

#60 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 07:10 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 17 September 2021 - 06:47 PM, said:

Tell me more of this VR mod of which you speak. Specifically, can you simultaneously control arms/freelook with the headset and Torso/Legs with a joystick? Or does the VR headset completely replace the mouse function?

I was very disappointed to discover that trying to use VR in MWO merely replaces the mouse, rather than dividing the freelook/torso controls.

its mostly just basic hmd support and (what i hope is preliminary) vr hud. stereoscopic vision and head tracking are in. i suppose you could use the controllers as joysticks, but that would probibly suck. i just dont use them. instead i just use my mouse, throttle and pedals. so far there is no unlocked arms (technically you can unlock but there are no sights for them yet), but i believe there are plans to add this back. not sure if they are going to do independent arms with vr controllers, that would be kind of interesting if they implemented it. its great for immersion though, its like putting on my nerohelmet before a drop (which you kind of have to do because only the ingame parts are in vr, not the hanger or menus, but im fine with this). vr hud does need some work though, ive had problems with the sights and targeting boxes being off on some mechs, text is kind of hard to read. its still pretty good for a beta though.

reddit
mod page

Edited by LordNothing, 17 September 2021 - 07:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users