• PipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 06:09 PM

[color=#CCCCCC]
CAUSTIC VALLEY REBORN[/color]
[color=#CCCCCC]
Caustic Valley is the latest map to be reworked by Francois with feedback from the Caldron! Check out these moody screens and Let us know what you think of the map when it launches next week

PLAY TEST IT BEFORE YOU RELEASE THIS TIME?!?!?! ty[/color]

Edited by randomxtc16, 17 September 2021 - 06:10 PM.

#2 randomxtc16

• PipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 September 2021 - 02:54 AM

Survey says...

You didnt play test it first...

I guess the greed for money has really won the battle.

Welp time to find something new to play now, much sad.

#3 Fae Puka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 September 2021 - 03:45 AM

Cannot see a d@mned thing, so much mist and crud it does actually hurt my eyes. Manufacturers of any product have a duty to make it accessible, Caustic map is a solid example of what NOT to do and most probably open ups cases for civil action.

Utter garbage by someone who does not know how to code a decent map supported by a company that refuses to engage with its audience other than through its lackies and sycophants.

#4 Jajorgenson

Rookie

• The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2021 - 09:11 PM

Clearly this map is not as well received as the other recent updated maps. I have tried to play it every time it comes up and 85 percent of the time is is not voted for. I thing people just do not like hot maps. The few times I have played it I think it is ok. The You Tube opinon was sniper map but the steam vents and fog make it really dificult to snipe. LRMs worked ok but as usual fast mediums doing a big nascar win the day. My grumpy saying is Change is Bad, unless it is for the better.

#5 killkimno

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 05:13 PM

It seems that neither the developer nor the qa team has released this map without testing it.

#6 Goggles Paesano

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 07:56 AM

I HATE this map.

Anyone know where the circle is in Domination? Should put signs up with a circle on it saying, "Have You Seen Me? If so Please contact PGI"

#7 Taifune

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 09:39 AM

The redisign is extremely bad - the nascar got worse, and if you are not in a long range Mech, forget playing it if your not in a light - you get shot into pieces befor you can even hit the oponent. Ah, and in domination the circle is not visible on the map... *slow clap*

#8 stage4cancer

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 05:57 PM

Are we playing call of duty or mechwarrior online? The last 3 map redesigns are not good

#9 PCHunter

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 12:45 PM

This map is nothing but the latest version of The Cauldron's effort to change the meta of the game to the current Clan ER Large Laser sniper's delight. Except you still cannot see anything. In fact, I suspect that some players have found an exploit (or cheat) that allows them to snipe across the map at targets that cannot see them in return. Moreover, there is almost no cover from LRM's because no man's land has rock cover that is not tall enough to protect anything but a light mech. But don't ask my opinion, check the user acceptance of the map when it appears in rotation. After these weeks of inclusion, I have only played this map twice when selected. It routinely gets snubbed in favor of almost any other alternative. This map should be sent back to the designers. I would add more cover to the map and absolutely reduce the visibility obstructions - smoke and fumes. I would also add a few more valleys/trenches like the revised Polar Highlands. More attention should be made to providing avenues for brawler builds to close on enemy entrenchments of snipers and LRMers.

Edited by PCHunter, 13 October 2021 - 12:47 PM.

#10 stage4cancer

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 05:11 PM

Well I was never happy with the cauldron calling shots anyway pgi should resume control

#11 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 01:14 AM

View Poststage4cancer, on 16 October 2021 - 05:11 PM, said:

Well I was never happy with the cauldron calling shots anyway pgi should resume control

The problem with PGI resuming the control is that PGI is absolutely clueless. They do not even play their own game.

#12 stage4cancer

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 01:28 PM

Without the game that pgi created how would the cauldron be in charge ?

#13 ejw0508

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 02:12 PM

Think of it this way if mw5 didn’t come down the pipe pgi would still be running theshow

#14 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 19 October 2021 - 02:12 PM

View PostGoggles Paesano, on 26 September 2021 - 07:56 AM, said:

Anyone know where the circle is in Domination? Should put signs up with a circle on it saying, "Have You Seen Me? If so Please contact PGI"

This is definitely an issue...let's put a yellow circle on a yellow map...brilliant!

#15 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 20 October 2021 - 02:31 AM

[color=#959595]In fact, I suspect that some players have found an exploit (or cheat) that allows them to snipe across the map at targets that cannot see them in return[/color]
thats fight & Hide ...stand behind cover-firing and back in Cover or move to other Position , no Glitch ,only Tactical Play with Mechs thats not Bis and Slow like a Blinking Aircraft Carrier and Pilots thats never loks around or thats ignored the Minimap

#16 Gisela von Hinten

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 03:51 PM

this map basically is polar highlands reloaded, with less visibility, so no one can shoot back at the LRM boat.
still like the very caustic valley most, second best version was the one in rotation before. this one - i dont like.
its basically poking in the dark while being slaughtered by massive LRM. circle of shame is not visible in domination either.

when did PGI last playtest a map for real matches ?

#17 Scythe Kagato

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 01:31 AM

Once a trash map, always a trash map. Delete it.

#18 Yar0Wind

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Charge
  • The Charge
  • 408 posts

Posted 16 December 2021 - 12:50 AM

Bring back the old map, please. The new one is only playable if you are a PPC ECM sniper.

#19 Oriffel

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 June 2022 - 10:47 AM

i kinda really miss the fog.

It made the map unique and kinda forced you to change your play style.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users