Testing Grounds - Maps Sorting Needed (Suggestion)

5 replies to this topic

#1 Rkshz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOdesa, Ukraine

Posted 04 October 2021 - 12:55 AM

I often go to the Testing Grounds, I test mechs and builds, see what changes were made or check bugs (for example, invisible walls) and noticed one unpleasant thing - when you want select a map, you see chaos, the maps are not in alphabetical order = as a result, you cannot quickly find the map you need, it is annoying because it is inconvenient.

I suggest to arrange the maps alphabetically.
If "random" is chosen most often (PGI should know), then place "random" at the top of the list.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,959 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 07:26 AM

View PostRkshz, on 04 October 2021 - 12:55 AM, said:

I often go to the Testing Grounds, I test mechs and builds, see what changes were made or check bugs (for example, invisible walls) and noticed one unpleasant thing - when you want select a map, you see chaos, the maps are not in alphabetical order = as a result, you cannot quickly find the map you need, it is annoying because it is inconvenient.

If "random" is chosen most often (PGI should know), then place "random" at the top of the list.

I agree, this would be a good idea.

#3 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 04 October 2021 - 08:10 AM

View PostRkshz, on 04 October 2021 - 12:55 AM, said:

View Postmartian, on 04 October 2021 - 07:26 AM, said:

I agree, this would be a good idea.

Hey, you two... I agree that this Feature Suggestion is probably a great idea... So, it gets my SUPPORT with a very small caveat... I think we should be allowed the option within the Game Settings of which view mode (either the current Map Index ordering or Alphabetic ordering or Reverse Alphabetic ordering... have to cover those who for some reason prefer Maps whose names are more near "Z" than others) that we want for selecting the Map which we're wanting to use. This kind of a change ultimately would likely alter multiple interfaces, and some people are used to seeing the list a certain way. ;)

Also, as I started to note in this post, I sense that the Map List may be the way it is because of what order these maps were probably introduced to the MWO Live Game in the sequence of. The last nine entries there before the Random option almost outrightly confirm this to me, and I kind of wish they had put numbers by the names in order to either reflect or deny what I think is going on here. (Heck, anyone got a list of the original introduction dates for these Maps into the game?!?!? I would definitely like to see it!!!) As it is, this will likely require an Engineer to do any alterations, so we're looking at a long wait. :huh:

~D. V. "I'm on-board with this Map List Sort Change, but think we should also give options to players." Devnull

#4 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,959 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 08:44 AM

Random idea:

Option to sort the maps by the ambient temperature in ascending or descending order, so you get the list of the maps starting with the hot maps such as Terra Therma, continuing with the moderate maps such as Emerald Taiga and ending with the cold maps such as Frozen City, or vica versa.

#5 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 04 October 2021 - 12:58 PM

View Postmartian, on 04 October 2021 - 08:44 AM, said:

Random idea:

Option to sort the maps by the ambient temperature in ascending or descending order, so you get the list of the maps starting with the hot maps such as Terra Therma, continuing with the moderate maps such as Emerald Taiga and ending with the cold maps such as Frozen City, or vica versa.

Yup, definitely add those to the Sort Options for that list. The more available choices we have, including temperature-based selection, the better. :D

~D. V. "totally on-board with adding temperature to the options for Map sorting" Devnull

#6 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 01:56 PM

Thread moved to Feature Suggestions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users