New Story And Old Campaign?

7 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 08:35 PM

Can someone explain how the story's work?

Can i start a new game and play both the original campaign and the new story from the DLC? Does the new one just work in career? I'm not sure how this all works/merges.

Any help would be great.

#2 Kyper

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 10:21 PM

Unless one of the devs answer I think this might take some time to get an answer. I did read an article though that made it sound as if you could play the main campaign, and then when you see a mission called "Operation Galahad" that is the start of the Kestrel missions (DLC missions) which leads me to believe that yes you can play the Kestrel DLC missions while also playing the main campaign.

#3 Kyper

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:52 AM

Alright I have an answer for this now, yes you can get the Kestrel missions via the Campaign. You can also start them freestanding. And start a regular career and get them.

#4 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 12:21 PM

I think in the Oldbob podcast they said you need to meet same "Date" requirements but as long you do so you can play it all.
So, if you start a Carrer i.e. later than the events in the DLC you will obviously miss them...

Edited by Thorqemada, 05 October 2021 - 12:21 PM.

#5 i64man

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 09:31 AM

So, you can start a new campaign and move the storyline until 3026 for operation Galatasaray and them wait til 3028 for operation rat. But what if you've a finished campaign around 3026/7?

#6 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:25 AM

The you need to manage your spacetravel and missiontiming a way that it does not come into a date conflict that makes you miss out on them...

#7 i64man

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 08:11 AM

Started a campaign a couple of ago and yesterday reach 03.2026 and got the message for the wargame missions.... operation galahad, at the time I just finished the cold harbor mission... awesome

#8 i64man

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 10:01 PM

Have anyone playing the campaign and finished the Davion missions in Sarna, gotten the notification for the Steiner missions? I am passed the extraction mission in the campaign but nothing on the rest. The Starman shows now aa border between davion and steiner territory. Any ideas?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users