Voice Packs

5 replies to this topic

#1 Sasuga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 04:21 PM

I'm probably going to regret this, but could we please get some voice packs?

I am so sick and tired of hearing the terrible impersonation of an Inner Sphere Surat doing an impression of a Clan Star Captain or Star Colonel.

I turned off Bitching Betty, but I still hear him, and he sounds nothing like a clan-er would sound in my mind. I mean.

"This is clan command."

WHAT? Is he saying he's the saying he's the Khan or Ilkhan?

"Few enemies remain, crush the cowards!"

Ummm, the clan had a low opinion of The Innersphere, and thought they were cowards when they would run away, or when they would use under handed tactics that didn't respect the formal rules of the Batchall. But, still.

Also, why is he telling us our objective? I mean, ok, it's sort of for newbie players, I guess, to understand this is an objective mission, or whatever, I guess... but, when I've played the game so much, and most people have played video games well enough, his voice clues aren't really that helpful nor needed. And, claners would know what their objective is before they dropped, and should know how to fight, they've been training for it their whole lives.

So, ok, so... Well, you feel you need the voice clues for newbies, or whatever.

Voice packs! Other games do it, I hate the idea of spending money on a different voice, but at the same time support the idea of paying for a voice actor to do a decent job, and not have to hear this annoying impersonation of an impersonation, that's supposed to be "Clan Command," whatever that is.

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 18 October 2021 - 07:51 PM

Seconded. I hate Star Captain Roid Rage enough that I play IS mechs almost exclusively.

#3 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,255 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 October 2021 - 03:01 AM

View PostSasuga, on 17 October 2021 - 04:21 PM, said:

I'm probably going to regret this, but could we please get some voice packs?

I am so sick and tired of hearing the terrible impersonation of an Inner Sphere Surat doing an impression of a Clan Star Captain or Star Colonel.

<<< snip >>>

Consider your want and motion for an Alternate Clanner Voice Pack as having been Thirded and thoroughly...

SUPPORTed

...by me as well. It would be nice to hear something arrive in MWO that reminds me more of "MechWarrior 2" and the intro for the Clan Wolf campaign in that game. :)

Of course if those crazy PGI Developers can manage it, they could then provide an Audio Settings Option which would allow choosing between those two Clan Voice Packs as to which one gets used. They could even do the same for the Inner Sphere side upon coming up with Alternate Voice Packs for them. ;)

By the way, Sasuga... If your particular Thread were to suddenly find a Poll present on it, then you would more than likely find my Vote in the affirmative arriving in short order. Just make sure to cover everyone by having the basic five options along the lines of...
  • Yes
  • Maybe
  • Indifferent
  • Other
  • No
...on the ballot for people to elect from, okay? B)

~D. V. "No question here... enjoyable Alternate Voice Packs would be welcomed!" Devnull

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 03:35 AM

I do not oppose the notion, but you know you can turn the CO voice off in game settings?

#5 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 31 October 2021 - 07:10 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 19 October 2021 - 03:35 AM, said:

I do not oppose the notion, but you know you can turn the CO voice off in game settings?

Yeah, but it would be nice to add a toggle… off, default, always IS, always Clan.

#6 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,255 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 31 October 2021 - 10:53 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 19 October 2021 - 03:35 AM, said:

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 31 October 2021 - 07:10 AM, said:

Yeah, but it would be nice to add a toggle… off, default, always IS, always Clan.

And of course, don't forget adding the Option to utilize any Official and/or Fan-Made types of additional Voice Packs for players to use and enjoy!!! :D

~D. V. "possibly a little too on-board with the idea of having more Voice Packs for players to choose from" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users