Mw 5 Not Recognizing Mouse Button 5

4 replies to this topic

#1 malibu43

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 01:46 PM

I have a Logitech M510 mouse that I used to use for MWO and now use for MW5. In MWO, I used mouse button 5 for weapon group 5 and it worked fine, although I rarely used that weapon group.

I hadn't tried to use that button in MW5 so far, but just tried to assign it to weapon group 5 for melee. However, its not recognizing that button correctly in the options menu. If I select weapons group 5 and press mouse button 5 to assign it, it just backs out of the assignment and lists it as none. Pressing it in game activates wep group 4 (mouse button 4 is still assign to that group and fires those weapons as well). I'm the options menu, mouse button 4 is labeled as "thumb button".

Any ideas what would cause this or why its different than MWO?

FWIW - button 4 and 5 are the browser back and forward buttons on the left side of the mouse.

Edited by malibu43, 18 October 2021 - 01:59 PM.

#2 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 03:17 PM

1 - No idea the cause.
2 - They know about this, I reported it to them, maybe not the first.
3 - Not the mouse, it is Weapon Group 5, any mouse button I tried would not take.
4 - Was told try binding another keyboard key to Weapon Group 5, once that took then try binding a mouse key in place of that. Not tried yet.

#3 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 05:18 PM

Is this a config issue that can be fixed like the Mechswitch fix by deleting the same config files?

#4 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 06:12 PM

View Postmalibu43, on 18 October 2021 - 01:46 PM, said:

I have a Logitech M510 mouse that I used to use for MWO and now use for MW5. In MWO, I used mouse button 5 for weapon group 5 and it worked fine, although I rarely used that weapon group.

I hadn't tried to use that button in MW5 so far, but just tried to assign it to weapon group 5 for melee. However, its not recognizing that button correctly in the options menu. If I select weapons group 5 and press mouse button 5 to assign it, it just backs out of the assignment and lists it as none. Pressing it in game activates wep group 4 (mouse button 4 is still assign to that group and fires those weapons as well). I'm the options menu, mouse button 4 is labeled as "thumb button".

Any ideas what would cause this or why its different than MWO?

FWIW - button 4 and 5 are the browser back and forward buttons on the left side of the mouse.

When they added melee to MW5 during the patch that accompanied the latest DLC, weapon group #5 was reserved for melee attacks. This may be why you are now unable to assign weapons to mouse button #5 or #5 on the keyboard.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 05:51 PM

i just deleted everything but the saves. actually had to because my performance was *** after upgrading to the dlc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users