Jump to content

Viridian Bog - Reborn?

Maps

31 replies to this topic

#21 Scout Derek

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 7,965 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 20 October 2021 - 02:18 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 October 2021 - 10:30 AM, said:


Seriously?

Literally all that did was make each side more balanced. I fail to see how that could possibly be a bad thing.

All of the other changes have barely made it better for "snipers", if at all. And even if they did, this map was unfriendly to sniping before, so giving sniping a nudge up on this map was definitely called for. Sorry you don't like the sniping playstyle but being balanced is more important than catering to the opinions of a handful of players that hate sniping (but are no doubt totally cool with LRM boating because reasons and stuff).

there's a few new sniper spots, whether they're entirely useful is up for debate, I'd say in the current state of where cap points and domination circle is, Viridian is more or less the same still, with the exception of a few new areas to navigate QoL wise.

#22 Nomad Tech

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,394 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 October 2021 - 06:43 PM

No difference its the same.. they needed to remove that silly mountain from the middle.

#23 Mochyn Pupur

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 502 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 24 October 2021 - 01:21 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 October 2021 - 10:30 AM, said:


Seriously?

Literally all that did was make each side more balanced. I fail to see how that could possibly be a bad thing.

All of the other changes have barely made it better for "snipers", if at all. And even if they did, this map was unfriendly to sniping before, so giving sniping a nudge up on this map was definitely called for. Sorry you don't like the sniping playstyle but being balanced is more important than catering to the opinions of a handful of players that hate sniping (but are no doubt totally cool with LRM boating because reasons and stuff).


This is the problem . . . you support a homogenised map with no shift in emphasis from what is becoming a single play style. One of the few plusses to Viridian was that it was a more brawl intensive map, so to become yet another stand and poke at distance one, shows zero insight from the developers in how to offer diverse maps and experiences.

Also, if you are going to quote someone else's post, include the other aspects that support the commentary and for the love of anyone with an IQ above 10 (struggling to see how you cross that barrier here) don't try to even guess what style people play without trying to use, at least in some part, those few brain cells that allow you to stay above the level of the primates. Anyone can do it, but just takes a little effort or is it a case of "I fail to see"?

#24 The6thMessenger

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 7,752 posts
  • LocationUnder 60KPH in an Urbanmech with a UAC20. Sending people to their makers.

Posted 24 October 2021 - 01:33 AM

View PostMechaGnome, on 23 October 2021 - 06:43 PM, said:

No difference its the same.. they needed to remove that silly mountain from the middle.


Not necessarily. Though probably putting a cave hole in between would make it interesting.

#25 pbiggz

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,961 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 24 October 2021 - 11:38 AM

View PostPeppaPig, on 24 October 2021 - 01:21 AM, said:


Other people play the game a way I don't like and I don't like that because then I have to play the game differently from the way I do like so I do not lose and that is not fair to me personally so if you play the game a way I don't like then you are actually bad and stupid and ruining the game and the developer is pandering to you for being bad and stupid and I am right all the time and much better at clicking bad robots than you because I play the game the way I like and not the way I do not like and you play the game the way I do not like and not the way I do like.



#26 JC Daxion

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 02:10 PM

I'm really liking the map reworks, I love the new polar, Canyon is much better with out that stupid hill everyone ran around, even caustic i find interesting though i haven't played it that much. HPG i'm liking more and more.

New bog seams a bit more balanced for those non-JJ mechs, and it feels a bit more open. I know i'm really excited for the new map in dec though, can't wait!

#27 Ratiborus

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 116 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 26 October 2021 - 02:23 PM

Hey, lads!
Maybe someone experienced unbearable lags on this map? The map was laggy before rework, it's even worse now. As soon as i look in the direction of enemies fps drops to about ~5. Not sure what's the matter with that map specifically.
Same thing happens to my pal and he's got some pretty beefy laptop - i9, 64Gb RAM, RAID SSD and 2x3080.

#28 Ekson Valdez

    Volunteer Moderator

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 09:10 PM



This thread has been moved to Map Feedback / Viridian Bog


View PostRatiborus, on 26 October 2021 - 02:23 PM, said:

Hey, lads!
Maybe someone experienced unbearable lags on this map? The map was laggy before rework, it's even worse now. As soon as i look in the direction of enemies fps drops to about ~5. Not sure what's the matter with that map specifically.
Same thing happens to my pal and he's got some pretty beefy laptop - i9, 64Gb RAM, RAID SSD and 2x3080.

Try to clear your shader cache / run the repair tool if you are on the standalone launcher. This could help.

#29 Nomad Tech

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,394 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 October 2021 - 12:09 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 24 October 2021 - 01:33 AM, said:


Not necessarily. Though probably putting a cave hole in between would make it interesting.


It imo just makes players run at it and get killed.. i see it nearly every match they run there and get sniped..

Plus it tends to cause some nascar.

Edited by MechaGnome, 27 October 2021 - 12:10 AM.


#30 The6thMessenger

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 7,752 posts
  • LocationUnder 60KPH in an Urbanmech with a UAC20. Sending people to their makers.

Posted 27 October 2021 - 12:28 AM

View PostMechaGnome, on 27 October 2021 - 12:09 AM, said:


It imo just makes players run at it and get killed.. i see it nearly every match they run there and get sniped..

Plus it tends to cause some nascar.


It's a central area, of course they are going to clash in those, it's not the mountain. There's also the other plateau with mountain, and the pass in between.

#31 Ratiborus

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 116 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 27 October 2021 - 10:59 AM

View PostEkson Valdez, on 26 October 2021 - 09:10 PM, said:

[mod]This thread has been moved to Map Feedback / Viridian Bog[/mod] Try to clear your shader cache / run the repair tool if you are on the standalone launcher. This could help.

Unfortunately, that didn't help at all.

#32 LordNothing

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14,713 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 05:28 PM

i petition we rename 'viridian bog reborn' to 'viridian bog: extra ramps edition'.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users