30 replies to this topic

#21 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 October 2021 - 12:13 PM

honestly meta should be the last thing on your mind when building a mech. it should be more about what is fun while still being effective. this is my build for the mech....

WHM-6R (MRM40 (5t ammo), 3 L-PPC, AMS (1/2t ammo) runnin an LE-335 and 4 DHS. Endo and LFF (had to strip the arms and 20 pnts from each leg)

had to strip armor to make it work but its fun. i don't think its meta and the missile box makes one hell of a target but its fun, thats all that maters. been thinking of switching to a dual RAC/5 build of some kind though.

#22 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 25 October 2021 - 12:30 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 25 October 2021 - 12:13 PM, said:

honestly meta should be the last thing on your mind when building a mech. it should be more about what is fun while still being effective. this is my build for the mech....

WHM-6R (MRM40 (5t ammo), 3 L-PPC, AMS (1/2t ammo) runnin an LE-335 and 4 DHS. Endo and LFF (had to strip the arms and 20 pnts from each leg)

had to strip armor to make it work but its fun. i don't think its meta and the missile box makes one hell of a target but its fun, thats all that maters. been thinking of switching to a dual RAC/5 build of some kind though.

You should check that build out on a Warhammer 7S. It has a 40% velocity boost. MRMs on it are amazing.

#23 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 October 2021 - 01:15 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 25 October 2021 - 12:13 PM, said:

If you cut the engine to a 325LFE you can swap to a LAMS and up-armor the legs. All you lose is about two and a half KPH.

#24 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 25 October 2021 - 01:24 PM

View PostEscef, on 25 October 2021 - 01:15 PM, said:

If you cut the engine to a 325LFE you can swap to a LAMS and up-armor the legs. All you lose is about two and a half KPH.

I've never found any point in switching from AMS to LAMS. Sure, the heat cost has been nerfed, but AMS is zero heat and the ammo count was recently doubled in size and no longer explodes. it's a rare game when I run out with a full ton of ammo. (Rare, but profitable. Free sky candy!)

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 25 October 2021 - 01:25 PM.

#25 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 October 2021 - 01:45 PM

i already have 3 Warhammers. don't really want another so i will make builds with what i have (all given to me through free giveaway events)

#26 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 27 October 2021 - 09:24 PM

meta and Alphas good in coordinated Fights with RushBrawlMobs or coordinated Firelines ,in the random QP is more effective the Damage over Time from many new Positions and Ranges.

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 27 October 2021 - 09:25 PM.

#27 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 03:55 PM

Well been using the 2 LBX 10 5 meds lasers, and it is mixxed, i got less kills then with 2 rotary cannons, i do try longer range shots, i guess i am just better at waiting and let the mech walk out, and then he take a full load, more face time for me, but all he is seeing is fire.
Still leveling him up, but i am starting to think rotary again with a 2 and a 5 rotary, maybe 2 5 rotary, the thing is---------------- i am opening my face time more, but there running from it, saw the same effect with 3 ultra 2 and 3 med lasers on my timberwolf, so any way i will give the LBX a few more runs.

SAWK clanner, challenge me, i am a khan of clan, but the only left LOL

#28 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,698 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 October 2021 - 10:13 PM

Which is why a burst-based build might be more useful, like the 2xUAC10+4xML on LFE300 thta was mentioned earlier. Try it :)

#29 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 10:29 PM

View PostSawk, on 28 October 2021 - 03:55 PM, said:

Well been using the 2 LBX 10 5 meds lasers, and it is mixxed, i got less kills then with 2 rotary cannons, i do try longer range shots, i guess i am just better at waiting and let the mech walk out, and then he take a full load, more face time for me, but all he is seeing is fire.
Still leveling him up, but i am starting to think rotary again with a 2 and a 5 rotary, maybe 2 5 rotary, the thing is---------------- i am opening my face time more, but there running from it, saw the same effect with 3 ultra 2 and 3 med lasers on my timberwolf, so any way i will give the LBX a few more runs.

SAWK clanner, challenge me, i am a khan of clan, but the only left LOL

Rotary Autocannons are useful only against players who do not know how to react, stand there in the open and eat that RAC fire.

You should use UACs (or at least LBX ACs) because you want to dish out the maximum damage to enemy 'Mechs before they even know what hit them.

#30 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 03:55 PM

well i guess, you just started the KEY of knowledge, i do find more folks in the open, and i would like to add, i run in tier 5, some in tier 4, i only get burdened, if folks knows me, or if the team really has no clue and get run over. so at that point i need that 1 guy to pound on, maybe more.
one more thing i do have madcat with 2 ultra 10s and 4 med, its ok but the 10s can jam--- as compared with 5, its all based on a random number, it is test able to see this random number, anyway
its the end of the month, i run this mech with the LBX 10, and be done, and if you TEIR 1 guys challenge me, i can rebuild : ).

SAWK

#31 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 November 2021 - 08:36 AM

yeah i almost never run UACs because RNjesus hates my ***. half the time they jam up on the first trigger pull even in mechs that have Jam Chance quirks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users