Moral / Self Preservation For Npc, Would You Like It?

1 reply to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 04:26 AM

IIRC the NPCs are supposed to eject if their mechs don't have weapons anymore...also I haven't seen this happen often I like it.

Would you like to see this kind of behavior be expanded? Like when a mech is heavly damaged that they try to hang back behind less damaged enemys or that they even try to get away from combat.

I mean after all Mechs, espacialy at the beginning of the campaign, are a very valuable thing.
So shouldn't pilots try to get the mech back home, even if its only half a mech?

Same would be nice for your own lance. I mean should your teammates try to fight to the death or do you prefer it when they try to get some distance between themself and the enemy. Trying to bring the mech back in a somewhat useable state.

Would you like something like that to be implemented?
PS: Lets not start a discussion about "PGI beeing able to or not". I think that horse has been beaten enough. Lets just have a fun discussion about how this could work and if its something desireable for the game.

#2 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 06:08 AM

I like the panic system of BT, when pilots eject under certain circumstances that increase their panic level to the needed level.

It makes a more engageing and deep gameplay, if you can not mindlessly sacrifice your pilots.

I also would have liked if the AI would have more missions where they try to escape their way out when the odds have turned against them big enough - i feel sad to kill off fish in a barrel.

Some of my most memorable games where BT games that i had to flee from (either with the mission objective fulfilled or not).

The whole retreat and/or negoiate yourself out of a mess thing is very underdeveloped in the MW games when it in reality adds a whole new layer or risk-reward determination.

Instad of killing anything amove off - finding a way of least resistance, doing your mission objective and retreat with the least incoming damage to make a win a financial/material gain is to me totally motivating and fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users