Game idea

5 replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 09:56 AM

Just had the idea that when a system, like a weapon, is damaged it degrades before destruction.

Lets say you have ML LvL3. It gets damaged during battle, note no system can be imidiatly destroyed. Now back in the repair bay you can choose

a) Replace the ML with whatever you have in spare (normal way of doing this)
B) Repair the ML. That would degrade it to a LvL2 but dosn't need a replacement.
c) Disasseble another ML to get the damaged one to LvL 3 again.

Optinal option d) Disassebling a ML of equal or higher quality lets you LvL up you ML one LvL. So in this case damage state is LvL2 to LvL4 (not LvL3 that would be option c)

I think this would be a pretty neat mechanic to get rid of all the stuff you have lying around in a sensefull manner instead of just dumping everything for C-Bills.

It would also let you use your highest LvL equipment more. I mean, maybe I am alone with this but equiping my lancemates with a LvL5 weapon...it allways makes me feel uneasy about it. Hell I don't even equip it in my mechs except its a side torso weapon because other parts get blown of so often. Yah I am a bad pilot ^_^

Anyway I think this would make for a more interesting system and a kinda realistic one. Useing what you have to repair stuff instead of throwing C-bills at it and its fixed.

A side question to this is, can a modder do such a system or would we need PGI to do it?

#2 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 28 October 2021 - 06:48 AM

No, that's just making the system even more hard to get around that it currently is.
Also, you can never have enought C-Bills.

#3 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 07:43 AM

In what way is it makeing things harder?
Currently when something is broken it needs to be replaced. When you loose a T5 items its gone.
When you use my idea you could get things back to T5.

As for haveing Cbills. Except for the beginning, do you ever have not enough cbills?
Also I am sitting on a mounten of equipment that I will never use other then just throw them on the market for CBills.
I find that kinda boring. Makeing the best with what you have got and improve it, that is interesting.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 03:15 PM

i just wish the rare stuff was a little less rare. especially put them in the loot boxes you pick up in mission.

#5 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 08:47 AM

I think the Merctech mod does something that is a little like that bcs weapons can have have impaired functionality when damaged until repaired but its not that they are levelled down permanently.

#6 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 04:10 PM

TT was going to have something like this once.
First two modules hinted at it. Both described elite units that had permanent battle damage on half their Mechs.
Lasers that reversed Heat and Damage values, ammo weapons with problems, armor and structure locations that were permanently reduced in max values. One Mech was the first FrankenMech made of parts from 2 different Mechs.
Players wanted rules how to simulate this dystopia type feeling for their own units.

Then rules for repair came out and you were told your noob tech fresh out of the academy could take the remaining half a Mech after a battle and fully repair it to showroom perfect quality complete with new paint and shine.

That was the day lore went out the window and BT became a meme game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users