So, Iron Cheetah When?

21 replies to this topic

#1 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 08:49 AM

For those who aren't familiar, the Iron Cheetah was a MechForce (non-canon) original design for a 100-ton Clan omnimech that had a top speed of 65 kph or so. It's basically a cross between a Timber Wolf, Dire Wolf, and Warhawk, and a Clan Smoke Jaguar design.

The Iron Cheetah was just made canon in the ilClan Recognition Guide Vol. 19:

Posted Image

...and it has an introduction date of 3054!

So if it had an intro date of 3054, why aren't we seeing it until now? I really don't know as I don't have that recognition guide yet, but I imagine it was probably produced in small numbers only in the Clan Homeworlds, never setting foot in the Inner Sphere due to Clan Smoke Jaguar's destruction in Operation Bulldog. Now that Alaric Ward brought Clan Smoke Jaguar back to life during the IlClan events, this design looks like it's coming back!

That said, I'd absolutely buy the heck out of this thing, especially if it were paired in a pack with the Firemoth, the last of the original 16 TRO:3050 Clan omnis not in MWO Posted Image

Edited by TELEFORCE, 26 October 2021 - 08:50 AM.

#2 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,705 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 26 October 2021 - 09:25 AM

Not as beautiful and stylish as my beloved Crusader but I like it I'd buy one.
Posted Image

#3 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 26 October 2021 - 09:47 AM

View PostTELEFORCE, on 26 October 2021 - 08:49 AM, said:

So if it had an intro date of 3054, why aren't we seeing it until now?

That said, I'd absolutely buy the heck out of this thing, especially if it were paired in a pack with the Firemoth, the last of the original 16 TRO:3050 Clan omnis not in MWO Posted Image

We are still missing designs from the unseen like Novakaine's beloved Crusader and like you already stated, the Firemoth which is way long overdue in MW:O that should have been present during the clan invasion packs. There are other designs like the Bullshark from HBS which is pretty much ready to go. Don't forget the folks that want IS Omnimechs, and all of the other nostalgia mechs like the Stone Rhino in line that people would pay way more money for than the Iron Cheetah.

PGI has stated that the Dervish was going to be the last mech that we would see for awhile, which IMO is an awkward mech to leave off from in MW:O if that is truly the last mech released for the game. I believe that there should be more mechs due to the fact that I am really not interested in newer variations of current existing mechs. PGI will eventually have to make a compromise after the end of this year when MW:5 Mercs is off their radar.

#4 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 October 2021 - 10:16 AM

We're not going to see the Firemoth. It's top speed is so high that the netcode won't be able to handle it.

#5 ghostrider

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 10:25 AM

Longbow wen?

#6 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 10:40 AM

View PostEscef, on 26 October 2021 - 10:16 AM, said:

We're not going to see the Firemoth. It's top speed is so high that the netcode won't be able to handle it.

PGI could add it if they wanted to. Even if it was at reduced speed people would still buy it. They would have to compensate for the lack of speed like how the Hellbringer doesn't have it's anti personnel pods, while being one of the strongest clan laser vomit mechs. Never say never.

#7 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 October 2021 - 10:49 AM

View PostValdarion Silarius, on 26 October 2021 - 10:40 AM, said:

PGI could add it if they wanted to. Even if it was at reduced speed people would still buy it.

Have you looked at this community lately? People would throw a royal fit if PGI dumbed down the Firemoth. PGI does not want to deal with the PR fiasco it would be.

Edited by Escef, 26 October 2021 - 10:49 AM.

#8 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,705 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 26 October 2021 - 10:58 AM

OOOoo you made my toes curl.
Posted Image

#9 GoodTry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 11:36 AM

BattleTech:BEX has the Crusader and Longbow, and they are some of the most common mechs in certain time periods.

That game did nothing to sell me on them for MWO :-)

#10 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,980 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 26 October 2021 - 12:49 PM

keep the ideas coming guys

I need a distraction form how crap this game is right now

#11 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 01:18 PM

So many mechs missing. Hey beside the Crusader guy...didn't we had a quads guy or are they the same?

Oh and since it was mentioned in the Podcast ... the Battletech AT-AT ^_^
Posted Image

#12 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 03:34 PM

Could always get, y'know...loadout details for the thing. Would like to know what the awkwardly named Champion-looking Clammer Fatbro has.

Though to be fair, Clan pilots aren't allowed to want new 'Mechs. Nah. All new 'Mechs must conform to the 'Mech Dad Nostalgia List to ensure maximum short-term profit and minimum long-term sales and viability. Clan 'mechs are not nostalgic, and therefore are banned from MWO forever. Piranha must introduce the Crusader, the Longbow, the Wasp, the Stinger, the Valkyrie, the Hermes, the Bombardier, the Chameleon, the Clint, the Sentinel, the Guillotine, the Night Hawk, the Hussar, the Grand Titan, the Whitworthless, the Lancelot, the Mercury, the Mongoose, the Pillager, the Shootist, the Wyvern, and the Viking before even one single Clan 'Mech will be permitted to be so much as theorycrafted.

#13 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,846 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 26 October 2021 - 03:37 PM

View Post1453 R, on 26 October 2021 - 03:34 PM, said:

Though to be fair, Clan pilots aren't allowed to want new 'Mechs. Nah. All new 'Mechs must conform to the 'Mech Dad Nostalgia List to ensure maximum short-term profit and minimum long-term sales and viability. Clan 'mechs are not nostalgic, and therefore are banned from MWO forever. Piranha must introduce the Crusader, the Longbow, the Wasp, the Stinger, the Valkyrie, the Hermes, the Bombardier, the Chameleon, the Clint, the Sentinel, the Guillotine, the Night Hawk, the Hussar, the Grand Titan, the Whitworthless, the Lancelot, the Mercury, the Mongoose, the Pillager, the Shootist, the Wyvern, and the Viking before even one single Clan 'Mech will be permitted to be so much as theorycrafted.

Well... if you insist. Posted Image

#14 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 26 October 2021 - 04:17 PM

Posted Image

Give me Urbie-IIC or give me death.

#15 MrMadguy

• 2,202 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 09:24 PM

View PostTELEFORCE, on 26 October 2021 - 08:49 AM, said:

Posted Image

Do we really need Dire Wolf with MKII's CT?

#16 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 11:46 PM

View PostMrMadguy, on 26 October 2021 - 09:24 PM, said:

Do we really need Dire Wolf with MKII's CT?

No, frankly we don't need any new mechs because we can build anything in the mechlab by now but do we want one? That is the more importend question. ^_^

#17 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,969 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 10:05 AM

View Post1453 R, on 26 October 2021 - 03:34 PM, said:

Though to be fair, Clan pilots aren't allowed to want new 'Mechs. Nah. All new 'Mechs must conform to the 'Mech Dad Nostalgia List to ensure maximum short-term profit and minimum long-term sales and viability. Clan 'mechs are not nostalgic, and therefore are banned from MWO forever.

PGI gave you the Rifleman IIC. That was not even three years ago. Posted Image You should not be too demanding.

#18 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 01:05 PM

View Postmartian, on 06 November 2021 - 10:05 AM, said:

PGI gave you the Rifleman IIC. That was not even three years ago. Posted Image You should not be too demanding.

Gave is subjective since I pushed for that mech going all the way back to 2015. Don't trigger my harmony gold lawsuit "muh unseens" PTSD after that fiasco. What PGI gave us was a slap to the crybabies over at HG on something they didn't own the property rights to. We should be thankful that we hopefully don't have anymore irate manchildren stomping their feet over japanese robot designs for the time being.

#19 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,969 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 11:21 AM

View PostValdarion Silarius, on 06 November 2021 - 01:05 PM, said:

Gave is subjective since I pushed for that mech going all the way back to 2015. Don't trigger my harmony gold lawsuit "muh unseens" PTSD after that fiasco. What PGI gave us was a slap to the crybabies over at HG on something they didn't own the property rights to. We should be thankful that we hopefully don't have anymore irate manchildren stomping their feet over japanese robot designs for the time being.

Yeah, I have noticed your signature ... Posted Image

#20 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,829 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 09 November 2021 - 03:26 PM

View PostValdarion Silarius, on 06 November 2021 - 01:05 PM, said:

I'm glad I supported you to get that mech been in top 10 most fun heavies I ran in a while.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users