Is Pilots Playing With Clan Mechs In Invasion Mode

11 replies to this topic

#1 Gigaszi

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 10:30 AM

I only play with clan mechs, and I played liked 5 games in invasion mode today. The first 4 was all good, (although we lost every of them), but the fifth was weird, because some of the enemy were playing with clan mechs, and the others were playing with inner sphere mechs. As far as I know, inner sphere pilots can only play with inner sphere mechs, and clan pilots can only play with clan mechs. I'm sure I saw clan mechs, because I have played a lot this game, so I can recognize every clan mech. They weren't specific mech variants either, because they were using for example Hellbringers and Supernovas, which are clan mechs of course, and they don't have inner sphere variants like Marauder IIC or Hunchback IIC. When I locked them, they were also using clan weapons, not inner sphere ones. So this is strange, because I cannot use inner sphere mechs, but inner sphere pilots can use both clan and IS mechs?? This sounds a bit unfair for me... So is this normal or not? And if this is normal what are the rules then?

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,664 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 31 October 2021 - 11:34 AM

View PostGigaszi, on 31 October 2021 - 10:30 AM, said:

I only play with clan mechs, and I played liked 5 games in invasion mode today. The first 4 was all good, (although we lost every of them), but the fifth was weird, because some of the enemy were playing with clan mechs, and the others were playing with inner sphere mechs. As far as I know, inner sphere pilots can only play with inner sphere mechs, and clan pilots can only play with clan mechs. I'm sure I saw clan mechs, because I have played a lot this game, so I can recognize every clan mech. They weren't specific mech variants either, because they were using for example Hellbringers and Supernovas, which are clan mechs of course, and they don't have inner sphere variants like Marauder IIC or Hunchback IIC. When I locked them, they were also using clan weapons, not inner sphere ones. So this is strange, because I cannot use inner sphere mechs, but inner sphere pilots can use both clan and IS mechs?? This sounds a bit unfair for me... So is this normal or not? And if this is normal what are the rules then?

You sure you had dropped into FP and not the Soup Queue? :) Did you take a screenshot? At anytime you can hit Print Screen and it will save a screenshot in your Saved Game folder, especially the End of Game Results (3 tabs available on this screen). Then saved screenshot you would need to upload it to a hosting site, such as imgur.com.

C:\Users\W10-11 log in name\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\ScreenShots

#3 Gigaszi

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 12:24 PM

Umm, I'm not exactly sure what is a soup queue, but it was indeed in faction play, invasion mode, I think faction play and invasion are the same, right? The fight was against clan steel viper versus house Davion, we were on the defending side (I was playing for clan steel vipers) and the map was called "Sulfuorus rift". I didn't take screenshots, sadly. Maybe this soup queue changed something? I don't know what does it mean Posted Image

#4 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 31 October 2021 - 03:10 PM

It's a bug that happens occasionally. Like you might see it once every other year, if you play lots and lots of faction play.

#5 Gigaszi

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 09:58 PM

I see, thanks. So they weren't Inner sphere pilots, but clan pilots in the wrong side. Because I guess the bug is not that IS pilots can put clan mechs in their decks, but when the game start clan pilots gets in the wrong side.

#6 Brian Davion

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 10:56 PM

honestly salvage is common eneugh in battletech that they should consider letting every IS pilot have one clan mech in their deck and every clanner have one IS mech in their deck

#7 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 08:34 AM

No

#8 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 01 November 2021 - 03:53 PM

View PostGigaszi, on 31 October 2021 - 09:58 PM, said:

I see, thanks. So they weren't Inner sphere pilots, but clan pilots in the wrong side. Because I guess the bug is not that IS pilots can put clan mechs in their decks, but when the game start clan pilots gets in the wrong side.

No, you had it right the first time. For example, it's possible to be playing on the clan side, but it will let you drop using an IS drop deck. It happens rarely, but it is possible. I do not know under what conditions it happens - it probably has to do with the game not recognizing (for example) that you were IS (with an IS drop deck), and then you switch sides to clan, but it let you stay in that IS drop deck (normally you're forced to switch to a clan drop deck at that point).

Someone might know the exact conditions required for it to happen, but if so I have not heard.

Edited by Khalcruth, 01 November 2021 - 03:54 PM.

#9 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 04:12 AM

Yes, this glitch happened two days ago: https://www.twitch.t...wo4Mbyi5fJM9yp4

Edited by Aivazovsky, 02 November 2021 - 04:13 AM.

#10 7Zebras

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 08:27 AM

Can someone [redacted] allow me to glitch this way? Make it so number 1!

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 04 November 2021 - 11:25 PM.

#11 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 November 2021 - 12:15 PM

View Post7Zebras, on 03 November 2021 - 08:27 AM, said:

Can someone [redacted] allow me to glitch this way? Make it so number 1!
Better not.
https://mwomercs.com/conduct

Discussing the use of hacks, scripts, or cheats.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 04 November 2021 - 11:25 PM.
quote clean-up

#12 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 02:20 PM

When the phase ends there is a 60sec ceasefire and possibly the IS and Clans switching being attack and defense. This doesn't happen very often (once per week). The lobby last for 90 seconds. So, if you are get in the lobby in the last tick before a ceasefire during such a phase change, you can possible be switched from IS to Clan or vice versa in the last 30 seconds of your lobby time and you can pick a drop deck for that new faction.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users