How To Make The Best Out Of Your Ai In Solo Games. Guide

3 replies to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 12:18 AM

I found this older guide by random chance - Guide to Mech AI and how to use it:
How to make the best out of your AI in solo games. Guide : Mechwarrior5 (reddit.com)

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 02:23 AM

Interesting find. I never noticed the Mechbay-position relation or paid attention to it.
I would love it when the formation would actualy stay relativ to where you go and not fall in behind you.
Also some selection of formations would be nice, like line formations, triangle, support formations, etc.

With the latest update/DLC the AI seams to have become passable. I mean I just stood at a hill and watched them actualy take care of some targets. That was a plesant surprise.
The still take to long to kill other mechs. Tanks and VTOLs, no problem but mechs....seriously focus your fire on damaged parts. PGI can you tweak the AI in that regard? It would be nice for me to just shoot a leg, for example and then give an attack order to the lance, knowing that they will from now target the leg as its the most damaged part.

#3 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 06:41 AM

Some deeper AI Pilot Quirks would be nice - like goes for Legs, goes for Heads, goes for the most dangerous enemy Mech Weapon, goes for the weakest Armor sport, goest after the support (kills Tanks and VTOLs first), goes after structures (turrets, artillery, target buildings) etc.

Could make a nice force multiplayer to have the adequat pilots chosen for specific tasks.

Edited by Thorqemada, 01 November 2021 - 08:19 AM.

#4 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 06:10 PM

I would say #1 is incorrect now, since the Lancers DLC I have noticed it changes in unpredictable ways.
Before a Mission, I would put Freeman in slot 2, Goblin in slot 3, a random in slot 4.
I go into Mission, random is in slot 2, Freeman in slot 3, Goblin in slot 4.
Same setup before Mission then enter, Goblin is slot 2, random slot 3, Freeman slot 4.

Something broke.

The part about a 34km/ph Anni and a 130km/ph Spider is fale, if the Annie goes 34, the Spider goes 34 and stays ahead and to the side of you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users