Why Haven't You Fixed The Upgrades Getting Lost On Cold Storage Yet?

6 replies to this topic

#1 PancakeBunny

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 04:48 AM

Move a mech to cold storage and all it's expensive and time consuming upgrades are gone in a blink, why? Think about it:

In-game upgrades and their descriptions:

Responsive Movement II:
"additional electrical connection to the myomer bundles bla bla bla...." even if you take the mech apart to store it, you'd remove the myomers? if so why are they any different when put back? where's the logic in that?

Reduced Heat Spikes:
a new coolant pump within mech moves extra coolant... etc etc, Unless Fahad steals and sell the new pump so that he can drown himself in timbiki dark is the reason... there's no feasible one as to why this or any upgrade is lost.

thats why this either got to be a bug or an oversight, because it only brings senseless detrimental effects, not even challenging ones, just months of work, millions of cbill waste and less reasons to use the variety of mechs out there, just stick to your upgraded ones so to not lose them. this needs to be changed.

Edited by PancakeBunny, 07 November 2021 - 04:52 AM.

#2 Mechammer555

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 05:10 PM

Yeah, I lost millions of C-bills in upgrades until I downloaded this mod. https://www.nexusmod...naries/mods/514

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 12:56 AM

That is quite an intersting mod. Thanks for poiting that out.

As for PGI...it seams possible to fix that problem and someone allready did it for you. Just implement the mod as a patch. Thanks.

#4 Andrewlik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 07:18 AM

View PostPancakeBunny, on 07 November 2021 - 04:48 AM, said:

Move a mech to cold storage and all it's expensive and time consuming upgrades are gone in a blink, why? Think about it:

In-game upgrades and their descriptions:

Responsive Movement II:
"additional electrical connection to the myomer bundles bla bla bla...." even if you take the mech apart to store it, you'd remove the myomers? if so why are they any different when put back? where's the logic in that?

Reduced Heat Spikes:
a new coolant pump within mech moves extra coolant... etc etc, Unless Fahad steals and sell the new pump so that he can drown himself in timbiki dark is the reason... there's no feasible one as to why this or any upgrade is lost.

thats why this either got to be a bug or an oversight, because it only brings senseless detrimental effects, not even challenging ones, just months of work, millions of cbill waste and less reasons to use the variety of mechs out there, just stick to your upgraded ones so to not lose them. this needs to be changed.

because its not a bug, its a feature.

I don't agree with said feature but that's their position iirc.

#5 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 18 November 2021 - 07:51 AM

Posted Image

#6 Spinning Broccoli

• PipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 December 2021 - 11:42 PM

I wish upgrades were preserved by default or there was a checkbox setting for it, like there is for flipping the damage visualisation paper doll.

I’m mainly thinking about the endgame here. Once you collect your mech lineup to be able to do those 400 ton multi-missions, you are basically stuck with it with the current system. If you want to fly back to lower tonnage territory to do simpler missions, you have to troll them with top-tier assault mechs and weapons because changing your lineup is simply too expensive in c-bills and time, due to the upgrades vanishing off stored mechs. This makes hunting those completionist achievements quite boring, as mission variety stops pretty early on.

#7 PancakeBunny

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 December 2021 - 10:44 AM

View PostAndrewlik, on 18 November 2021 - 07:18 AM, said:

because its not a bug, its a feature.

I don't agree with said feature but that's their position iirc.

oh and no, its not a feature, at best it's an oversight by PGI when they implemented upgrades, they didn't changed the code to preserve upgrades, so in a way, its a bug after all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users