The Clans !

3 replies to this topic

#1 Henolikeme Kurita

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 08:57 AM

Ok we need an open ended campaign going to and including the Clan invasion up to the Operation to destroy Clan Smoke Jaguar, [color=#000000]Task Force Serpent.[/color]

[color=#000000] Where you can play against the Clans. [/color]
[color=#000000]Also you need to be able to search out old Star League Brain Cashes.[/color][color=#000000] [/color]

[color=#000000]Thoughts anyone, Dev or otherwise ?[/color]

#2 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 November 2021 - 01:05 PM

Need? No.

Want? Heck, yes.

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 01:44 PM

Oh I don't want to play the early part of the clan invasion. First and formost all the nice tech would be put behind a time-wall...so to say. So like LBX cannons don't are put in place before Clan arrive etc.

That would mean if you should face the clans before the IS catches up you would face far supperior Clan mechs that shred you to bits. At least when its supposed to be lore conform.

Sure for the game they could change that to be more "fun" but then again what is the point of bringing the clans into the game if they are just other bullet sponges with different colored lazors ^_^

Frankly a campaign or missions around the Clans should make you feel like you are fighting a loosing battle. Just one retreat after the other with heavy losses before you finaly be able to stand on equal terms before you can finaly push them back.

That would be quite a bit of endgame content as you would loose a lot of equipment at the beginning so you need a very well stocked up merc unit with lots of credits.
The other way could be to have lots of NPCs around you, fighting with you, similar to the last DLC where you had larger fights, so you can have the "we are getting murdered" part without the player loosing to much.

The biggest problem would be how to create it in a way that its still "fun" for the player without them quitting.
Reminds me fo Wing Commander Saga where things also looked pretty bad at the beginning and even the end battle was tough as nails. Man that game had some frustrating missions but it was worth it !

#4 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 23 November 2021 - 11:13 AM

Maybe I'm just weird but I'd like to go back in time for once. Seems like so much of Battletech/MW takes place around the 4th succession war or clans/post clan invasion. I'd like to go back to the star league or 1st/2nd succession wars and see some of that story.

-k

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users