52 replies to this topic

#21 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 13 November 2021 - 04:17 AM

View PostMechaGnome, on 13 November 2021 - 04:12 AM, said:

Nice mech but tends to fall apart fast under combined fire..

What doesn't? Posted Image

#22 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 November 2021 - 05:18 AM

View PostCh_R0me, on 13 November 2021 - 12:32 AM, said:

You're fine buddy, also saw that "error".

<< Hears some Jaguar hissing >>

Well, at least it means I'm not crazy. I wonder if they would give me a "Developer Kill Medallion" (or some random Mech that has a Special Default Camo maybe... or perhaps some WarHorns... or some other Hanging Cockpit Items...) for seeing & posting about it first. Probably not, but you know, I just gotta be silly and dream about it... :P

View PostCh_R0me, on 13 November 2021 - 12:32 AM, said:

And to finish things up: some @TheB33f. Posted Image

TheB33f - The Direstar [Guide] - YouTube (3:30)

Indeed... Gotta be glad that EBJ was a friendly. ;)

At least, I think it was a friendly... :o

~D. V. "thankful to not be out of their mind... also just enjoying the funny with 'TheB33f'..." Devnull

#23 Oberst Jaime Wolf

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 November 2021 - 05:22 AM

Thx pgi. Pls change blood orange to another colour, we had that one last month.

#24 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 13 November 2021 - 09:25 AM

Fun fact for any BattleTech Newbs.

The IS called the Ebon Jag the Cauldron Born, after a type of Celtic Mythical zombie, because they were stupidly hard to kill and just kept coming when they first encountered them.

#25 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 13 November 2021 - 01:04 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 13 November 2021 - 09:25 AM, said:

The IS called the Ebon Jag the Cauldron Born, after a type of Celtic Mythical zombie, because they were stupidly hard to kill and just kept coming when they first encountered them.

It's also a rare case where most of the Clans preferred to use the IS name of the mech rather than the original Clan name, excluding the Smoke Jags who created it. But they're not around anymore so their opinion doesn't really matter anymore...

Cauldron Born > Ebon Jaguar

#26 Deeber

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 90 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 November 2021 - 04:04 PM

For newer players who might be interested, the Ebon Jaguar has one of the most 'open' cockpit views out of all the mechs in this game. From memory, it'd be up there in the top five or six in that regard (in my opinion).

While I'm here: I hope everyone's doing well. Still around and dropping by from time to time. Check out my teammate BrioS's channels ("Clan BRxV" on YouTube and "brios_brxv" on Twitch) for friendly and educational MWO content with a non-American accent. Posted Image

#27 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 08:35 AM

View PostSouthernDad, on 12 November 2021 - 05:03 PM, said:

Wasn't "Blood Orange" a color from last month?

With the "Bloody Knife" decal on top of that. Posted Image

Nice mech but tends to fall apart fast under combined fire.. I like them but they can feel a bit paper thin.

The trick is to spread the damage across all sections of your Cauldron-Born.

The Cauldron-Born can survive a pretty serious beating - 13% health is not much Posted Image

I was glad that I survived. See the picture:

Posted Image

"Chief, I have got a small problem with my 'Mech. ...." Posted Image

Edited by martian, 14 November 2021 - 08:56 AM.

#28 Deconstructive Disagreeableness

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 07:17 PM

Please note: in the LIVE EVENT page CAULDRON is MISSPELLED

#29 Old_Sparky

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 10:50 PM

When we think about it, everything brought to us for the last few months is Cauldron-Born.

#30 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 12:46 AM

Thx, PGI!

#31 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 02:44 AM

View Postmartian, on 14 November 2021 - 08:35 AM, said:

The trick is to spread the damage across all sections of your Cauldron-Born.
The Cauldron-Born can survive a pretty serious beating - 13% health is not much Posted Image

Managed to tank erppc vapor to 7% last week all weapons functional and managed to even get a kill at that point Posted Image died eventually with rest of my team...

#32 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 03:02 AM

View PostCurccu, on 15 November 2021 - 02:44 AM, said:

Managed to tank erppc vapor to 7% last week all weapons functional and managed to even get a kill at that point Posted Image died eventually with rest of my team...

Yeah, running all-energy 'Mech surely helps. Posted Image

But seriously, I have found out that the Cauldron-Born tanks reasonably well, probably thanks its long nose. Even slight torso twisting spreads damage quite good.

#33 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 07:01 AM

View Postmartian, on 15 November 2021 - 03:02 AM, said:

Yeah, running all-energy 'Mech surely helps. Posted Image

But seriously, I have found out that the Cauldron-Born tanks reasonably well, probably thanks its long nose. Even slight torso twisting spreads damage quite good.

yeah pretty damn good mech overall

#34 NanoLeviathan

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 08:41 AM

I think you mean the "Cauldon" Born Posted Image

#35 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 09:12 AM

View PostNanoLeviathan, on 15 November 2021 - 08:41 AM, said:

I think you mean the &quot;Cauldon&quot; Born Posted Image

Turns out, "Cauldron" is a protected term now and PGIs law department figured they can no longer use it ;-)

#36 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 09:25 AM

View PostSouthernDad, on 12 November 2021 - 05:03 PM, said:

Wasn't "Blood Orange" a color from last month?

View PostOberst Jaime Wolf, on 13 November 2021 - 05:22 AM, said:

Thx pgi. Pls change blood orange to another colour, we had that one last month.

+1 Posted Image

Nice mech but tends to fall apart fast under combined fire.. I like them but they can feel a bit paper thin.

All Clan Mech have that issue... Posted Image

View PostTELEFORCE, on 13 November 2021 - 04:17 AM, said:

What doesn't? Posted Image

Many IS Mech Posted Image

View PostDeeber, on 13 November 2021 - 04:04 PM, said:

For newer players who might be interested, the Ebon Jaguar has one of the most 'open' cockpit views out of all the mechs in this game. From memory, it'd be up there in the top five or six in that regard (in my opinion).

IMHO that's something P.G.I. should look at a lot more often when creating new mech variants : Some of the current cockpits are very claustrophobic! Posted Image

#37 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 15 November 2021 - 10:45 AM

Okay... somebody wanted me to lump some people all in a "Reply cauldron" command... or at least that's what my controls show today... oh, why not... :P
(Yes, pun intentional...)

View PostFupDup, on 13 November 2021 - 01:04 PM, said:

It's also a rare case where most of the Clans preferred to use the IS name of the mech rather than the original Clan name, excluding the Smoke Jags who created it. But they're not around anymore so their opinion doesn't really matter anymore...

Cauldron Born > Ebon Jaguar

View PostNanoLeviathan, on 15 November 2021 - 08:41 AM, said:

I think you mean the "Cauldon" Born Posted Image

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 15 November 2021 - 09:12 AM, said:

Turns out, "Cauldron" is a protected term now and PGIs law department figured they can no longer use it ;-)

First off... Why didn't anyone drop a Source Link to these nice info tidbits? For example, there's always the Sarna.Net Article on the "Ebon Jaguar / Cauldron-Born" @ https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Ebon_Jaguar_(Cauldron-Born) for everyone to look at! B)

Second off... We meant "Cauldron" for certain, NOT "Cauldon" because that is a misspelling!!! :mellow:

Third off... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT "CAULDRON" BEING A PROTECTED TERM?!?!?!? There is no damn way that it can be, directly due to it being the word used to specifically refer to a certain form of black kettle used since medieval times, as well as other similarly-sized super-large cooking containers!!! It is therefore considered as being a common use word, just like with "phone" or "mouse" or "spoiler", and law prohibits it (at least in my IRL country) from being made a protected term because of that!!! So there is no reason that I know of for which PGI should be forced to misspell that word, and I don't know of anything in Canada which would cause that either!!! :angry:

View PostOld_Sparky, on 14 November 2021 - 10:50 PM, said:

When we think about it, everything brought to us for the last few months is Cauldron-Born.

Ooooooooooooooooffff... Baaaaaaad Pun!!!!! And yet it's soooooo true... LOL!!! :lol:

...and now I'm gonna quietly saunter off elsewhere, because I hear a Mech-oriented blueprinting room calling out my name. :)

~D. V. "enjoying the cauldron-sized chunk of crazy references... well, sort of" Devnull

[One minor Edit by the Post's Author for a reflow error...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 15 November 2021 - 10:48 AM.

#38 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 11:03 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 15 November 2021 - 10:45 AM, said:

Third off... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT "CAULDRON" BEING A PROTECTED TERM?!?!?!? There is no damn way that it can be, directly due to it being the word used to specifically refer to a certain form of black kettle used since medieval times, as well as other similarly-sized super-large cooking containers!!! It is therefore considered as being a common use word, just like with "phone" or "mouse" or "spoiler", and law prohibits it (at least in my IRL country) from being made a protected term because of that!!! So there is no reason that I know of for which PGI should be forced to misspell that word, and I don't know of anything in Canada which would cause that either!!! Posted Image

Chill, Dev Posted Image this user was making a joke...

#39 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 15 November 2021 - 01:58 PM

Solid mech and with omnipods you have a great deal of options. Fantastic choice by PGI and any new players that may have not yet acquired one will benefit from having a versatile mech with potent high mounts. Toss the A variant on both side torsos and you have 1 ballistic and 2 energy above your cockpit to peek with.

#40 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 06:05 PM

to use a build with upper pods or not. i opted for not with a pair of hlls and 4 medpulse. unless you are going to stick something big in those pods id rather not have it acting as a bullseye to my side torso opting instead for a shallow profile. i didnt run it yet, but its gon be gud.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users