6 replies to this topic

#1 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 15 November 2021 - 08:03 PM

I have dropped on I don't know how many planets that have the green "Item may be here" flag, and have not seen a single item spawn in this play through. Is there a bug going on? I'm having this happen in both my EGS/PC and my Xbox playthroughs.

I recall that when this was first added, Ryana used to tell you when you'd drop that the item might be located on that planet, and you'd get a waypoint that would spawn. I haven't seen this on at all on the playthroughs in question.

Anyone else experiencing this?

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 10:14 PM

Last time I checked (latest client build), everything was in order. Look out for the contract descriptions. If a contract has the required item, it will say so.

#3 knight-of-ni

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 16 November 2021 - 06:32 AM

Yeah, this one got me confused at first too. I kept flying to planets that had the green icons on the star map, would play all the available contracts, only to find the item wasn't there.

Then I realized that the contact description actually tells you whether or not the item will be there, before you accept it. Doh! Big time saver.

Edited by knight-of-ni, 16 November 2021 - 06:33 AM.

#4 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 12:08 PM

Well, that is something I had never noticed...lol

Thanks, folks!

#5 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 01:46 PM

How it works.

1 - Only planets in the right area are flagged for possible locations.
2 - Only when you go to the right planet will one of the missions be marked as having the item.
3 - When you start the right mission marked for the item, at spawn Rhyana will first describe the mission then in a second dialogue describe and mark on the Battlegrid the item location.

Never understood why it picks randomly and cannot tell you which planet the mission item is on. If you have not found it, you must have missed going to one or more planets in the zone.

#6 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 17 November 2021 - 05:09 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 16 November 2021 - 01:46 PM, said:

How it works.

1 - Only planets in the right area are flagged for possible locations.
2 - Only when you go to the right planet will one of the missions be marked as having the item.
3 - When you start the right mission marked for the item, at spawn Rhyana will first describe the mission then in a second dialogue describe and mark on the Battlegrid the item location.

Never understood why it picks randomly and cannot tell you which planet the mission item is on. If you have not found it, you must have missed going to one or more planets in the zone.

I simply forgot that it flags a message in the mission to let you know you will find it on that contract, and then had the ridiculously poor luck of jumping to planet after planet with the green "might be here" icon next to it that didn't actually have the thing there.

That was why I started to wonder if it was a bug, since I'd take every contract and run all over the map hoping the damn thing would spawn, and like I said, this happened on something like 15+ planets in a row.

Once I was reminded about the notification in the contract before accepting it, I hopped around until I found a contract that had it, and bam, problem solved. Still perplexed at how I had so many without it though, for so long. lol

Thanks all!

#7 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 17 November 2021 - 08:12 PM

I do find it personally odd that when having to look for an item, it always marks multiple planets as possibly having the item. I would expect better intel in a future dystopia setting, I have even played games in future dystopia settings that mark item locations better than this.

This creates a lot of time sink that I wonder may be intentional.

It also is one reason I changed how I pick Cantina Jobs. Previously I would just pick them up and try to get as many done as possible early to unlock more stuff, the rewards I did not really care about.

Now I judge them more critically. I look at all the rewards given and dismiss those I deem as having low payouts. I also dismiss ones I have some idea would be hard to complete such as early Jobs asking for Igor kills (not many Igors are found early) and certain Mechs killed or acquired (some Mechs asked for are not common in early areas).

This include Treasure Hunter Jobs, sometimes I am not in the mood to hunt planets for the right mission, sometimes I just do not want to take missions in that area, sometimes the rewards are not worth it including when other Jobs give more.

Game gives plenty of time I do not need rush all this stuff early.

Edited by Wildstreak, 17 November 2021 - 08:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users