37 replies to this topic

#1 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 29 November 2021 - 09:13 AM

So, I finally decided to make this topic thus SPARE TIME FOR THOSE WHOM SAY LIGHT MECHS ARE *WHATEVER*... That way, please make this topic pinned, sticky, closed and sealed by the warning of deadly brainf@rt radiation on a galactic level...

How it works? Pick an option and post the chosen number! No need to start a new topic but you can tell your own opinion about cosmic truths. So let us see, right!

Options for posters:

Light mechs are OP, nerf them!
They ganged up in dozens and dozens and killed my unfortunate, lag-behind 100t Atlas what I played at the first time! NERF THEM ALL! *cries and whines here* MY POOR ASSAULT! NERF THE DAMNED LIGHTS RIGHT NOW!

Light mechs are screwed, give them swords!
My poor game-experience showed that lights are so whimps! I tried to kill six Annihilators simultaneously with my Locust but failed! OVAPOWA MAH LIGHTS NOOOOW!

Light mechs are light, but rarely shines!
I mean it! Make them super shiny and funky! And give them shiny swords to run all around with pride and dignity! MAKE LIGHTS GREAT AGAIN!!!

Light mechs are, well, dunno...
I have no clue what I wanted just saw another light mechs are **** thread. So yeah, make or not light mechs whatever! THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH!

Light mechs are fine...
I really love my daily dose of BDSM in MWO and light mechs give me all my satisfaction! I petition for 20t lights run only with XL engine and have a single laser hardpoint! GIMME ME MOAR SADO-MASO FEEL! YEEEEAAAAAAAH!

Light mechs have but one god!
I wanna ban everything what is non-Urbie because Urbies are awesome (they are) and I want 2c and 3d versions right now! And also a plushie version to use as my pillow! PGI, GIVE US THE HOLY URBIES NOW!

Light mechs are scarce...
We need more light mechs! And light-exclusive modes and events because we want it, PGI! In the next patch please add Commando 2c, UrbanMech 2c, Anubis, Cossack, Crimson Hawk, Owens, Ostscout, Fire falcon, Firemoth, Eyrie, Duan gung, Hermes, Hitman and Hollander! OR AT LEAST STINGER, WASP AND URBIE 2C!!!

If you on the other side, let us see some options for those whom care. It works the same way, pick an option, post it and save time!

Answer options:

A.
Learn to play, boy!
Yeah. Just do it, really! Even if you are not a boy, learn to play certain games make you happy...
Even with lights...

B.
Lights are not OP\Weak\Shiny\Harkonnen rocket launchers!
You, dear poster, wrong! Because lights are not what you said\written\posted or even thought! Deal with it!

C.
What the hell is going on here?
I not know what are you talking about but not even care! I drink another beer and farm you in QP\FP\RL...

D.
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
What are you not understand, heh? BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

E.
Deal with the massive dose of enjoyment!
Be a bit sado-masochist, friend, and just play those lights instead to complain about them! I mean, there are even Ultra lights and Protos, so GIT GUD!

F.
I am a light god and you would never...
Think lights are ****? Go, play WoT, or feel my wrath and face my ferocious dire Locust! Or my 2xLPPC Javelin what have 0 heat sinks! I would always defeat you as long as you just whine about! Lights are the dark side and the dark side always stronger!

So, you got the rules and options, use them well! And please, for the sake of all creations, never ever open a light mechs 'whatever' topic or thread ever again! Use this, be content and so on!

THX!

Edited by Duke Falcon, 30 November 2021 - 02:41 AM.

#2 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 29 November 2021 - 09:42 AM

GG

#3 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 29 November 2021 - 10:09 AM

Hello friends

#4 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 29 November 2021 - 11:34 AM

My opinion?

Option 5 or E. Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#5 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 01:57 PM

Light mechs are on the dark side.

#6 ThreeStooges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 505 posts
  • Locationamc reruns and youtube

Posted 29 November 2021 - 02:22 PM

All of us light mech pilots are sadists homicidal and suicidal son of b--- that want to set your mech on fire,add gas then have s'mores with the surviving light mech pilots then pull out our nutrana wands,packs and traps and busts the ghosts of the just killed because busitin makes us feel good.

If you want to know how bad a light mech can be go pilot any is xl death trap of a jenner or not-hero locust with a stop watch seeing how many seconds you last in a qp match. Your only goal is to see if you can survive seconds longer than the last match and do maybe one more point of damage than the last one. That is how you gitgud in a light.

#7 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 04:47 PM

View PostThreeStooges, on 29 November 2021 - 02:22 PM, said:

All of us light mech pilots are sadists homicidal and suicidal son of b--- that want to set your mech on fire,add gas then have s'mores with the surviving light mech pilots then pull out our nutrana wands,packs and traps and busts the ghosts of the just killed because busitin makes us feel good.

that deserves a quote, made me picture that in my mind ;)

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 04:56 PM

some left out options.

E. i only pilot urbies and feel good about my mechwarrior. urbie op pls buff.

or

5. i need urbie iic. pgi you pay attention most make urbie iic booster mech pack!

the point of this post is spot on though. i mean its always some guy who saw a shiny new assault mechpack and bought it thinking it somehow entitled them to a higher murder rate than those squirrel peasants. then are shocked to realize how quickly they fall in sight of their scrawny foe. like any weapon you have to know how to use it. the learning curve is steep, and rightly so. because once you know how to assault you cannot stop the flood of cbills and xp. and having a light does not mean you will be instantly cutting assaults down to sizeeither, it has its own learning curve.

#9 KaptinOrk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 08:46 PM

View PostThreeStooges, on 29 November 2021 - 02:22 PM, said:

If you want to know how bad a light mech can be go pilot any is xl death trap of a jenner or not-hero locust with a stop watch seeing how many seconds you last in a qp match. Your only goal is to see if you can survive seconds longer than the last match and do maybe one more point of damage than the last one. That is how you gitgud in a light.

As someone that's spent the last couple days skilling out a new Panther, I feel this in my bones. Every enemy is better in some way, they're tougher, faster or more dangerous, but for some reason, I keep trying to figure out how the **** this grimacing cat mech works. It's going poorly.

#10 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 30 November 2021 - 02:42 AM

To see how caring I am I add some more options!
This topic now really satisfies all future light mechs are **** topics! I am proud upon my released nightmare!

#11 ThreeStooges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 505 posts
  • Locationamc reruns and youtube

Posted 30 November 2021 - 02:10 PM

View PostKaptinOrk, on 29 November 2021 - 08:46 PM, said:

As someone that's spent the last couple days skilling out a new Panther, I feel this in my bones. Every enemy is better in some way, they're tougher, faster or more dangerous, but for some reason, I keep trying to figure out how the **** this grimacing cat mech works. It's going poorly.

I have the panther with 40% ppc buff. Looking at armor plus skill tree only the urbie beats the pnt so go full armor tree first. Rip off the pos ppc and go mpls with a srm 4/6. Pnt isn't fast enough to be a great ppc sniper since its only back up weapon is a srm or mrm. You will loose almost every duel against an enemy light every time if you use the ppc/missile combo. Damage per ton wise mls or mpls do better than a single ppc.

Orbit the slowest biggest assult mech and shoot any enemy within range. You can have fun experimenting with the different ppcs but only the lppc or er ppc will do damage at 89m or under. If you really want the easiest abit slowest way to skill it put a lrm 10,lfe 200,2xdhs and smls on it with a uav.

I've tried it as a ppc sniper and I'm just not the sniper type as I go in after enemy mechs and I'm often having to duel enemy light mechs which is an ez kill for them when you have only the ppc/missile combo. I'd trade out that 40% speed buff for a 40% less heat buff in a second so you could actually use an er-ppc as an effective sniper but even with max cool run and heat gen that dam er ppc is still hot as f and for the damage per ton lasers out do it every time.

#12 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 30 November 2021 - 03:41 PM

View PostThreeStooges, on 30 November 2021 - 02:10 PM, said:

I have the panther with 40% ppc buff. Looking at armor plus skill tree only the urbie beats the pnt so go full armor tree first. Rip off the pos ppc and go mpls with a srm 4/6. Pnt isn't fast enough to be a great ppc sniper since its only back up weapon is a srm or mrm. You will loose almost every duel against an enemy light every time if you use the ppc/missile combo. Damage per ton wise mls or mpls do better than a single ppc.

Orbit the slowest biggest assult mech and shoot any enemy within range. You can have fun experimenting with the different ppcs but only the lppc or er ppc will do damage at 89m or under. If you really want the easiest abit slowest way to skill it put a lrm 10,lfe 200,2xdhs and smls on it with a uav.

I've tried it as a ppc sniper and I'm just not the sniper type as I go in after enemy mechs and I'm often having to duel enemy light mechs which is an ez kill for them when you have only the ppc/missile combo. I'd trade out that 40% speed buff for a 40% less heat buff in a second so you could actually use an er-ppc as an effective sniper but even with max cool run and heat gen that dam er ppc is still hot as f and for the damage per ton lasers out do it every time.

The urbie and the adder are probably the better light PPC snipers

#13 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 December 2021 - 04:40 AM

You missed the most important one OP..

Light mechs are too small.

#14 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 01 December 2021 - 05:40 AM

View PostMechaGnome, on 01 December 2021 - 04:40 AM, said:

Just because you cant shoot them doesn't mean they're too small.

#15 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 06:00 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 30 November 2021 - 03:41 PM, said:

The urbie and the adder are probably the better light PPC snipers

tbh, my 3/4-Lppc urbie doesn't impress me. which is a shame. I think a laser-loadout will be better on it. the ppc-adder otoh always delivers solid numbers, both in dmg and kills to me (as it should - has 1,6x to 2x the output of the urbie^^)

#16 knight-of-ni

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 01 December 2021 - 06:28 AM

View PostKaptinOrk, on 29 November 2021 - 08:46 PM, said:

You come back to the cat because of the glowing eyes. You got the glowing eyes, right? They were on sale recently.

Posted Image

#17 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 01 December 2021 - 08:40 AM

View PostMechaGnome, on 01 December 2021 - 04:40 AM, said:

Nah, I not missed this option. Hell, some lights are near larger (taller is the right word?) than my Hellfire! (Hint: Wolfhound, Panther) But if BAs or Protos would ever present (would never) then this option may be valid at some degree.

So no more selection options right now. Learn to use the current onesPosted Image

#18 KaptinOrk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 08:50 AM

View PostThreeStooges, on 30 November 2021 - 02:10 PM, said:

I've been trying to run it as a skirmishy mech, but I've been told multiple times that my build (https://mwo.nav-alph...4d9b33fd_PNT-9R) is kinda bad. I'm trying to make a "superstock" build for the Panther and keep the "spirit" of the original design intact, but it hasn't been going well.

Other users have suggested to either go close-range brawl or to stick to the outskirts with dedicated sniping, I'm planning to try both over the weekend and see how they perform. Part of the issue is that I've been bouncing between T4 and T3, I'll have a few good games in T4, then get bumped to T3 and get crushed back down and repeat.

View Postknight-of-ni, on 01 December 2021 - 06:28 AM, said:

You come back to the cat because of the glowing eyes. You got the glowing eyes, right? They were on sale recently.

Posted Image

Alas, no. I bought too many Free Worlds League cosmetics, so I didn't have the MC to afford the eyes and my monthly game budget had already been spent. I'll pick them up with my next MC purchase because it's a great bolt-on.

I came back to the cat because I've always liked them, but I never picked them up because they're kinda wonky for MWO with the low arm mounts and limited CT slots. They work great in the early game in MW5 and they're a blast in HBS BT too.

#19 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 01 December 2021 - 08:55 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 01 December 2021 - 08:40 AM, said:

Nah, I not missed this option. Hell, some lights are near larger (taller is the right word?) than my Hellfire! (Hint: Wolfhound, Panther) But if BAs or Protos would ever present (would never) then this option may be valid at some degree.

So no more selection options right now. Learn to use the current onesPosted Image

You're giving him too much credit. This isn't a good faith critique. He wants lights to be bigger so he can shoot them more easily without meaningfully practicing up on his own gunnery skills. Its a "light mechs op" argument dressed in slightly different clothes, and not one to be taken even remotely seriously.

View PostKaptinOrk, on 01 December 2021 - 08:50 AM, said:

I've been trying to run it as a skirmishy mech, but I've been told multiple times that my build (https://mwo.nav-alph...4d9b33fd_PNT-9R) is kinda bad. I'm trying to make a "superstock" build for the Panther and keep the "spirit" of the original design intact, but it hasn't been going well.

Other users have suggested to either go close-range brawl or to stick to the outskirts with dedicated sniping, I'm planning to try both over the weekend and see how they perform. Part of the issue is that I've been bouncing between T4 and T3, I'll have a few good games in T4, then get bumped to T3 and get crushed back down and repeat.

Alas, no. I bought too many Free Worlds League cosmetics, so I didn't have the MC to afford the eyes and my monthly game budget had already been spent. I'll pick them up with my next MC purchase because it's a great bolt-on.

I came back to the cat because I've always liked them, but I never picked them up because they're kinda wonky for MWO with the low arm mounts and limited CT slots. They work great in the early game in MW5 and they're a blast in HBS BT too.

Because everything on the panther is bound to the arms, it really limits its build utility. I think a firestarter would be a better sniper for you.

#20 KaptinOrk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 09:02 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 01 December 2021 - 08:55 AM, said:

Because everything on the panther is bound to the arms, it really limits its build utility. I think a firestarter would be a better sniper for you.

It's on the list of lights to pick up in the future, so I'll eventually make my way around to trying it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users