We Need To Talk About Implementing Lancemates Behaviors

2 replies to this topic

#1 PancakeBunny

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 12:01 PM

Sometimes its nice to see enemy catapults and archers backing down to focus on lurming, but that doesnt seem to happen to our lancemates, if their catapult has a single small laser, they'll go for despite the lurm 40, aint it about time to give this game the care it deserves by impletmenting some behaviors to lancemates othan than lame 'hold fire' or 'stay here' that basically nobody uses?

stuff like staying at maximum range of the longest raching weapon, lurmer ER PCCs folks. Brawl, for SRM oriented folks, machine guns, close range lasers, light mechs doing spin their around, facetanking banshees\atlases and high armored dudes. Balanced for more or less default behaviour, keeping some distance. 3 A.I. stances that should solve so many issues with loadouts and not have to resort to modding; we can't endorse this culture of "let modders fix the game", no, modders are to add more to it not do the dev's jobs.

Edited by PancakeBunny, 29 November 2021 - 12:02 PM.

#2 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 04:38 PM

There is also the 'set longer range weapons to group 1' bit that some say works.

AI is bad in several games both single player and online. So far I have yet to see any MOBA bot behave properly especially in one role.

Modding, players beg and demand this so much I think some devs have just thrown up their hands on fixing everything.

Edited by Wildstreak, 29 November 2021 - 04:41 PM.

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 01:03 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 29 November 2021 - 04:38 PM, said:

There is also the 'set longer range weapons to group 1' bit that some say works.

It works for me. Also make sure that they don't overheat. When firing the first weapongroup would produce to much heat they stop firing it and go in with the shorter ranged weapons.

What I do is I set one weapon for one group of ranged weapon and the rest as one group or two. For example my Archer.
4 LRM 10, 2ML
G1: 1LRM10
G2: 1LRM10
G3: 1LRM10
G4: 1LRM10
G5: 2ML

That way the NPC fires one LRM after the other and stays at range. he only switches to the ML when the enemy gets to close.

AI is bad in several games both single player and online. So far I have yet to see any MOBA bot behave properly especially in one role.

First part of the sentance I thought "Does he know that MWOs AI is actualy other players, not that you can actualy see a differance between MW5 AI and MWO players ^_^

Then I read the MOBA part and it became clear you meant something else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users