Mw5 How To Disable/customize Gamepad Settings

3 replies to this topic

#1 Custard Man

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 01:45 PM

i bought mw 5 but can't play it. i use my gamepad directional pad to move in place of the keyboard wasd keys. because i can't find a way to turn off the built in gamepad controls in mw5 or change them to custom settings i'm not able to play. is there not a way to disable the built in gamepad settings/support? i don't want to use the built in configs because they're no good for me and how i play. i did this before on another game by editing the userconfig file. i can pay someone if you show me how to disable the built in gamepad support/settings so that i can use my gamepad the way i want to. thank you for reading.

Edited by Custard Man, 15 December 2021 - 07:32 PM.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,848 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 01:16 AM

View Postgreenmagic, on 08 December 2021 - 01:45 PM, said:

i bought mw 5 but can't play it. i use my gamepad directional pad to move in place of the keyboard wasd keys. because i can't find a way to turn off the built in gamepad controls in mw5 or change them to custom settings i'm not able to play. is there not a way to disable the built in gamepad settings or customize them?

Welcome to the forums!

There is the entire section of the forums dedicated to MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries dicussions: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries

I suggest you either ask the Moderator to move this post there or you start a new thread in that section.

#3 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 02:22 AM

Wish granted! Thread moved to MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries

#4 Custard Man

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 07:53 PM

happy to say i found the solution. i'll leave this thread for anyone else who needs help. to avoid using the built in gamepad settings the solution i found was this: on the back of the gamepad (logitech) there is a switch. flip it from the default to the other setting. this will prevent the game from reading it. then you're free to setup the controls with your own gamepad software. the one is use is pinnacle profiler. this will let you program it the same way you would a joystick and use custom keys.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users